HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Another defense that knew exactly what to expect from us
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Another defense that knew exactly what to expect from us
Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: December 20, 2010 07:22AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another defense that knew exactly what to expect from us
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 20, 2010 07:30AM

So based on Henne’s actual play and production on the field you believe we can trust him with the future (next year)?

No need to look elsewhere?

In your opinion Henne is still the answer at QB?

There’s no real issue with Henne, the “problem” begins and ends with Henning?

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 20, 2010 07:48AM

The sad thing is that Henning changes things up (i.e., stops doing what works, to paraphrase Chyrencool smiley in an effort to PREVENT himself from being predictable.

Further proof that he's as ineffective as, to quote Mandich, "a eunuch in a whorehouse"

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 20, 2010 07:55AM

Date: December 20, 2010 08:13AM

Our drought is so long and severe we have to draft QB’s continually until we solve the problem. Take 2. Take 3. Take a boat load. Just solve the problem.

These idiots can no longer afford to be idiots.

End of story. Where’s the glory.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 20, 2010 08:15AM

Sitting pat on Henne would be absolute suicide, the big debate comes in how to get a replacement/competition. Trade up, sign someone else's back up, trade for an established one or look for a bargain in the draft. People might laugh at me for this, but I wonder what kind of trade value Henne has right now as part of a package to move up or aquire a guy like Carson? He's proven to have a major league arm with a pop-warner brain, maybe some QB guru out there thinks he can fix him.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 20, 2010 08:24AM

Tim Tebow, welcome aboard.

Date: December 20, 2010 08:29AM

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 20, 2010 09:18AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tim Tebow, welcome aboard.

The way Tebow played yesterday, if I'm looking for a coaching job in Den, I'm pretty excited.

Tebow stays in Den and Orton becomes available. Don't know if I want him or not but he would be an upgrade and give Henne competition.

Date: December 20, 2010 09:44AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> dolfan1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Tim Tebow, welcome aboard.
>
>
> In exchange for what?

First rounder

Date: December 20, 2010 11:54AM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 20, 2010 11:58AM

I agree, I think Mallett and Newton have more upside than Tebow.

But I dont think either Newton or Mallett are even close on the same level of leadership ability that Tebow is.

Tebow is an *ELITE* leader. He is in the rariefied air of Manning, Brees, Brady, and Rivers as far as leadership ability goes.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: December 20, 2010 12:38PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> I agree, I think Mallett and Newton have more
> upside than Tebow.
>
>
> But I dont think either Newton or Mallett are even
> close on the same level of leadership ability that
> Tebow is.
>
>
> Tebow is an *ELITE* leader. He is in the rariefied
> air of Manning, Brees, Brady, and Rivers as far as
> leadership ability goes.

Exactly why I'd want him here in Miami. We need elite. Not a hand me down.

Date: December 20, 2010 01:02PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote: Tebow is an *ELITE* leader. He is in the rariefied
air of Manning, Brees, Brady, and Rivers as far as leadership ability goes.

Wow. You really think he's proven THAT after one start in the NFL?

Really???

Date: December 20, 2010 01:05PM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> Aqua&Orange Wrote: Tebow is an *ELITE* leader. He
> is in the rariefied
> air of Manning, Brees, Brady, and Rivers as far as
> leadership ability goes.
>
>
> Wow. You really think he's proven THAT after one
> start in the NFL?
>
> Really???

I do. Yes.

Date: December 20, 2010 01:27PM

Date: December 20, 2010 01:29PM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> Franky I find that rather scary.
>
> Have you seen this???
>
> Tebow "The Leader"

Lol lol

Date: December 20, 2010 01:33PM

It is FUNNY AS CRAP, yes???

Gotta love that lost soul...

Date: December 20, 2010 01:48PM

Date: December 20, 2010 01:50PM

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 20, 2010 01:53PM

"Tebow is an *ELITE* leader. He is in the rariefied air of Manning, Brees, Brady, and Rivers as far as leadership ability goes."

If you haven't already noticed by my posts, leadership is a critical element in my life and I find it important with QBs too. I wholeheartedly agree with Aqua & Orange (A&O) on the above comment. Tebow exudes leadership.

Tonight I was with my youngest son (25 and an FSU grad) having dinner and Tebow came up in our conversation. I commented that I watched the brief highlights of Tebow's first start and saw him run for a 40 yds plus for a TD and throw for another. We talked and he said there are many who are waiting for him to fail because they don't like what the guy stands for. He also commented that Tebow wasn't on his favorite list because he's a Seminole and not a Gator. However, he further commented that the guy is "special" and it finally came out that he has that "special something" that makes him jump into leadership role where guys accept him for what he does and stands for.

I know this may be hooey to some, but I do think Tebow will make it because he has that special something. He is a guy that is too good to be true!

If I were a professional football HC, or the GM of team, I'd do everything reasonably possible to get him on my team. He brings something special that brings about cohesiveness and unity. A team has to have cohesiveness so they can become really effective in what they do.

Despite the Bronco's many losses, they are fortunate, and their hopes for the future are not bleak. It's a damn shame that Chad Pennington has succumbed to so many injuries because he exhibits very solid leadership qualities. I personally don't think he'll be able to make another comeback, again, a damn shame. So, the Dolphins need to evaluate their QB situation. Getting a first rate QB in the draft is unlikely so, we must "buy" one. Someone referenced Carson Palmer. That would be a blessing. It is my belief that if Palmer became a Dolphin, things would greatly improve. His passing ability would surely put points on the scoreboard? Or am I wrong? Our QB position would jump from a lowly D+ with Henne to an A with Palmer.

