HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ross apologizes
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ross apologizes
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 08, 2011 10:18AM

This is about the best thing that could of come out of the round table with the media. It shows he made a "rookie" owner mistake in searching for a HC before firing the current one, and hopefully he learns from it and doesn't turn into the next Daniel Synder. I feel a little more relieved after reading this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ross apologizes
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: January 08, 2011 10:34AM

Do you have a link for us? I dont know what you are talking about?

Date: January 08, 2011 10:40AM

Date: January 08, 2011 10:44AM

Interesting he says Carl Peterson was not on trip and he never made harbuagh an offer. It is amazing, how the press flat out lie to make stories...

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 08, 2011 11:07AM

We live in an age of blatant propaganda and constructed illusionism and I doubt this is a verbatim recitation of the “facts.”

Whatever.

As the defacto GM, I actually blame Ireland far more than Ross on this. He should has insisted on a different course of action IMO.

Baby T doesn’t look very happy in those shots and Ireland looks like a l’il boy who was caught playing with himself.

Get on down the road l’il doggies.

Date: January 08, 2011 11:31AM

I dont think he would lie about Peterson, and Harbaugh can alway say they made an offered and I turned it down. So why lie about that as well.

Date: January 08, 2011 11:46AM

Yeah sorry about no link Crowder, I was in a hurry when I posted it. I also agree to an extent that Ireland should of told Ross "he boss, this isn't how we do it in the NFL" but Billionaires that sign your check can probably be a little intimidating.

Date: January 08, 2011 12:01PM

There are millions and millions of reasons why this would be presented in the most palatable way possible. It’s like,

“…golly I’m this l’il old innocent multi-billionaire with a fast jet and me and Ireland took a ride out to the Bay Area, had some great sushi for lunch, and chatted with Harbaugh for a bit. Yea, we wanted to know what he thought about the SFL climate and specifically the possibility of revising our logo.

I happened to tell him to stay in college because I’m a real believer in that whole higher education thing. He’s fine young man and boy can he eat sushi!”

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2011 12:02PM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 08, 2011 01:00PM

Date: January 08, 2011 01:12PM

I agree.

Yea, Tony had the ***LOOK*** of their honesty ALL OVER HIS FACE.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 08, 2011 01:20PM

The truth lies somewhere between what was reported by the media this week and what was Ross stated at the limited conference. Needless to say, we, the fans, will never know the exact truth.

Now we need to watch and see what the FO actually does regarding a new offensive coordinator. I surmise they must select someone between now and the NFL draft, hopefully weeks before it, so there's time to get input from him. We will watch, speculate, opine and then it will happen.

Date: January 08, 2011 02:30PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 08, 2011 02:31PM

if not then we're screwed

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: January 08, 2011 04:01PM

Ross said. ``I'm not familiar with going through this process, but I never thought it would be national news.

Do you really believe that this billionaire businessman is that naive? This is clearly a lie. So, if he's lying about that, what else is he lying about?

Contract offer? Harbaugh isn't going to come out and dispute that. It's his word against Ross/Ireland's and he has wayyy more important things to worry about now.

During the meeting, he realized Harbaugh wasn't the best fit and that Sparano was? C'mon Man, Gimme a break! After the two year extension you gave him, what else could you say?

You want to admit a rookie mistake, admit it and move on. don't lie and try to make yourself look better in the process. Really beginning to NOT like this guy!

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: January 08, 2011 09:00PM

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 09, 2011 01:09AM

As I've stated before, this limited media conference was for damage control. What the news media reported during the week contained partial facts and partial rumors. Ross put his "spin" on the events of the week. My belief is there is some truth in what he says but has down played things to get us to move on and to focus on something else.

The still shots of Sparano, Ross and Ireland, don't reveal all that much as to body behavior. I've seen this behavior before when a general officer in control has his subordinates around him and they must act without emotion and reaction. Sparano was likely biting his tongue...if we could only read his thoughts. moody smiley

I also believe that Ross is not as naive as he portrayed himself. No big business CEO would go into a business meeting without being reasonably informed about the situation by his lieutenants around him. Ireland would have clearly informed him about the Rooney Rule. If not he should be relegated to junior grounds keeper.

