HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Sparano re-signed through 2013...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Sparano re-signed through 2013...
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 07, 2011 04:47PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sparano re-signed through 2013...
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 07, 2011 04:53PM

so we have the coach we wanted to fire 2 more years and more say over personell. this makes sense how?

we SUCK!!

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: January 07, 2011 04:55PM

Technically I think its 3 more years.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: January 07, 2011 04:56PM

Once they didn't fire him, they had to extend him. He'd have no credibility with the players, or in getting a new OC, if he was on a 1 year deal. And by going to 2013, they give him 3 years to develop a QB.

But, this is the guy who said he didn't try a hail mary at the end of the first half against Green Bay because the week before, Green Bay picked off a hail mary and "almost" returned it for a TD. He is the root of our ridiculously conservative approach. Someone, anyone, needs to get him to change his approach in this regard. Or else, it will be more of the same.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 07, 2011 04:59PM

Date: January 07, 2011 04:59PM

I'm done

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: January 07, 2011 05:02PM

Tony Sparano = Wade Phillips

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 07, 2011 05:46PM

Okay.

For those of you expressing total dismay over this horrid week, and are ready to abandon the Dolphins, I say good bye. The Broncos may become an interesting alternative team to follow with Tim Tebow next year...that may be fun and quite rewarding for you.

None of us posting on this forum, and that includes me, have any idea what is really going on with the Dolphins and why they proceeded in this seemingly bizarre direction this week. All I know is what I read and hear from sportswriters, ESPN analysts, and conjecture from everyone and anyone on the street. Nobody knows--they have opinions, speculation.

Sparano gaining an extension and other rights to his job description is fine with me.

As a fan since the beginning, I'll weather this storm and root for the team no matter what.

For those who just want to whine and complain, bicker with one another, banter, call each other boobs, call the FO boobs, Sparano a loser, and so on, get over it. If you're a season ticket holder and want to forfeit your seats--do it. If you don't want to go to games anymore in person, don't. And when the Dolphins start winning again, and they will, don't forget how you felt, how you expressed yourself in these dark hours, and gave up on the Miami Dolphins because you were frustrated and disappointed.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 07, 2011 05:54PM

Colonel, I have never attacked Sparano, only Henning. But I think people are rightfully embarrassed, upset and humiliated by this fiasco. As I wrote in another thread, my 49er fan nephew is giving me holy hell and its more the comedy we played on the national stage than "We got Harbaugh from you." It's great to jab Ole Unc on his beloved Dolphins.

The posters will stick with this team and are not going to leave. Give them a chance to vent. It's natural. Let's all pray for a new owner.

Date: January 07, 2011 06:08PM

speculation? it's no great mystery, ross peterson and ireland are INCOMPETENT!

Date: January 07, 2011 06:12PM

Colonel, dear sir I found your past posts intelliegent, well written and coherent.

This one, however, is both lacking in perception and rather condescending.

thumbs down

Date: January 07, 2011 06:16PM

Col. you can let the team piss on you and call it rain but I'll pass

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: January 07, 2011 07:07PM

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: January 07, 2011 07:21PM

Done deal, and I for one am not that upset. I mean come on the guy was coach of the year, two years ago. Miami just needs a few more play makers. Picking up Marshal was good but letting go of Ginn was bad. We need speed and hands to stretch the field. Julio Jones, wouldn't be a bad pick up and if we can't get him then get Mark Ingram as a replacement for Williams.

Offensive Coordinator, QB developer - Mike Shula....

Do this and we'll be in the playoffs next year...and I think everything will come together.

Parcell's ego was the real problem in Miami anyway. Good riddance to his as**. Really Ireland should have been out the door with him, especially after the "was your mother a prostitute fiasco..."

But we're stuck with Ireland another year, so lets hope he doesn't screw things up in the draft like trading up and giving away picks we don't have. Just get Jones or Ingram, and we'll be O.K.

