HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Merriman next year?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Merriman next year?
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: December 24, 2010 05:39PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Merriman next year?
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: December 24, 2010 05:42PM

Also, do you guys think we keep Crowder? His production this year, even taking into consideration his time missed for injury, is pitiful. He looks old and slow next to Dansby. I think he's gone this off season and the Phins look to draft someone in the 3rd or 4th to replace him, and be tutored by Dansby. Just for example, if Crowder isn't injured this year, his production would put him around 60 tackles for a full season. That's HORRID. I think if it were up to me, he'd get a pink slip.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 24, 2010 05:43PM

You know, if he slips far enough down below the 4th round, I can vouch for Defensive End Ryan Kerrigan from Purdue, led the Big ten in sacks. That would make it virtually impossible for a team to pass on us with Wake and Kerrigan.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 24, 2010 06:17PM

Merriman would be a waste. We need young depth. I think we keep our starting LBs this year. Unless Ebbs or Dobbins beats out Crowder in training camp, we'll have the same starters next year in week 1 as we have now. We could use a more legit WOLB behind Wake, but I wouldn't pay Merriman to be that guy.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: December 25, 2010 02:17AM

Total waist, he would want to much money, this would be the next Joey Porter, where we would get one maybe two solid season's, just to have to trade his butt to the Cardinals.

I would rather have Misi, he is decent, and I don't want to impede his learning curve, because he look's like a starter.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 25, 2010 03:09AM

It takes time to develop pass rushing skills. Misi admits that he basically only has 1 move right now. He'll be a much better pass rusher in his second year. Plus, Moses has shown some good things when he's been given a chance. I don't see us going after an OLB, especially one who has done nothing since the steroid suspension. They may decide to cut Crowder to save some money, so ILB could be on the radar.

Posted by: opus ()
Date: December 25, 2010 03:29AM

Another thread suggests we bring in Vincent Jackson. Why don't we just go to SD and say "Hey....give us every head case you have on this team!!!" At least Jackson can still produce, Merriman is a high speed felony related police chase waiting to happen.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 25, 2010 03:31AM

I agree. We need to find a solid prospect to fill Crowder's position. Lots of nagging injuries, and trash nonsense talking with little production necessitates a new player with growing skills.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.