Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          GREAT WIN!! BUT Henne still played AWFUL and Sean Smith still sucked as usual.....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
GREAT WIN!! BUT Henne still played AWFUL and Sean Smith still sucked as usual.....
Posted by: 561_Dolphins ()
Date: December 12, 2010 06:50PM

.....just be glad that "Dirty" played 5 and a half times worse

Henne was HORRIBLE today and it was very bad to watch, he looked like he didn't even know where he was at.

This win is credited solely to the defense MINUS Sean Smith. I don't want to hear any of this "knocked passes down" bullsh*t. He played TERRIBLE - This guy should be leading the league in INTs right now, but continues to have grease on his hands week after week. HE SUCKS

BUT GREAT WIN TODAY!!!!!!! and nothings better than beating the pond-scum Jets.....at their place

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GREAT WIN!! BUT Henne still played AWFUL and Sean Smith still sucked as usual.....
Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: December 12, 2010 07:10PM

Re: GREAT WIN!! BUT Henne still played AWFUL and Sean Smith still sucked as usual.....
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 13, 2010 01:17AM

This crap is really tough to read.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: ABR ()
Date: December 13, 2010 02:53AM

I agree with the OP. Great to beat the Jets but aside from that we were just as bad as we were last week against the Browns. Just that the Jets were worse. Look, even Buffalo beat Cleveland. We have no offense. None. I don't know why we can't seem to figure it out. Last time it really worked was with Fiedler, and that's because Shula's influence was still strong. Remember a guy named Cam Cameron? We hired him because we wanted O at any cost. 3 years and a regime change later, and guess what hasn't changed?

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 13, 2010 03:25AM

???? Sean Smith probably had his best game of the season, he broke up a ton of passes. Yeah he gave up one or 2 but that is going to happen. Without Sean Smith's play. it is a good chance we would have lost the game. SO I dont remotely get the intelligence, of claiming he sucked as usual. Did you even watch the game??

Date: December 13, 2010 03:35AM

"He gave up one or 2"...Try more like 4 or 5 (seriously) - I dont even want to take a guess on this guys Dropped-INT total for the year but Id definitely bet hes leading the league in that category. Ive been saying for a few weeks now this guy sucks and I really hope Nolan Carroll takes over

Date: December 13, 2010 04:02AM

Get over it 561.

You either need to A) Watch more football and learn or cool smiley go relieve some pressure and make some drain babies because you are over your head on this.

Take a chill pill, guy. The guy is playing good. What is keeping him from playing "great" is his dropped INT's, which I do recognize is a problem.

But hey, atleast he is knocking them down. That does mean he is putting himself in position to make the play.

---------------------

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: December 13, 2010 04:06AM

Sean Smith is not a player. He is terrible at taclking and his hands are terrible. I know knocking down the ball is second best, but just think of the field postition if we pick off the ball. Eliete teams make those plays and keep a bad offense in the game. The defense as a whole did great and kept us in, but they could have single handidly put it away for us also.

Date: December 13, 2010 04:07AM

Really? Then why is he in position to make so many INT's?

---------------------

Date: December 13, 2010 05:11AM

561_Dolphins Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Ive been saying for a few weeks now this
> guy sucks and I really hope Nolan Carroll takes
> over

I am not a big Sean Smith Fan, and I like Nolan Carroll alot, but based on what happened yesterday Sean Smith helped keep the Jets from scoring. And without blind luck, Santonio Holmes dropping a ball in the endzone, while supposedly double covered by Nolan Carroll and Chris Clemons, it is a much different game. If you watched the game neither guy was within 5 yards of Holmes... How can you be so critical of Sean Smith's play but ignore Carroll mishaps, by wishing he takes over.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 13, 2010 05:35AM

Why do people keep insiting sean smith played a horrible game....

He had one of his best games of his career.. the fact that he didnt pick a couple of passes doesnt mean a thing.

Thats always coachable.

