HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Question?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Question?
Posted by: Wannyblows34 ()
Date: December 23, 2010 11:34AM

Maybe someone can help me out here. My question is how come Thigpen played well in KC with less talent around him, but then again he can't even get on the field in Miami?

Is it really that Thigpen sucks? Or our coaches have their heads so far up Henne's butt that they just can't give this guy a shot and admit that they missed on Henne.

I don't beleive the Bears game proved anything about Thigpen. This guy is not a pocket QB and in that game they never called anything to try to play the game to his strength which is outside of the pocket.

Honestly I just think our coaches suck!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question?
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: December 23, 2010 11:38AM

Well THIGPEN had ZERO help, from our offensive line, which was desscimated in that game, and it sucked to begin with.

Thigpen showed more in that game, and it pisses me off that Sparano and Company won't give him the start these next two weeks to prove to everyone that he is better than Henne, and with more weapons, and a better O-line and OC he will dominate this bitch.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 23, 2010 11:43AM

Well, the proof is on the field.

Sometimes you have to trust what you actually see. I mean, that IS the evidence in the real wOrld.

Beyond that, it's pure speculation that any player would be his polar opposite in a different system etc. But yea it can happen, it's just the ODDS are very, very low.

It's legit to bring Beck back with a different OC and C and TE and team hermetic healer and maybe (???) he's ALL-PRO.

That kind of "argument" can be made indefinitely...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2010 11:46AM by BigNastyFish.

Date: December 23, 2010 11:50AM

Big nasty what you talking about man?

You make some very stupid comments somtimes, I feel just to make you appear to be well diverse, and educated, but in all fairness just makes you appear to be a guy who is on tap with Wikipedia on stat.

I mean stuff like Polar opposite? What the hell does Beck have to do with anything. Im not trying to be a douchbag, but seriously man It's like reading a riddle lol.

The point on hand is that the coaching staff know's HENNE isnt the answer, and if they put Thigpen in, and TADA we start winning, they will look like a bunch of douchbags, because they kept Henne in when we have a better QB on our roster.

Basically Tom Brady/Bledsoe, but instead of Thigpen shinning with a healthy team, and staying the starter he got pulled to protect the obvious.

Thats why Belicheat has 3 and with a very possible 4th SB win, and Sparano has jack and S.it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2010 11:53AM by Mia1.

Posted by: Wannyblows34 ()
Date: December 23, 2010 11:52AM

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Thiggy is not getting a fair shot here because this regime drafted Henne.

If Henne would've been drafted by Cameron he would be in the Arena league right now.

We'll maybe, I'm sure he'll suck there too. Robotic piece of crap

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 23, 2010 02:24PM

I'm just curious which 1 win of Thiggy's.......well 1 win has you drooling?

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 23, 2010 03:59PM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 23, 2010 04:02PM

Twigpen sucks and stats prove it.

THe guy is not a winner, more of a weiner, and has only won 1 game.

It has already been said, plenty of talent around him or no talent, Twiggy sucks.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 23, 2010 04:58PM

A&O sounds like Chad Henne's relative, what a Henne Homer

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 23, 2010 11:41PM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 24, 2010 03:59AM

Quote:
"A&O sounds like Chad Henne's relative, what a Henne Homer"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Broham, go read my other posts. I am one of the guys wanting us to trade up for a QB. So, ask yourself again, is A&O a Henne homer?

But the truth is the truth, Twiggy sucks and Henne is easily better. And I dont want either as my QB unless major things happen in the development of Henne. BTW, there is no hope for Twiggy, he sucks.

Come on guys, the dude has 3 mins of really good play, he reminded me of Sage Rosenfels coming in against Cleveland (?) and everyone wanted to annoint him the next QB, then he resorted to being horrible.

Rosenfels sucked, Twiggy sucks.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: December 24, 2010 05:11AM

Mia1, perhaps my subtlety went over you head like a Henne fastball?

My central point is very simple. Chances are if a player, specifically a QB, can’t get the job done in situation X he won’t be that much better in situation Y.

On the counterpoint, one can always “argue” the player didn’t get the right coaching, or the right system, or maybe a cool enough quaff to showcase his skills in the most complimentary light.

Hence the polar opposite equation: Player A sucks in situation X but he’d be great in situation Y. Please note I’m using “sucks” and “great” as polar extremes.

Therefore, given the POSSIBILITY of a polar shift, as remote as it may be, I used Beck as an example. Maybe Bill Walsh could have made the kid an ALL-PRO? It is a possibility although we’ll never know due to circumstances.

This underscores my point. The only “proof” that really matters is what’s demonstrated on the field. The rest is just theoretical football physics and random brain teasers.

If you think Thigpen is a diamond waiting to be discovered that’s OK. However there’s no legit evidence of that based on his play on the field. As I’ve said before, the kid is a really nice looking athlete, but he wouldn’t be the first great looking athlete who couldn’t get the job done.

K?

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: December 24, 2010 06:40AM

I get what you're saying BNF. Kind of like the arguement people have been using about Andy Reid's QB's and his system. Mainly that if we bring Kolb here, he'll suck because the system somehow is a black hole for QB's round here.

Hey guys, don't feel so bad about our QB situation. Henne sucks yes, so does Thigpen. But we could live in Minnesota where the QB's need walkers to get off the field and the female help gets flooded with text message pictures of penises. Just sayin, could be worse.

Date: December 24, 2010 07:07AM

Odenn wrote: I get what you're saying BNF. Kind of like the argument people have been using about Andy Reid's QB's and his system. Mainly that if we bring Kolb here, he'll suck because the system somehow is a black hole for QB's round here.

Yea, the “logic” used around these parts is pretty squirrely sometimes.

Andy Reid is obviously right up there with Billy Goat in terms of gray matter football. And the rest of the league looks rally stupid for passing on Vick. One can only assume that Vick couldn’t pass Ireland’s “yo momma was a ho” test.

LOL

Date: December 24, 2010 11:32AM

I understood what you where getting at but Beck never and will never do anything, no matter the system.

Thigpen moves the chains when he plays, he also throws the ball past 20 yards consistantly and occasionally it pay's off.

Henne is to slow and stupid to pull that off.

Thigpen was raw and young, when he started for KC what was he first second year in the league?

He did better than most would have done, and Larry Johnson the same douchbag that got traded because he lost his touch like 4 years ago, and the Dwane Bowe that sucked hard, and people only know about him now, because of the last two years.

Or the Gonzalez which was his only superstar, because Charles didnt do a damn thing.

Bottom line is everyone who use's the Bears game as a personal indicator in saying Thigpen sucks, and that Henne is better need to tell us how much bette Henne would have produced in that game lol...

Love to hear a logical argument on that one! lol

I'm not saying he is the next Young, but the man can be the next Romo, which is a hell of alot better than than the next Alex Smith,or Henne.lol..

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: December 24, 2010 02:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.