Date: January 07, 2011 07:53PM

I want to know whats the difference between cowher and sparano
cowher will want to come in and play safe and play great defense
Tell his qb the same thing dont make the big mistake and let the defense win it
For years he couldnt get it done in pittsburg and he finally wins one but it was like 2 years later tomlin wins it to because they had a great team
I'll rather have sporano because he's hungrier for that ring
Sporano is a good coach!!
one of the Least penalized teams in the league and gets respect from his players
I'm sick of the cowher talk

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 08, 2011 02:37AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 08, 2011 05:15AM

Date: January 08, 2011 06:05AM

chrisnnavarre Wrote: Done deal, and I for one am not that upset. I mean come on the guy was coach of the year, two years ago.

He was in the running, and let's be honest, that was a VERY fortunate year...

Also, keep in mind Parcells was there on a day-to-day basis to hold Sparano's hand AND work the locker room. More than once you heard players refer to PARCELLS first -- as if he was the dude they where identifying with more that Sparano. With Parcells removed from the equation, Sparano is exposed and in the end, lost the team.

IMO no way that happens if Parcells was in the mix.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2011 08:05AM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: seadevil ()
Date: January 08, 2011 08:04AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> chrisnnavarre Wrote: Done deal, and I for one am
> not that upset. I mean come on the guy was coach
> of the year, two years ago.
>
>
> He was in the running, and let's be honest, that was a VERY fortunate year...

Well, most winning teams are fortunate. Steelers were fortunate with a blown call against the Dolphins this year.

The Dolphins were fortunate to have Dan Marino free fall to them in the draft that year. The Dolphins were damn lucky to get Shoes from that cuss in Baltimore too.

And don’t forget, the Dolphins are always on the lookout for an upgrade, dats juz da way tings are. See?

Pennington was there for all to have. But the Dolphins got him, yes, they were fortunate, but they were prepared to move when he became available.

> Also, keep in mind Parcells was there on a dat-to-dat basis to hold Sparano's hand AND work the locker room. More than once you heard players refer to PARCELLS first -- as if he was the dude they where identifying with more that Sparano. With Parcells removed from the equation, Sparano is exposed and in the end, lost the team.

> IMO no way that happens if Parcells was in the mix.

If you were to sit ten SB winning coaches at a table for dinner, and if Bill were to speak, my guess is most would stop to listen to what he says. Wouldn’t you??

Parcells has a very powerful persona; now if you know of another HC like Bill Parcells, please tell us, I’m sure the Dolphins would like to know. I’m sure that the Dolphins would have loved it if Parcells had coached the team to begin with.

Date: January 08, 2011 08:17AM

First of all it's NOT my job to find a HC for the Miami Dolphins so you can blow that smoke somewhere else.

My point was very simple, Parcells was INVOLVED in the day-to-day operations (including locker room presence, communicating with players AND advising Sparano).

That’s a FACT.

With Parcells out of the picture the onus of ALL responsibility fell completely on Sparano.

You think Sparano handled this team well?

You think he’s proven to be an NFL HC on the rise?

You think he’s the right call at the right time?

>>> Really???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2011 08:18AM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: seadevil ()
Date: January 08, 2011 08:34AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> First of all it's NOT my job to find a HC for the
> Miami Dolphins so you can blow that smoke
> somewhere else.
>
> My point was very simple, Parcells was INVOLVED in
> the day-to-day operations (including locker room
> presence, communicating with players AND advising
> Sparano).
>
> That’s a FACT.
>
> With Parcells out of the picture the onus of ALL
> responsibility fell completely on Sparano.

The responsibility was always on Sparano, whether Bill was around or not.

> You think Sparano handled this team well?

Well enough. It’s close. No one’s happy with the way things ended, you know that.

> You think he’s proven to be an NFL HC on the rise?

No.

> You think he’s the right call at the right time?

Considering the circumstances, maybe, we’ll see.

> >>> Really???

The real of the real.

Date: January 08, 2011 08:45AM

All I know is when I saw Sparano on TV after the "he's back" revelation I was immediately nauseated.

The fact that Sparano was given an extension -- I mean can you imagine rewarding him for the crap job he pulled this year – the ST fiasco, the Henne situation, Henning, the team quitting, the obvious cluelessness, et cetera – and we give this jamoke a REWARD?

A freaking contract extension?
It’s disgusting.
Foolish.
Stupid.
Monkey dung in the face of the fans.
And ruination to say the least.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.