HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          We are who we thought we were...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
We are who we thought we were...
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: January 02, 2011 06:41PM

Before the season, the majority of us were predicting from 7-9 to 9-7.
11-5 was a fluke.
Next year we'll finish about the same if not worse. This sucks...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: We are who we thought we were...
Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: January 02, 2011 06:45PM

socalphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Before the season, the majority of us were
> predicting from 7-9 to 9-7.
> 11-5 was a fluke.
> Next year we'll finish about the same if not
> worse. This sucks...

If we don't find a QB I would agree! but I'm gonna wait till after the draft and also see what kind of coaching/front office changes are made before declaring 2011-2012 a failure.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: January 02, 2011 08:13PM

Throwing in the towel already for 2011? You either have a crystal ball or are just pathetic.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 08:53PM

Thigpen is going to be our starter.

Get the man a ELITE CENTER, and some damn guards that can pull.

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: January 02, 2011 09:05PM

Mia1 Wrote:
> Thigpen is going to be our starter.
>
> Get the man a ELITE CENTER, and some damn guards
> that can pull.

SERIOUSLY what the hell are you seeing that has you so high on this guy?? He's a backup QB that you're right with a better team around him would keep the team competitive in games.

BUT we need to draft a QB in the 1st round and groom him to be our franchise QB, we cannot afford to sit around and gamble that guys like Thigpen are automatically going to turn into game-breaking QB's with a little more talent around him.

Thigpen is not the answer for our starting QB woes, a backup? yes that's where he's a good fit.

Date: January 02, 2011 09:09PM

You wana know what I see in him?

The moxy that make's every damn great QB great.

He has it. Plain and simple.

He has been givin the shaft his whole NFL career.

In the little amount of playing time he has put up better numbers than the so called groomed and polished Henne.

Christ sake man didnt you watch him play today?

I saw night/day differance between him and Henne

Thigpen has the arm, the leg's the smarts, and the moxy to be a franchise QB!

The question is why the hell doesnt anyone else see it?

Look at Romo, how long did he wait till he caught on.

Matt Cassel for christ sake.

Kyle Orton, WHAT? Kerry Collins? Kurt Warner took how long?

Jesus, they all have the it factor that I see in Thigpen.

Date: January 02, 2011 09:11PM

Marshall seems to edorse Thigpen too, you saying that Marshall is inept at judgeing a good qb, from a bad, or average qb.

You think that Marshall is upset, because he know's that if Thigpen, or somone else would have been the starter, the Phins would be in the playoffs, instead of get the ball batted at the O-line Henne, who can't complete a 21 yard TD to Bess to save his life?

Date: January 02, 2011 09:13PM

Does Thigpen need work, yeah, he was our third string qb most of the year.

Third string, let him prepare in the offseason with our first string.

You will see a QB who will throw some INT's, but he will also score TD's in a game, and will keep us in the game, and has that moxy to pull out some win's somthing Henne can't do.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: January 03, 2011 05:54AM

Personally, I thought we were a 10-6 team at the beginning of the season and if we'd had last years O-line, we might have been.

Posted by: SigKash ()
Date: January 03, 2011 05:58AM

Have to agree with you Mial, I like Thig as well. Some of his throws may be questionable, but at least he lets his receivers try to make a play. I respect Sparano, but I think his mentality needs to go...along with David Lee and Penny.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 03, 2011 06:33AM

Guys, just stop it with the Twiggy talk.

The guy is a journeyman, cast-off, reject....he is a bum.

He couldnt even get us into FG range during the Bears game. He threw 1 TD against the patsies during mop up time when the patsies were playing their 3 stringers!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? This guy is a bum, Henne is a bum.

JUST STOP WITH THE TWIGGY TALK! HE SUCKS!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 03, 2011 10:13AM

I personally believe Thigpen has significantly more upside than Henne, but in reality that isn't saying much.

Thigpen would be an interesting "experiment" with a Gruden type -- someone who can use his athletic talents in a creative way. And of course give him a football exorcism as well.

But yea, the odds are he’s fodder.

Date: January 03, 2011 10:16AM

Henne, on the other hand, is clueless as to what time zone he’s playing in. The kid simply ain’t got any football neurons capable of firing. And his “slothism” has gotten worse all season. I think he needs to see a physician or maybe a Shaman.

