HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Uncertain Offseason
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Uncertain Offseason
Posted by: CG ()
Date: December 27, 2010 04:09AM

Unfortunately for the Phins, they pick a bad time to have coaching and QB problems. With the labor issues, there are owners who may have second thoughts about firing their coaches. Unlike the Panthers whose coach has an expiring contract, owners would have to pay the fired coach and the new coach. Also, if you look at the teams out there, almost a third of the league may be looking to swap coaches. so the demand may be high and the supply may be short.

NYG
SF 49ERS
DALLAS
MINNY
CAROLINA
JACKSONVILLE
TENNESSEE
HOUSTON
CLEVELAND
CINCY
DENVER
OAKLAND
MIAMI

As for QB options, are there many good options. Kolb is an option but there are several teams rumored to have interest (CLE and MIN) and both have 2 round picks. McNabb is past his prime and so is Delhomme. I've read Leinhart and A Smith. They are worst than Henne in my opinion. Orton only put up decent numbers in McDaniels system. Other than that, he's had an up and down career. In the draft, Luck is the only blue chip QB and it would require a lot to move up from the mid first round to the number one or two picks. Mallett scares me because of his Petrino connection and system QBs. Newton is a one year wonder so who knows what you're going to get when he is in the league.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Uncertain Offseason
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 27, 2010 04:15AM

If Tennessee fires Jeff Fisher, then I am all for hiring that guy.

Fisher is a *GREAT* coach, just very unfortunate to never land a QB.

Billicheat would be in the same boat had he not *LUCKILY* drafted Brady.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: December 27, 2010 04:19AM

I dont think Oakland is firing their coach. Papa Al loves the Cable guy.

---------------------

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 27, 2010 04:23AM

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 27, 2010 04:30AM

Henne is just doing a "JoB". He figures he is getting paid regardless so who gives a shit.

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: December 27, 2010 04:38AM

Great link Ken!!!

If only all phin fans were able to see the obvious.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 27, 2010 05:08AM

I can't imagine Tennessee firing Fisher. That would be beyond stupid.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: December 27, 2010 05:18AM

Yeah I mean if you want a coach to bring in Newton which will turn into the next Vince Young, then sure hire the guy and watch us lose again, and again, and well basically be where we are now 3 years from now, so no thank you on Fisher.

Date: December 27, 2010 06:14AM

Mia1, if you are a "talent evaluator" like you proclaim, one thing you definately are not is a "coaching evaluator".

---------------------

Date: December 27, 2010 06:21AM

What has Fisher done with the ONE team he has HCed?

After McNair what QB has he put his money on? Two Collins, and the head case Young.

McNair wasnt even really that good.

He had a top notch Defense the past couple of year's and a decent running attack most of the time there.

If anything, I don't know man He aparantly know's talent, just not on the QB level lol..

Fine he couldnt be worst than Sparano, but I don't think he would bring us a SB win.

Date: December 27, 2010 06:24AM

He would want to draft Newton, and that would screw the pooch right there.

Date: December 27, 2010 06:25AM

He took them to the Superbowel and they have been legit contenders.....if he would have found a QB, he would have won a superbowel by now.

---------------------

Date: December 27, 2010 06:26AM

Exactly, however he hasnt.

That kinda seems to be the big reason this team can't go to the SB too, so again why bring in a guy who apparantly has a horrible taste for QB's?

Again ESPECIALLY after WHITE, no more run first QB's like Newton, guys who take 5 years to develop throwing mechanics like Vick.

No to Fisher. I would rather have Jason Garrett, or well myself lol..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2010 06:28AM by Mia1.

Posted by: SigKash ()
Date: December 27, 2010 06:32AM

I live in Nashville, go to Titans games, and have to listen to all the local sports show. If you remember the draft, Fisher did not want Vince. That came from the owner, Bud Adams. Fisher and Vince have never gotten along, well because, Vince doesn't work hard. He has alot of talent, but doesn't think practice and film study help. Fisher could not go out and get another Big Name QB or draft another because Bud won't let him. So he was stuck with Collins and Vince.

