HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Couldn't develop a young QB
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Couldn't develop a young QB
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 20, 2010 04:42AM

Henne may be on the way out. Pat White got scared and gave up on football. BOTH these guys had tons of potential coming out of college. The only real good QB we've had in the Sparano/Ireland era was Pennington...and that lasted ONE season. With a different staff, who knows what Henne and White could have done. It's blatantly obvious our current staff has NO idea how to develop a young QB. Let's hope the next one does.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Couldn't develop a young QB
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 20, 2010 06:38AM

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 20, 2010 06:48AM

This is where I am, too.

That's why I think Sparano should fire Henning immediately (frankly, I think he should have done it long ago this season). If Henning is done after the season as is widely reported, then I think someone else should have a couple games to see what they can do with Henne. I know it's basically too late now, but I think it should be done anyway.

I am not at all against bringing viable competition for Henne - I'm in favor of it. However, if the choice is new OC, then I would really like to see what can happen with Henne in the mix with new OC maybe new QB coach, etc...with some development.

Posted by: jimmmyd3 ()
Date: December 20, 2010 06:57AM

This is why we might need Gruden . He made Brad Johnson look good.

Posted by: 561_Dolphins ()
Date: December 20, 2010 08:30AM

Lets not forget Pennington was 2nd in MVP voting under Hennings system with pretty much the same team from the 1-15 season so either Henning has suffered from dementia the past 2 years or Henne just flat out sucks and is at the helm of the 31st ranked offense with a guy like Brandon Marshall

Lets face the facts - Pat White was NOT an NFL QB in any way, shape, or form and its pretty self explanatory

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 20, 2010 08:34AM

I think we need to draft a QB in the 1st if one falls, and then draft Ricky Stanzi or TJ Yates in the later rounds.

Then that would leave us Henne, #1, and a later pick, to battle out.

Also, that would almost ensure Henne would start the first half of the season, and if he cant get in done in the first 8 games of next season, we would definately know he is not the guy.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 20, 2010 08:40AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think we need to draft a QB in the 1st if one
> falls, and then draft Ricky Stanzi or TJ Yates in
> the later rounds.
>
> Then that would leave us Henne, #1, and a later
> pick, to battle out.
>
Henne and 2 rookies at QB? Uhh...no..I'm not comfortable with that. Would you let Thigpen go as well?

Even if we draft a QB, we need to sign a veteran too.

The only way I'd be OK drafting a QB in the 1st round is if we manage to pick up a starting-caliber center and RB, as well as a pass-catching TE, somehow between the rest of our picks and free agency. Problem is, I don't see that happening, and I'm not high on an of the QB prospects except for Luck..which we won't have a chance at anyway.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 20, 2010 08:46AM

2 Rookies and Henne is better than what we have now.

We have Henne, and well.....Henne. THigpen sucks and needs to go.

My point is, we know what Henne brings. 2 rookies would only give us a better chance at one of them being a good pick.

But, I agree. We have *MANY* holes. I am hoping we somehow re-coup a 2nd round pick and can get a Center, but, I think a RB is easily found in later rounds.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: December 20, 2010 08:48AM

Henne can play! Our coaching staff is horrible (offensive coaching staff)

Posted by: 561_Dolphins ()
Date: December 20, 2010 08:49AM

Sounds like a great plan Aqua&Orange - Id be up for taking Newton in the 1st if he falls to us because honestly the talent level is pretty poor this year outside of Luck so what the hell...right?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.