HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Stop hating on henne
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Stop hating on henne
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 13, 2010 07:45PM

Brain failure?

Why can't you answer a VERY SIMPLE QUESTION???

Is Henne your MAN at QB?

Is he the ANSWER for the Miami Dolphins at QB?

Are you seriously impressed with his play?

???

LOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 13, 2010 07:46PM

This is just way too easy...

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: December 13, 2010 07:49PM

Date: December 13, 2010 07:51PM

have you no capacity to back up your BS with an answer?

So you think Henne would be great if he played in a dome?

He's like a really good QB in your opinion?

Henne is The Man? You're like really cool with his production?

He's definitely THE ANSWER at QB?

The Miami Dolphins are 100% set with him for the next 10 years as our QB?

Henne is The Man? Henne is The Man? Henne is The Man?

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 13, 2010 07:57PM

Date: December 13, 2010 08:12PM

I've already answered this several times before but...

No. Keep him because he's all we've got right now.

I've been VERY CLEAR on what I think we should do.

Draft 2 QB's this year. Open TC with Henne + Thiggy + One high drafted QB + one mid to lower drafted QB. Declare the job 100% open and get it on. But we do NOT have the LT solution at QB on the roster right now IMO.

Does that answer your question?

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 13, 2010 08:33PM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brain failure?
>
> Why can't you answer a VERY SIMPLE QUESTION???

RE: I'll bite...
>
> Is Henne your MAN at QB?

RE: No, not completely, but that said I want to see him given the chace to develop with a better team around him and a new and agressive OC.
>
> Is he the ANSWER for the Miami Dolphins at QB?

RE: It's too soon to tell and the team has too many holes to properly judge.
>
> Are you seriously impressed with his play?

RE: It depends on which week you are talking about. Some games I am, then some I'm not.

Again, its too soon to tell. We simply don't have enough data to form a final accurate conclusion.
>
> ???
>
> LOL

Date: December 13, 2010 08:40PM

Way to go Ken. Gotta admire a man capable of answering a few questions.

I've answered elsewhere so that makes two.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 14, 2010 03:59AM

Quote:

"No. Keep him because he's all we've got right now. "

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Ok, this should be simple for most people, lets see how simple is it for you, stank.

So, you realize he is all we got right now, but recognize in the offseason that we need to address the position?

SO WHY DO YOU CONTINUALLY POST AND RAID EVERY THREAD WITH HENNE JUNK, WHEN THERE IS NO POINT IN TALKING ABOUT IT UNTIL FEBRUARY!?!?!?!?

DROP IT!

IT'S POINTLESS!

.....and yes, I was yelling.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Wannyblows34 ()
Date: December 14, 2010 04:29AM

The fact is, Henne will be the QB next year

So I'm guessing you guys are satisfied with our QB performance right?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Henne's development, he's right on track you say?

Now we're blaming the weather for his horrific play right and the OC right?

Wow, whatever happened to accountability? So now it's everyone else's fault that this guy just flat out sucks! But you guys think he still needs more time? More time to what? What this guy needs is a real QB standing next to him in practice that's really going to challenge him for the starting job, that's what he needs. Don't give him the job, make him earn it!!! He has no competition, and stop comparing him to Sanchez, different QB's, different teams, different situation. If that's the case then you can compare any player on any team.

Stop trying to justify his poor play. When other players play bad we nail them, so what's the difference with Henne?

When Gibril Wilson was missing every tackle and Ginn was dropping passes a year ago, everyone wanted their asses out of here.
The QB position has been the weakest position all year long and people are still defending this guy like if he was the #1 overall pick in the draft or something. Please, he's no better than anyother QB on our long list. So get over it, we need another arm!

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 14, 2010 04:47AM

Your just beating a dead horse.

Again, WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT IT RIGHT NOW????

WAIT UNTIL FEBRUARY!!!!!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: December 14, 2010 04:55AM

Posted by: SigKash ()
Date: December 14, 2010 04:56AM

I am trying to remember what Brady just did IN THE POURING SNOW! Please, someone refresh my memory. So your rain excuse is crap. You don't get to that level and use rain as an excuse. Second, lets not forget about Henne has already been benched this year because of his terrible play. You guys continue to defend him and his learning period, but if you look at other QB's that sat and learn, the first year they were the starter, they performed ALOT better than Henne(Rodgers, Rivers,)

Draft a young, emotional, "i can't stand to lose" QB, early in the draft and throw him in the fire. Henne doesn't have "IT"

Date: December 14, 2010 04:59AM

BTW, Wannyblows, I forgot to add that even Stank says we should keep him and get 2 more quarterbacks. I think that is placing WAY TOO MUCH emphasis on the quarterback position on a team with many desperate needs but you would just toss him out like last week's garbage.

Date: December 14, 2010 05:04AM

Oh, yeah, Sigkash, let's get rid of him because he is not Tom Brady.

And BTW, for a QB, rain is a lot harder to play in than snow. For most other football players snow is worse but for a QB and RB having to grip the ball and the QB having to hold on to it and pass it, the drenching wetness is far more a factor than the snowflakes.

