HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          can we please get rid of marshall
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
can we please get rid of marshall
Posted by: ifShulaWasPrez ()
Date: January 02, 2011 01:09PM

the guy is an absolute cancer ...... mcdaniels was actually right about 1 thing ..... and so was cutler .....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: can we please get rid of marshall
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 01:12PM

Sorry I don't mean to be a a.. but that is a absolutly HORRIBLE decision and just would be really really stupid.

You blame Marshall, the guy had over 1000 yards recieving this year.

Lol.... OHHHHH what telling the truth about Henne, and Henning makes him a cancer? lol...

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 01:13PM

really, marshall is our only legit star on offense other than long. wtf are you talking about?

Date: January 02, 2011 01:15PM

we dont need his whopping 1000 yards if hes gonna be a cancerous tumor on our team ..... the guy is a pos .

Date: January 02, 2011 01:17PM

we need a team ...... not a big name fa here and there ... that route has obviously not worked for us in the last 12 yrs ....

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: January 02, 2011 01:17PM

Could it be he is a POS for the reason that he did not agree with the whole offense failure,,,,,,

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 01:18PM

Marshall was one of the few bright spots this year....why would we get rid of him??

Date: January 02, 2011 01:20PM

cause hes not a team player ..... hes a team cancer ..... now i see why mcdaniels and cutler hated him ... you dont go to the media with dirty laundry about your teammates ...... are you people for real , your gonna defend a pos like that .

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 02, 2011 01:26PM

I wouldn't get rid of him but I'd consider moving him to the slot and I'd use many more 3 and 4 WR sets. We need to darft a rookie with real speed (4.4 or better), size and route running ablity to boot.

Demaryus Thomas...wish we'd drafted him.

Him along with Marshall, Hartline and Bess would have had all the potential in the world to be a great group going forward.

Date: January 02, 2011 01:30PM

the guy needs to seriously stfu .......

Posted by: marcsbros ()
Date: January 02, 2011 01:30PM

Why get rid of Marshall when hes speaking the truth?
So i suppose we should keep Henne because he shows no emotion,no leadership and no passion for the game.Marshall,along with Dansby Long and Wake are the best players we have...should we get rid of them as well?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 01:31PM

he's the only one on offense who seems to give a damn, we don't need more average good soldiers we need guys who care and can actually play. no more brian "our offense is great" hartlines

Date: January 02, 2011 01:38PM

do you ever hear dansby wake and long talking isht about fellow teammates to the media ? no ... theyre not team cancers like marshall .....

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: January 02, 2011 02:03PM

How many guys on the team intentionally commit penalties that hurt the team when they are disappointed about their personal stats?

That would just be Marshall.

Who was the only Dolphin player or coach to not run off the field at halftime?

That would just be Marshall.

He is not a team player. He is a classic "me first" diva receiver. People want us to go out and draft a young QB. Do you think it's good for a young QB to have the coaches teaching him one thing, and a very highly paid receiver telling him to do another?

I hope we do get Bill Cowher. And one reason is that there is no way Cowher would keep Marshall on the team. He wouldn't put up with it.

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: January 02, 2011 02:07PM

I want people that get pissed off when the team is playing like crap.. Marino would be pissing and moaning if the offense played like this, so Marshall is not happy and shows frustration with this crap Offense and you want to get rid of him???? I wish our QB would blow up once in a while with this Offense lack of production... I think this team in someway needs to hire Marino if for no other reason to show them how to fight and hold there team mates responsible for there play.... I miss his Fire on this team....

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 02:10PM

SHula look man he isnt a cancer, stop dude what did he do that was so cancerous on our team, besides call out the obvious?

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: January 02, 2011 02:28PM

Mia1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SHula look man he isnt a cancer, stop dude what
> did he do that was so cancerous on our team,
> besides call out the obvious?

In Denver, at a practice, he intentionally batted down passes instead of catching them. And he took balls from the ball boy and started punting them all around the field. He did this because he was unhappy with his contract. He also refused to play in the last regular season game, when the coach and medical staff felt he could play. And when he was called out on it, he publicly derided his coach.

In the first Jets game, he quit on the last 4 plays of the game, not even making an attempt to get open. He was called out for this by Sterling Sharpe, Mike Mayock, and Solomon Wilcots.

Mark Clayton and Jim Mandich both called him out for his lack of effort at the end of the second Bills' game.

Against the Bengals he caught a pass for a first down inside the 20, but negated it by intentionally throwing the ball out of bounds.

Against the Bears, he had a catch for a big gain, which he negated with a taunting penalty.

Early in the season, he admitted that after a series, he would go to Chad Pennington, and ask why Henne didn't throw to him on a certain play. Pennington would ask if he was open, and Marshall would say "no." But, instead of just talking to Henne, he was going behind his back. Right from the beginning.

He demands the ball even if coverage dictates the throw should not go to him. Henning and Pennington and Henne have all hinted at this throughout the season.

Last week, Marshall said that he has not got much separation this year, and that it might be his fault, and that he'll watch his film after the season and see what he could do differently. How about trying that 8 weeks ago when you could have done something to improve this season?

And his comments the last week or so. Do you see anyone else on the team throwing the coaches and the QB under the bus? Do you think that Bill Belichick would tolerate a player doing so? Ask Randy Moss what happens to a player in New England who discusses internal team issues with the media.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 02, 2011 02:31PM

Good post, Dolphinmark.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 02, 2011 02:35PM

If we're starting over and we can a 2nd and more back for him, then by all means trade him, put him in a package to move up and grab a QB already, do something because this sucks balls!!!!!!!!