He reminds me alot of Sparano though, plays not to lose. I want a coach that wants to kick the shit out of ever team they play. But I have a feeling we will either have Vince or Fisher on our sideline next year

Date: December 27, 2010 06:39AM

SigKash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He reminds me alot of Sparano though, plays not to
> lose. I want a coach that wants to kick the shit
> out of ever team they play. But I have a feeling
> we will either have Vince or Fisher on our
> sideline next year

I don't know about that. Looking at their wins in 2008 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Tennessee_Titans_season), those scores don't look like a coach that plays not to lose. Compare those to Wanny's best season (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Miami_Dolphins_season). We scored over 30 only twice that year compared to 6 times for the Titans in 2008.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2010 06:40AM by montequi.

Date: December 27, 2010 06:44AM

SigKash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I live in Nashville, go to Titans games, and have
> to listen to all the local sports show. If you
> remember the draft, Fisher did not want Vince.
> That came from the owner, Bud Adams.

I think 2006 was the worst draft year for QBs EVER!!! The only QB that came out of that entire class that was worth anything was Jay Cutler.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: December 27, 2010 06:51AM

I liked that article. It explained a lot of what Henne supporters AND haters have been trying to say, and placed it into a nice concise piece. Is it Henne's fault? Well, yes. Is it ALL Henne's fault? Really, no.

One thing did stand out to me in the article, and I have really actually been able to see it with my own eyes at games, is that Henne's accuracy in down field throws is ATROCIOUS. Horrible. I don't know why, but he can't fit a ball into a downfield route like you need a QB to do. Watch Cutler, Manning, Rodgers. These guys can put the ball into a 6 inch pocket of space at 40+ yards. Henne has never shown me that he can do that, and unfortunately for him, that's what the entire fan base in Miami wants to see from the QB position. We're tired of dip and dunk and teams creeping up into the box to destroy us over the course of a game.

Date: December 27, 2010 06:54AM

Whatever happened to those NFL challenge shows? I remember NFL QBs competing for accuracy. WRs, CBs, RBs for speed. It was cool seeing Marino, Montana, Elway, etc... all clowning around and showing their ability. I'd like to see how modern QBs would do in those drills.

Date: December 27, 2010 07:05AM

They did those at the Pro Bowl if I remember correctly. The golf carts with the bullseyes moving across the field getting hit with a football covered in blue chalk. Good ole days. They stopped doing it awhile back, didn't get ratings.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 27, 2010 09:01AM

Loved the article. In my mind it's still definitely debatable whether Henne is complete trash or capable of getting better to the point where he QBs a Super Bowl winning team. It is not debatable, IMO, whether Henning's year as OC in 2010 has been horrible and he should be gone ASAP.

If two things are messed up, it's often difficult to tell what the impact of one is on the other. In my opinion, Henning's negative impact on Henne outweighs Henne's negative impact on Henning. Therefore, I want to see what another OC can do with him.

Date: December 27, 2010 09:05AM

Well when you put your egg's into one baskett, yo got to eat what you scrambled.

Sparano trusted Henne, and Henning, therefore you ride together, you die together.

Thanks for 2008, now be gone.

Posted by: SigKash ()
Date: December 27, 2010 09:19AM

Henning isn't the one throwing the ball. Sure, the playcalling is terrible, but when henne does finally throw over 30 yards, its not even close. You, I, and even opposing defenses know that he locks on. And lastly, his game management is horrible. Don't forget, he got benched this year, it just didn't last long cause of injury.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 27, 2010 09:34AM

Gruden, Cowher , garrett, Mariucci, even Nolan.

Go get Norm Chow as OC

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 27, 2010 09:38AM

You may be right in your thinking that none of the three will be here in 2011. If I were Ross, I'd make darn sure Henning's gone. Since it is a QB-driven league, I'd make darn sure I got as much evaluative information about Henne as I possibly could - outside of Parcells' family tree - before I give a blessing on his release. He will cost a few hundred thousand $$ and a roster space in 2011. Small potatoes to keep myself from throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

If I'm Ross, I ask myself what happened to the Henne who threw a beautiful bomb to Ginn over Revis (+1 other defender) island to beat the Jets. Did he get progressively worse all on his own? Or did external factors lead to worse performance?

It's been a frickin' circus at QB for so long that I make it a huge priority and I make sure that my answer is not on the roster already before purging everything.

Date: December 27, 2010 05:43PM

I agree that we should keep Henne on the roster, if he's willing to stay and participate in what ever role we place him in, even if it's the QB2 position. He's got enough talent to be a backup, I think everyone would agree with that. As for being starting material on a winning playoff contender? Yet to be seen by a long shot.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.