HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Sun-Sentinel piece on Mickey Shuler catching passes
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Sun-Sentinel piece on Mickey Shuler catching passes
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 30, 2010 12:14PM

In today's paper there's a short article about rookie Mickey Shuler catching two passes in the Lions game. I knew there had been a drought at TE in the catching department but did not realize just how "dry" it was.
I had previously posted that it was good to see Mickey Shuler contributing. Perhaps in the future, he and Fasano will provide two passing targets to hit over the middle and on the side lines to keep drives going.

Will we see more passing attempts to our TEs in our final game with NE? I hope so. How about a couple in the end zones?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sun-Sentinel piece on Mickey Shuler catching passes
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: December 30, 2010 02:54PM

I don't care if the TD pass goes to an eligible lineman for god sakes. I'll take a touchdown in any shape or form at this point.

Date: January 01, 2011 06:15AM

I see that Fasano will be out this Sunday against NE because of an injury. Shuler will start in his place. Hope he continues his streak of catches (2 for 2). smiling smiley

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: January 01, 2011 06:43AM

Shuler actually had 3 catches, but one was negated by John Jerry's chop block. And that was a big penalty. We would have had the ball at the Lions' 30 with 55 seconds and 1 timeout left. Instead, we got pushed back to our own 35. It was a 35 yard penalty.

For the year, we've only targeted the backup TE 3 times. The first was an attempt to Mastrud in the Raiders' game. This has been a big problem for our offense, especially given how effectively we have used the 2 TE formation in the past. But, this is what happens when your 3 backup TEs are all undrafted rookies who were cut by other teams before landing in Miami. This falls on Ireland for not acquiring a legitimate #2 TE.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 01, 2011 06:46AM

Great!! So, we lose the only decent TE we've had all year. Now we're down to 1 unproven guy. Meanwhile, Dansby is on IR (what's the benefit of putting a guy on IR for the last game of the season anyway?). I fear this game is going to be a bloodbath.

Date: January 01, 2011 07:04AM

Concur. The Dolphins' FO get a D- in acquiring players at TE that can make plays (aside from Fasano). Maybe Shuler will work out.

Incognito will play C. Murtha is out so at RT. McQuistan is to line up at RT.

I can foresee a rough day for the O-line again. No running game, and Henne getting pressured resulting in turnovers. It could be a 3 TD blow out putting an exclamation point on our losing 7-9 season.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: January 01, 2011 07:32AM

Looking forward to being humiliated by the Patriots -- again. sad smiley

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 01, 2011 08:12AM

We should of kept Sheets at TE (cant remember his 1st name), played a little last year and looked promising.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 01, 2011 08:18AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 01, 2011 08:51AM

Sperry, Martin...a couple guys we should have hung on to at TE.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 01, 2011 08:55AM

Yeah Sperry, my bad.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.