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: January 03, 2011 10:29AM

Henne was terrible. I would bet on it that the only reason they send two receivers out in coverage is the fact that he can only read two routes. They give him the back coming out cause it is always for little or no gain.
Just look at the play calling when they pull him and put in Thiggy. They go to five wide and or send four out. And when they do, he almost always finds the right guy. He needs time to work on the timing. If you look at his throws, the ones the miss-fire are timing routes. Even the guys running hot reads aren't ready for it cause they are used to Henne taking forever to make a read.

Marino was asked once how he makes reads and he just laughed. He told them that he didn't make reads after the snap cause he already knew in his pre-snap read where he was going. All good Qbs need that read ability and when Thiggy was ready to throw on a hot read, the receivers were not. Whose fault was that?

Date: January 03, 2011 10:34AM

Henne has trouble reading the McDonalds menu for gods sakes...

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: January 03, 2011 10:41AM

Mia1 Wrote:
> You wana know what I see in him?
>
> The moxy that make's every damn great QB great.
>
> He has it. Plain and simple.
>
> He has been givin the shaft his whole NFL career.
>
> In the little amount of playing time he has put up
> better numbers than the so called groomed and
> polished Henne.
>
> Christ sake man didnt you watch him play today?
>
> I saw night/day differance between him and Henne
>
> Thigpen has the arm, the leg's the smarts, and the
> moxy to be a franchise QB!
>
> The question is why the hell doesnt anyone else
> see it?
>
> Look at Romo, how long did he wait till he caught
> on.
>
> Matt Cassel for christ sake.
>
> Kyle Orton, WHAT? Kerry Collins? Kurt Warner took
> how long?
>
> Jesus, they all have the it factor that I see in
> Thigpen.

While I agree after watching Henne implode at the middle-end of this season, you are waaaay too far up on Thigpen's jock strap. You want the guy to start, we get it. Just try not to crane your neck so far out on the ledge for it that you get your head chopped off.

You ask "why can't anyone else see it?". Is it just possibly, maybe, just maybe, because it truly isn't there? Just sayin..

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: January 03, 2011 10:49AM

Henning uses a run style offense, That is why we send so few receivers out, it has nothing to do with Henne. He didnt send alot of receivers out with Pennington year 1 either.... Come on guys...
The difference is the lack of running the ball well. If you run the ball well, Henne is alot more successful, using the play action on 2nd or 3rd and short.
When the defenses know you are going to throw and you are only sending 2 receivers and TE, he is not capable at this point...
The truth is it is a philosophical mistake, to try and pass as much as we do out of our offense, it wasnt designed for it. I am not happy with Henne but I do understand the mistakes in what they tried to do this year with the offense.
IT was a fail on offensive design, vs personel that we had on offensive line. And then they tried to adapt and throw 40 times a game out of power run offense, that can't run.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: January 03, 2011 10:51AM

Careful Crowder52. You start throwing logic around like that you won't make any friends!

Date: January 03, 2011 10:55AM

Hello. Any crap QB is "better" with 2nd and 2 as opposed to 3rd and 9.

The point is Henne cannot execute when he has to. End of story.

Investment Advisory: sell your Henne dolls ASAP because they will be worthless real soon.

Date: January 03, 2011 12:12PM

The truth is the offense isnt designed for a young Qb to execute 40 passes a game and be successful. I do agree Henne didnt get it done, but besides Brady or Manning, and they are questionable, could execute well in this offense with this personel. It is all based off of success in the run game, forcing teams to stack the box, then having a speed reciever that forces a safety to roll over the top. All the other recievers get one on one coverage. All a fail. THe offense failed IMO and Henne was no where near good enough to get it done with a dysfunctional offense. In the games we ran well, we normally won or at least competed to the end, when we didnt run well we lost.
I am not saying I have confidence in Henne from what he showed this year, and I think we should draft and sign another Qb to compete. But I also think these other problems need to be fixed and or the offense completely redesigned, as I imagine will happen, no matter what else occurs.

Date: January 03, 2011 12:22PM

Odenn Wrote:
> Careful Crowder52. You start throwing logic around
> like that you won't make any friends!

you aint lying...lol. I just try and imagine some of the commenters sitting at a conference table with the DOlphins brass arguing the points they make and the way they do it, and it gives me the laugh i need to continue on the path of logic over the emotions and insults approach to our beloved team...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.