HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Henning interview
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Henning interview
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 25, 2010 03:41PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Henning interview
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 25, 2010 03:43PM

yeah that second comment really takes the cake. he's pointing out the lack of big plays on the team and mentions D and ST? This from the OC? He sucks, but more than that, he really sounds like a clueless arrogant prick. He's gone, of course, but I'd like him to be fired, not "retire."

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 25, 2010 03:45PM

I honestly quit reading the article after the 50 year old offense quote.

Ridiculous.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: December 25, 2010 03:57PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 25, 2010 04:13PM

funny thing is, he was always a terrible coach. I remember he was HC of the falcons back in the 80s when they awful and also the chargers when they sucked. not sure if he's ever had success, certainly not the success that would entitle him to have the attitude he seems to have

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 25, 2010 04:24PM

Big plays from special teams and defense help the offense. It creates a short field, or puts points on the board. Notice how Arizona jumped out to a 14-0 lead tonight on 2 INT returns? According to CBS last week, our defense leads the NFL with 30 dropped interceptions. How many more points would we have scored if some of those had been held onto, or held onto and returned for scores?

It is very difficult to maintain 15 play drives week in and week out. Sometimes you need those big plays.

I have been as critical of Henning this season as anyone. But, he is 100% correct when talking about our lack of dynamic plays, and the lack of team speed on offense. Is there a slower offense in the NFL? I doubt it.

And for people critical of the offensive scheme, keep in mind we rode this same scheme for the entire Don Shula era. And the Steelers have used the same scheme since Chuck Noll was their coach. They are all disciples of the original Paul Brown offense (before it morphed into the West Coast Offense with the guidance of Bill Walsh). The scheme starts with the ability to run the ball, and that has been our main downfall this season.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 25, 2010 08:49PM

His ancient approach to an offense/play calling is what's lacking "dynamics" and anyone with a 1/2 brain can see it. I really can't wait for this bum to be gone.

dolphanmark - You do have a logical assessment. I think the play calling is what's really gotten to me. Some different formations would help a bit too. I'm really tired of seeing the "I" formation & the Wildcat during a two minute drill.

Okay. Vent over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2010 01:11AM by 808phan.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 26, 2010 04:04AM

Henning is clearly defending himself calling up his experience as a reason to believe what he says. Not unusual as this is how you build credibility when you have a past. I do think he's right in that we still are missing several important playmakers. However, they are not necessarily WRs or RBs but lineman who are dominant players.

I do believe he is in the closing days of his employment with the Dolphins.

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: December 26, 2010 05:16AM

Most of us have been wanting this guy to be gone for 2 years.

I am SUPER excited that we are within 3 weeks of it actually happening.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

He will not be missed!

Posted by: CG ()
Date: December 26, 2010 10:34AM

The problem I have with Henning's comments is he refers to the 2008 season and the current offense is not as efficient as that offense of that year. If memory serves me correct; that offense was not good as well. Leading up to the NE game, the coaches came together and discussed how they could get the offense to generate points which led to the wildcat. Second, it was not Henning's idea but rather Lee's idea from his Razorback days. I saw where a writer alluded to Henning's genius when the wildcat is working. Well, the wildcat was not his development. What would he have been saying about the 2008 season if they had never unveiled the wildcat.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 26, 2010 10:45AM

clovis phinatic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Most of us have been wanting this guy to be gone
> for 2 years.
>
> I am SUPER excited that we are within 3 weeks of
> it actually happening.
>
> YES!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> He will not be missed!

smileys with beerthumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.