Remember also that not only is Ross a businessman having made his fortune in real estate endeavors, he is legally trained, passed the bar and later secured a secondary speciality in taxation. He is no fool, nor is he stupid. Don't believe for one moment that this guy is a bumpkin. winking smiley

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 09, 2011 02:55AM

ghotirule Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I blame whoever hired Ireland... Oh yea, that is
> Ross.
>
> If Ross were a serious owner, we'd have Cowher or
> chucky by now and Tony Sparano would have been
> sent packing.
>
> This Owner is a Joke!

Actually, Parcells hired Ireland and Huizenga hired Parcells. But, I agree with the rest.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: January 09, 2011 02:55AM

We will see next season how far or not we have come

Date: January 09, 2011 07:14AM

Date: January 09, 2011 08:28AM

Date: January 09, 2011 08:40AM

Posted by: opus ()
Date: January 09, 2011 09:00AM

This apology is total BS!!! So, I'm a multi billionare owner, and i want to change the coach of this football team of mine. So I just hop in my plane, get a highly paid executive to hop on with me and just happen to end up in the vicinity of the most highly coveted NFL head coach prospect.

You are telling me this guy does not have the intellect to realize that he maybe needs to follow some sort of protocol?? Maybe you know, take a look at what other teams have done during head coaching changes.

This is an arrogant self absorbed SOB that figures the rules simply do not apply to him!!

Then when the whole thing goes nuclear and Mike Ditka is basically calling you a total shmuck on national television, you put together this joke of an appology press conference to make everything alright.

This franchise is sooooooo screwed it will be many years till we even begin to recover from this fiasco.

Date: January 09, 2011 09:02AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 09, 2011 09:09AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ghotirule Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > ghotirule Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > I blame whoever hired Ireland... Oh yea,
> that
> > > is
> > > > Ross.
> > > >
> > >
> > > No, it wasn't.
> > >
> > > That was Huizenga, who hired Parcells who
> hired
> > > Ross and Sparano.
> >
> > Ross bought this team a couple years ago. As
> far
> > as I'm concerned, if he hasn't fired Ireland
> yet,
> > then he has hired him.
>
> LOL...nice try. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

actually ghotirule has a good point. Ross made the decision to keep Ireland vs dumping him an getting cowher. that's an endoresment akin to a "hire"

Date: January 09, 2011 09:13AM

Date: January 09, 2011 09:38AM

Hey, when it's possible to pull off a charade like WMD
this is nothing. It is what it is. Pretty obvious to most.

The nitpick "details" are really irrelevant anyway.
All you have to do is look at the faces to understand

what an embarrassment this whole "exploration" was.
No biggie. Biggie T was AWOL the entire year and

baby tuna flopped on the shore. Is that a shock
in retrospect? We can only hope baby tuna gets all better

and grows into a real Tuna. Nothing "canned" anymore OK?
We want an offense with imagination, excitement and

spicy mango salsa. No more bland iceberg lettuce and mayo.
We want a QB. We absolutely demand a QB! Fly around the world

with nightvision goggles until you
idiots FIND ONE!

Just do it.
And SHUT UP.

Posted by: Fleetlord ()
Date: January 09, 2011 09:58AM

I don't believe any of this....

The story went down as was originally reported.

Carl Petersen is INVOLVED. VERY INVOLVED. He will be the next VP of football operations or whatever title they tag him with...

Ugly stuff and darkness falling on our team, folks.

Date: January 09, 2011 10:39AM

Date: January 09, 2011 10:40AM

Date: January 09, 2011 10:53AM

It doesn't matter to me if he's bending the truth on the minute details of last week or not, i'm more impressed in the fact that he publicly had the balls to admit a mistake was made, ever hear Al Davis, Daniel Synder or Jerry Jones apologize for anything? I don't want to think of Ross as that kind of owner.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.