HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          It doesn't make any sense.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
It doesn't make any sense.
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: December 24, 2010 06:46AM

Why keep Henning in as our OC at this point? It makes no sense. If he's not going to be here next year(please god), and you have a possible replacement in house already, why not give said replacement an on the job interview/tryout and hand him the reigns of play calling.

The more I see from Henning, the more I think the guy doesn't have honor. Any man that was planning on retirement, and put up the measly point totals in the last month that this team has put up, should be voluntarily stepping down. No one says you have to pack your shit Dan, we just don't want you on the head set anymore. Stick around, help out in the transition, be a true team player.

We're not playing for anything but pride and job security at this point. No reason for your failure of an offense to be run anymore. Please, if you read this somehow, just step down. Fans would have a little bit more respect for you if instead of blaming a "lack of speed" for your failures, you admitted you haven't gotten the job done and it was time for you to let the organization move on to a different solution at OC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: It doesn't make any sense.
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 24, 2010 08:10AM

I have no sympathy for Dan Henning. His years of success are long gone. The modern NFL has passed his old ass way of thinking which he failed to adapt to, which is why he's been fired before.

If he's refusing to admit accountability in any way for a lack of the offense being "dynamic", & instead trying to blame the players for not having enough speed, then I don't want him to teach anyone anything here. I want him gone now. The players would be better off drawing up plays themselves in the dirt like they did when they were kids.

Date: December 24, 2010 09:50AM

Right on 808, I agree. I think anyone calling plays at this point would be better for the team as a whole, and it's morale. Hand the reigns over, let the chains come off. Hell, lets sling it around. Turnovers be damned. It's not like if we lose, we're out of the playoffs. Your fans will at least appreciate your efforts, unlike the present product you have on the field.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: December 24, 2010 01:10PM

Because, as I said in the other thread, they are trying to save FACE and maybe their jobs.

They don't care about entertaining the fans or about trying to evaluate what's on the depth chart. Instead, they are going to stick with the same old crap for two more weeks to try to cover their asses.

Going out there and being aggressive and taking chances can backfire horribly, so they will continue being the most conservative, fuddy-duddy coaches in the NFL. Just think, if a Hail Mary gets run back for a touchdown, Tony will be collecting the balance of his eleven million dollar contract from a couch. Poor guy...

Date: December 24, 2010 05:25PM

RJ, I have a touch of faith. Reason? I don't think Ross got rich sticking with failures. He will be making moves this off season. I can almost say that with certainty. Unless something seriously drastic happens(Sparano announces Henning will no longer be calling plays, or Henning quits/fired), I think our stashed HC is gone at the end of the year. It wouldn't surprise me if Ross has already started to put feelers out for a new HC.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.