Why are all these people coming out of the woodwork and demonstrating their lack of football knowledge. You are the equivalent of a guy who goes around covered in a raincoat with nothing on under that and flashes his lack of football knowledge.

Date: December 14, 2010 05:06AM

Posted by: SigKash ()
Date: December 14, 2010 05:34AM

Loved the raincoat analogy, reminded me of my 6th grade years.The point is that rain is not a valid excuse. Go look at the stats for Bengals/Steelers game in which is was pouring rain the whole game. Hell, I am sure I can find a long list of great qb stats played in rain. Your argument is garbage. Oh, and the whole "me flashing you" thing, I hope your girlfriend/wife wasn't around. You will probably end up single soon

Posted by: seadevil ()
Date: December 14, 2010 05:42AM

> Draft 2 QB's this year. Open TC with Henne + Thiggy + One high drafted QB + one mid to lower drafted QB. Declare the job 100% open and get it on. But we do NOT have the LT solution at QB on the roster right now IMO.

But, at least the Dolphins have the LT, whew, thank Gawd that’s out of the way.

Your idea about the draft? Eh, not so good. It leaves you with a good chance of Henne starting the season next year. So, in a way, you wouldn’t have even accomplished your #1 goal.

Better to try and set the bar higher.

Anyway, so much depends on how this season ends. How will Henne finish the season? Where will the Dolphins be drafting? The Dolphins finish 10-6 with a playoff win, and you’re gonna draft a QB in the first round next year?

The Dolphins win the SB and you’re gonna draft a QB in the first round next year? I mean, who knows?

In reality, the Dolphins are pretty close now, a few holes left, but pretty close, how much time will developing another rookie QB take?

A “high drafted QB?” What does that mean? A “high” 1st rounder? How are the Dolphins going to move up in the draft?

And which “high drafted QB?” Cam Newton? How far is he going to fall in the draft? Because that’s where Miami is going to have to go to get him. Andrew Luck? What would it take for Miami to get him? You willing to part with that?

Another high drafted QB gamble, after all this effort put into Henne, a pretty high draft choice himself? Newton or Luck and I’m listening, but tell me what would the Dolphins have to give to get one of them. And if Henne leads this team to a playoff victory, or anything close to that (i.e. relatively successful game manager), and you’ll have a tougher sell for a “high drafted QB.”

But, it all depends on how things play out; these other posters are obviously right about that

If you’re looking to shake things up, that is, if Henne doesn’t end the season well, a better approach might be to bring in two QBs, but only one through the draft.

Like, maybe a FA or a trade. For example, what would it take to get Carson Palmer in Miami next year?

How about that? Going to camp next season, with three QBs on the roster, Carson Palmer, Chad Henne, and a late round draft pick. Say, like a 6th or a 7th. Like, maybe, Mitch Mustaine. How about that? Carson Palmer, Chad Henne, and Mitch Mustaine? Again, that is, if Henne doesn’t end the season well, which, I hope he does.

There are probably a dozen other scenarios that are preferable to the Dolphins expending both high & low draft picks on QBs in the same draft.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 14, 2010 05:58AM

ChyrenB,
"BTW, if you want to see a quarterback that cost his team the game, then look at Matt Straub against the Ravens"

Did you watch the game or just the last play?

Straub was great. Especially in the second half. Led his team 99 yards for a touch and then about another 90 yard touchdown drive. Then completed the 2 point conversion. He was great. To bad for that last throw. Amazing what a QB can do with great receivers.
I'd take him on our team in a heart beat!thumbs up

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 14, 2010 06:08AM

ghotirule Wrote:
> > Is Henne your MAN at QB?
>
> Is he the ANSWER for the Miami Dolphins at QB?
>
> What, are you Joe McCarthy or something? Trying
> to root out anyone that my have some tie to the
> Henne supporters? You didn't ask me if I was a
> Meeechigan man.....
>
> Have you no sense of decency?

good one ghot.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 14, 2010 06:22AM

Leon In Denver Wrote:
> ChyrenB,
> "BTW, if you want to see a quarterback that cost
> his team the game, then look at Matt Straub
> against the Ravens"
>
> Did you watch the game or just the last play?
>
> Straub was great. Especially in the second half.
> Led his team 99 yards for a touch and then about
> another 90 yard touchdown drive. Then completed
> the 2 point conversion. He was great. To bad for
> that last throw. Amazing what a QB can do with
> great receivers.
> I'd take him on our team in a heart beat!thumbs up

Agree.

Straub may have 'lost' overtime but name me the last time Henne:
-Brought his team from from 21 down in the second half.
-Led 4 straight scoring drives including TD drives of 99 and 95 yards to tie a game.
-Moved the ball and scored points against a very good defense who KNEW he would be throwing.

No, Henne wouldn't have thrown that last INT, cause we would not have been in OT, we would have lost 28-7 with Golden Boy laughing and eating a hot dog on the sidelines while his groupies busily made lists of who was to blame.

Date: December 14, 2010 06:30AM

toss him out like last week's garbage.

Because he is garbage!!!