Date: December 20, 2010 02:11PM

Quote:

"Wow. You really think he's proven THAT after one start in the NFL?

Really???"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
After 1 start!? No, try his whole life. People have gravitated towards him his entire life.

The guy just has "it".

Again, I have never been a Tebow or Gator fan. But the dude is a leader. People rall around him.

---------------------

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 20, 2010 04:09PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
>
> Next best case is that a QB like Palmer gets cut
> and falls into our lap...but how likely is that?
> odds...1 in 4 or less?
>

Carson Palmer is completing a lower percentage of passes than Henne this year, for less yards per attempt, and with more interceptions.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 20, 2010 04:32PM

You can't underestimate how much of an impact it has when the other team knows what you are going to call for plays. I don't know about anyone else, but when I'm sitting at home, watching the game, I can correctly call run or pass for most of the game, based on the situation and formation. If I've picked up on those tendencies, imagine what defensive coordinators are able to do.

We have a ton of these plays where we only send two guys out into the pattern. And neither Marshall nor Bess is a guy that gets a lot of separation. These plays may help with pass protection, but they don't do Henne any favors.

Did anyone see the Eagles game? Did you see Jeremy Maclin's TD where he was all alone in one half of the endzone without a defender around him? Do you see how the Pats will run plays that spring Welker or Branch wide open? Those things are because of the scheme. When is the last time you saw one of our main targets running that wide open? Good offensive coordinators are able to do that.

How about how we underutilize Ronnie Brown? Ronnie has exceptional hands. And his main weakness as a runner has always been not having a good feel for finding/hitting the hole quickly. He is an exceptionally dangerous receiver out of the backfield, because of his hands and that his main weakness is negated. Under Cam Cameron, Ronnie had 39 catches for 390 yards in 7 games. Why? Because Cam Cameron knew what he had, and he exploited it. We should run a lot of deep patterns, clearing out areas underneath for Ronnie to make plays out of the backfield. You watch, Ronnie will go somewhere else in 2011, and he will be a better player in a system that knows how to use him.

Speaking of this, let's look at the last series of the game. Ball at our own 20, 42 seconds left, no timeouts, and we need 50 yards for a shot at a game tying FG. And Henning sends out Ricky Williams at RB, and Lousaka Polite at FB, lined up in an offset I. People are critical of Henne for throwing short passes, but what is this personnel package doing on the field? And why are the plays using short patterns? There is no contest between who is the better receiver out of the backfield between Ricky and Ronnie. And Ronnie is also a better blocker in pass protection. Why is Ricky on the field in this situation? It makes no sense from a personnel standpoint. And that is on Henning.

And I go back to an article Armando Salguero posted a few weeks ago. In it, he quoted an anonymous former Fins' QB who now works as a TV analyst (my guess is Jaworski). This former QB said, "when I watch film of the Dolphins passing game, I don't understand what Dan Henning is trying to accomplish."

There you go. That's all you need to know.

Date: December 21, 2010 05:31AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> Franky I find that rather scary.
>
> Have you seen this???
>
> Tebow "The Leader"

That still looks better than Brady's hair.

Date: December 21, 2010 05:39AM

colonel Wrote:

> We talked and he said there are many who are
> waiting for him to fail because they don't like
> what the guy stands for.

Your son is a bright and observant guy. That is 100% correct. I'm not a put-bible-verses-under-my-eyeballs type of guy by any means. But I'm also not wishing for Tebow to fail just because HE's that type of guy.

I think the odds are against him being a Franchise QB, but he's beaten the odds before in his life, so who knows. It's going to be fun watching him in order to find out, no matter who he plays for.

Date: December 21, 2010 06:10AM

Honestly, people hate Tebow because of what he believes in and what he stands for, which is ludicrous.

---------------------

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: December 21, 2010 06:27AM

JC Wrote:
> BigNastyFish Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Franky I find that rather scary.
> >
> > Have you seen this???
> >
> > Tebow "The Leader"
>
>
> That still looks better than Brady's hair.

HAH!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 21, 2010 05:28PM

The problem always returns to the starting point. If you go all-in as they say in poker for a high draft QB, it just makes no sense NOT TO deal Henne away. Plus, then since you would have a rookie as your potential future QB, then either you are stuck with starting Thiggy until he is ready to take over or bring in another vet on the market.

If, on the other hand, you are uncomfortable with that, then you have no business drafting a high draft QB and making the kind of give-ups necessary to make that choice practical. This being true, you might as well shore up the rest of your team in the beginning rounds of the draft and look for a QB in the later rounds or bringing in a Vet.

PhinFans2, your question is what if we find ourselves in the same position in December of 2011? Then we go for your advice in April of 2012. Absent Henne making the Pro-Bowl but the team posting a 3-13 record, I don't think that if we have upgraded the team so that Henne has a fair shot to perform (assuming of course we get rid of Henning), even I would be defending Chad Henne and saying he should be given yet a fifth year.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 21, 2010 05:33PM

Oops, PhinFans2, you said suppose there is nobody in 2012 draft.

Okayyyyyy. Do you really think this draft is so special with respect to QBs?

Do you have any reason to suspect that next year might not be just as good as this one?

The question is informative. I have no knowledge or position on the question. Is this really a GREAT quarterback Crop like 1983?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.