HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Coaching vacancies and us.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Coaching vacancies and us.
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 15, 2010 04:50AM

With 3 moves being made already (the most I can remember in-season) and possibly 3 or 4 more firings coming (Carolina for sure with San Fran, Houston, Arizona, Cincy and Tenn. all possibilities) we should have our pick of established OC's to choose from. You already have McDaniels (unlikely because of his history with Nolan and Marshall) and Childress available right now (Childress is a tool but he comes from the Andy Ried tree, I might give him some serious consideration). If Kubiak comes available he's another one to consider, and the dark horse to keep an eye on would be Garrett in Dallas, if they dont retain him he could very well be our next OC. I think I would prefer Childress of this bunch.

The flip side to all of these openings is Nolan will probably get an interview or 2 with the job he's done this year and the fact he has HC experience. If he leaves and Singletary gets canned I would try real hard to bring him in, not sure of the D he prefers but I love his intesity and work ethic. Lets hope Ross steps up (ala Wayne) and pays Nolan enough $$$$ to not want to leave the warm confines of Miami. Thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching vacancies and us.
Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: December 15, 2010 04:59AM

Theres no chance of Garrett, if he leaves Dallas he wont be An OC in his next job, he will push for head coach.

Kubiak would be an alright option, i would go for that.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 15, 2010 05:05AM

Whisenhunt is 100% not getting fired.

Arizona is a QB away from being a good team. They will draft Newton or Mallett.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2010 05:05AM by Aqua&Orange.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 15, 2010 05:06AM

.....and if Tennessee fires Jeff Fisher, they are the dumbest franchise in the NFL. The dude is a great coach, and they are a QB away from being a good team, as well.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: December 15, 2010 05:22AM

I agree about Fisher but you never know how this VY tug of war is gonna play out with the owner. I also think Garrett stays in Dallas but with that loonie toons owner you just never know.

Posted by: BobT ()
Date: December 15, 2010 07:06AM

I think if Kubiak was fired from the Texans, the Broncos would scoop him up in an instant.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 15, 2010 08:35AM

BobT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think if Kubiak was fired from the Texans, the
> Broncos would scoop him up in an instant.

Already lots of talk in Den about this.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 15, 2010 08:39AM

g_fish55 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Theres no chance of Garrett, if he leaves Dallas
> he wont be An OC in his next job, he will push for
> head coach.
>
Jim Bates did that but couldn't find a HC job after he was promoted to interim HC here. He was then forced to take a DC job instead. So, you never know.

Posted by: BobT ()
Date: December 15, 2010 10:25AM

Garrett was a very hot commodity just a couple of years ago. He stayed in Dallas as "HC in Waiting". Bates has always been just a DC, but got a promotion due to the firing of a HC. He was never a hot commodity prior to being the interim HC.
...big difference...

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 15, 2010 10:33AM

Date: December 15, 2010 10:49AM

I would bet Cowher goes to Carolina, I think he lives around there. I think Garrett stays in Dallas if Jerry cant get a big name like Gruden or Cowher, but like Monty said, if Dallas doesn't keep him I think he stays an OC with someone else for the time being (most likely us with the obvious Ireland/Sporano/Dallas connection)

Posted by: Luis75 ()
Date: December 15, 2010 10:53AM

Might as well get Garrett cuz everything we pick up comes from Dallas anyway...

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 15, 2010 11:08AM

Jeff Fisher probably the next coach of Dallas. Maybe Garret or Kubiak goes to Den if they can't get Gruden or Cowher. I heard that the Cowher to CAR thing is overstated and probably won't happen. I bet that Nolan gets a HC job somewhere, unfortunately.

Date: December 15, 2010 11:18AM

Well one possible spot for Nolan that you can cross off the list is San Fran, thats for sure.

Posted by: 561_Dolphins ()
Date: December 16, 2010 05:21AM

If Houston fires Kubiak we need to get this guy as our OC, for real

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.