Why are we talking about the rain? It was a beautiful day in Miami in the Cleveland game, beautiful night in Miami in the Patriots game, nice day in Baltimore in which he got benched afterwards let me guess a bird crapped inside Henne's helmet in all of those games that's why he could not make the throws right? hhmmm!!! any more excuses for this guy??

Ok I'm going to stop bashing this guy right now. But I want someone to step up and tell me the good qualities that you see in this guy? Please tell me what you see that since I don't have any football knowledge, I want to hear from you the experts in the talent and promise that this guy gives us for next season? Come on, humor me.

Date: December 14, 2010 06:33AM

Date: December 14, 2010 06:34AM

Date: December 14, 2010 06:35AM

seadevil: LT in the above context means long-term.

So I assume your solution is to do nothing since we’ve already got so much invested in Henne and he may be our QB by default next season?

Wrong. We need to get aggressive about the position – THE MOST IMPORTANT on an NFL team. This regime wagered the entire future on one QB pick in 3 years. As stated over and over Pat White was comic pick not a viable QB. That incompetency has put us in a bad position. Our QB play is at THE BOTTOM of the league and there’s NO viable alternative on the roster. But yet you wound do “nothing.”

Great answer. ZERO solution.

Aqua: if you go back and read this thread, I responded to someone else’s declaration of “Henne hating.” In addition, all I did was ask a simple question – if the poster felt Henne was, in effect, playing well. That led to this avalanche of drum beating support – and yet NO ONE could answer the very basic questions I was asking. They turned and ran like li’l girls.

I also clearly articulated my position on the kid, answering my own questions at the request of ChyrenB. And I answered his question about having a plan. So I get (effectively) attacked for having a coherent solution to the obvious problem which none of the other posters can even answer a very simple question about???

Get real dude. If you’re going to tell others Henne is not the problem, it’s the REST OF THE TEAM, I’m going to seriously challenge that EVERY TIME. Why? Because I support the TEAM first – not the QB.

So get your facts straight before you take the “high road” and act as if all this crap just comes out of thin air.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2010 06:36AM by BigNastyFish.

Date: December 14, 2010 06:43AM

Now blame him for the special teams.

I wasn't talking about the special teams, I thought the conversation was about the way Henne played. Henne made Ninkovich look like Deion Sanders that night LOL get real man!

Date: December 14, 2010 07:08AM

> seadevil: LT in the above context means long-term.

> So I assume your solution is to do nothing since we’ve already got so much invested in Henne and he may be our QB by default next season?

> Wrong. We need to get aggressive about the position – THE MOST IMPORTANT on an NFL team. This regime wagered the entire future on one QB pick in 3 years. As stated over and over Pat White was comic pick not a viable QB. That incompetency has put us in a bad position. Our QB play is at THE BOTTOM of the league and there’s NO viable alternative on the roster. But yet you wound do “nothing.”

Ah, I did suggest a hypothetical solution .

----“Going to camp next season, with three QBs on the roster, Carson Palmer, Chad Henne, and a late round draft pick. Say, like a 6th or a 7th. Like, maybe, Mitch Mustaine. How about that? Carson Palmer, Chad Henne, and Mitch Mustaine?”---

Yawn.

Date: December 14, 2010 07:17AM

And how are you going to get Carson Palmer?

Send up a flare?

You think he's the answer?

Wasn't Carson drafted at one time? Was he a #1 pick?

BINGO.

Thanks.

Date: December 14, 2010 07:41AM

> And how are you going to get Carson Palmer?

> Send up a flare?

You tell me, you're the one who is blasting on about getting a QB, I've given an option, tell me how to get the player. Do you have a better option? Let's hear it.

Surely you have something else to say beyond the most obvious observations, observations that the Dolphins have long ago made (as evidenced by the benching of Henne).

About Palmer; who is Cinn taking with their first pick?

If Cinn takes a QB with that pick, and it’d be a tough pill for Miami to swallow, but, it’d take some players. I guess, to start with, are there any Dolphins untouchable?

Dansby? I don’t like it, but, maybe. First rounder next year? Future picks? I don't know.

> You think he's the answer?

Don’t know, but he’s probably an upgrade to Henne. So, what could the Dolphins do with Palmer starting right now as opposed to Henne? Probably better right?

Then they’d still have the #1 to take, maybe a RB, like Ingram, if he’s around.

> Wasn't Carson drafted at one time? Was he a #1 pick?

> BINGO.

> Thanks.

That’s actually an irrelevant observation. Yeah, yeah, yeah, in the abstract, yeah, it’d be better to take a QB higher, but that has little to do with the current Dolphins reality.

Date: December 14, 2010 07:56AM

Listen dude, I think Carson is a discounted commodity right now and if we could get him at a bargain price I like the concept. The problem is we have no clue how viable that idea is -- so we can’t put that in the bank as a sure fire answer.

It’s a speculation at best.

At age 30 Carson would be a HUGE upgrade over what we have now IMO.

Plus that would give us time to draft and develop the long term solution, and also put Henne back in the oven to cook some more. But there’s also a good likelihood we’d trade Henne in such a scenario to offset the Cason deal and give proper attention to the new young QB’s.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.