Date: January 02, 2011 03:03PM

Mia1 Wrote:
> SHula look man he isnt a cancer, stop dude what
> did he do that was so cancerous on our team,
> besides call out the obvious?

only would a cancerous coward me me me type guy go to the media to call out teammates .......... thanx for the backup dolphaholic ..... we obviously need an offensive overhaul ..... we need to root out all the cancer in order to recover ...

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 03:09PM

I lose the point of this thread. Get rid of Marshall? What are you talking about?

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: January 02, 2011 03:58PM

ranger1 Wrote:
> I lose the point of this thread. Get rid of
> Marshall? What are you talking about?

DolfanMark spelled it out pretty well. A good coach wouldn't tolerate the things he's done this year. Intentionally comitting drive stalling penalties, speaking to the media about team issues, etc. is unacceptable.

If we can get a second round pick for him, I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 02, 2011 04:15PM

I commend Marshall for taking charge and speaking the truth. Somebody needs to do it.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 04:24PM

dolfanmark Wrote:
> Mia1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > SHula look man he isnt a cancer, stop dude what
> > did he do that was so cancerous on our team,
> > besides call out the obvious?
>
>
> In Denver, at a practice, he intentionally batted
> down passes instead of catching them. And he took
> balls from the ball boy and started punting them
> all around the field. He did this because he was
> unhappy with his contract. He also refused to play
> in the last regular season game, when the coach
> and medical staff felt he could play. And when he
> was called out on it, he publicly derided his
> coach.

Last i checked Mcdaniels sat him and Scheffler for "dogging" practice, and nobody knows how sore he was from that injury, he could have been in legitimate pain

> In the first Jets game, he quit on the last 4
> plays of the game, not even making an attempt to
> get open. He was called out for this by Sterling
> Sharpe, Mike Mayock, and Solomon Wilcots.

He was getting rode hard that whole game it was his first real meaningful game in the florida heat and humidity in 3-4 years, he was clearly dehydrated and tired.

> Mark Clayton and Jim Mandich both called him out
> for his lack of effort at the end of the second
> Bills' game.
>
> Against the Bengals he caught a pass for a first
> down inside the 20, but negated it by
> intentionally throwing the ball out of bounds.

It was the heat of the moment, it was a bad idea, but we were behind and needing a boost and we was trying to spark some enthusiasm and get some effort out of the team. Just went about it in a poor manner.

> Against the Bears, he had a catch for a big gain,
> which he negated with a taunting penalty.

He flipped the ball to cutler, it wasn't to taunt him he was just giving a shout out to his old Qb.

> Early in the season, he admitted that after a
> series, he would go to Chad Pennington, and ask
> why Henne didn't throw to him on a certain play.
> Pennington would ask if he was open, and Marshall
> would say "no." But, instead of just talking to
> Henne, he was going behind his back. Right from
> the beginning.

Lets face it Pennington is kind of the brains there, i would ask him too, i dont want to cause that drama with my QB and Pennington would be good at settling the situation.

> He demands the ball even if coverage dictates the
> throw should not go to him. Henning and Pennington
> and Henne have all hinted at this throughout the
> season.

He is a baller, he wants to make a play every play, i absolutely want my reciever to clamor for the ball especially when he's so highly skilled, and paid.

> Last week, Marshall said that he has not got much
> separation this year, and that it might be his
> fault, and that he'll watch his film after the
> season and see what he could do differently. How
> about trying that 8 weeks ago when you could have
> done something to improve this season?

Thats something you would hope your QB would be looking at with you as well as the OC and WR coach (if we have one), thats not solely on him you look at Peyton or Brady, and they work there asses off to make sure there recievers play there best.

> And his comments the last week or so. Do you see
> anyone else on the team throwing the coaches and
> the QB under the bus? Do you think that Bill
> Belichick would tolerate a player doing so? Ask
> Randy Moss what happens to a player in New England
> who discusses internal team issues with the media.

You just plain dont see the Patriots struggle the way we do on offense. There a machine, and theres no one in there right mind that would throw them under the bus because they know they have it good.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 02, 2011 04:28PM

I want more guys like Marshall.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 04:35PM

i do to but you have to be careful with it, because as good as the passion is, too many of them will cause a jets like talent implosion and hurt us, but i want marshall, along with a loudmouth philip rivers type QB, and a lagarrete blount running back.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 04:36PM

Can somebody tell me what he said? I've looked but I don't see anything. Somebody post a link or something so that I can catch up

Posted by: marcsbros ()
Date: January 03, 2011 12:41PM

I agree with an earlier post..perhaps Marshall shouldnt have gone to the media but what should we do? Paper over the cracks and pretend everything is "rosey" in the dolphin garden.Marshall,in my opinion,just wants to win and has a winners mentality.I would have his mentality any day of the week than Chad "i dont really want to do this "Henne or Channing "who gives a shit" Crowder.

This team needs winners,fighters,believers...not 3rd stringers,cowboys rejects and players who really couldnt give a toss what goes off as long as they get paid.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 03, 2011 04:43PM

And if this team had a system in place that catered to thier strengths and minimized their weaknesses like the Pats have...we'd be better all the way around.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 03, 2011 04:55PM

I just cant seem to imagine Marshall being here for many years.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.