Date: December 13, 2010 06:04AM

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: December 13, 2010 06:16AM

Not sure what game you were watching. The Sean Smith I saw, came in and made a couple big tackles in run support, immediately tackled wide receivers who made a meager catch here and there, batted down like 3 passes that showed extremely impressive athleticism and position, and beat the QB by correctly jumping routes and outpositioning wide receivers 3-4 times to be in position for the INT, which he frustratingly couldn't capitalize on today. HUGE DAY for Sean Smith!

But then again, if you're the kind of football fan that my grandma is, who yells "fumble!! fumble!! fumble!!" EVERYTIME the other team has the ball then I guess all you would have noticed is that Smith dropped some potential interceptions today

Date: December 13, 2010 07:03AM

561_Dolphins Wrote:

> EXTREMELY frustrating watching this guy play this
> year and Im not only talking about dropped INTs -

I agree.especially if that int can change the outcome of a game.

Date: December 13, 2010 10:37AM

561_Dolphins Wrote:
> Your right I probably should give this guy one
> more year before I make a judgement but it is
> EXTREMELY frustrating watching this guy play this
> year and Im not only talking about dropped INTs -
> This guy has missed A TON of tackles. When I was
> at the Thursday night Chicago disaster, my whole
> section was talking about how terrible this guy is
> playing & to say "Smith had his best game
> yesterday" shows how poor he has been this season
> because with all those drops Im lucky I still have
> a working TV today

I agree, between, Chris Clemons and Sean Smith, its seems they have dropped ten easy interceptions, ten balls that literally bounced of their hands. That is extremely frustrating and as you say a lack of finishing off the other team. There is no debating Sean Smith has also had at least 2 or 3 potential dropped pick 6 int's which makes it worse.
However, as A&O pointed out, obviously the guy is doing something right because he has been in the right spot that much.
I think Sean Smith, tackling has gotten much better as the year has gone on. He also has done a hell of a job shutting down these TE's that use to kill us at the beginning of the year. What did Dustin Keller do yesterday, not much, and the reason being Sean Smith shut him down alot. FInal play of Minnesota Game, Sean SMith broke up the throw to the TE, endng the game. I believe the final play of the GreenBay game Sean Smith broke up a throw to TE. And yesterday he was in the thick of it again.

CHicago game, everybody sucked not just Sean Smith..lol..

I agree give the guy another year, lets see what he has, these guys are still developing. I dont want to give up on Nolan Carroll either, becasue he has gotten burned more then I would like him to. Or Smith because at this point in his career he has butter hands.Now Reshad Jones, I think is a playmaker, when he is on the field, you notice him, yet he is not ready to e an everydown player yet either. Carroll and Reshad Jones both played awesome yesterday as Gunners. I know it sucks, but we have alot of young guys on defense that have unbelievable talent, but are going to frustrate us all at different points with growing pains.

Date: December 13, 2010 10:42AM

Im sure thigpen stunk even more than sean smith on the chicago game.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 13, 2010 11:26AM

I really don't know why we would disagree with title of this post.

It is true - Great win and it would have been a rout if the offense had shown up in the slightes way.

1. We should note that the Jets have a decent defense.
2. We should also note that the Pats made them look like the girl scouts when they put a good offensive team on theifled.
3. We have work to do, offensively and denying it is just naive.

Hope they get it together soon, and Henne has a good week, we need to build some offensive momentum coming into the end of the year.

Buffaloe seems like a good place to start!

Date: December 13, 2010 11:36AM

Phinjim Wrote:
> I really don't know why we would disagree with
> title of this post.

I think the only disagreement on the title was, that Sean Smith sucked as usual...

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: December 13, 2010 11:49AM

Smith sucks at catching, but played a very solid game, he made more plays than he gave up.

If you dissagree you need help beyond what we offer here at this site.

Henne has been sucking hard lately so no surprise.

Kudo's Marshall for your second TD this year, a little late, but hey it helped.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.