HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ryan Should be Held Responsible!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ryan Should be Held Responsible!
Posted by: miamid45 ()
Date: December 12, 2010 05:14PM

A simple fine for the cheapest and lowest act in sports is not enough.

Ryan should be suspended and the other idiot should be banned from the NFL.

This is not a lapse of judgement, this is a result of a better than everyone else attitude that that elastic banded behemoth festers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ryan Should be Held Responsible!
Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: December 12, 2010 05:15PM

Posted by: miamid45 ()
Date: December 12, 2010 05:23PM

What Ryan fails to understand is: Winning begins with respecting your opponents and trying to better their efforts....not showing opponents up or cheating to get ahead.

My biggest wish for this season: Is anyone but the Jets...can't stand what they represent, even more so after todays events.

This win is sweet... Wake was a beast, if he continues, he just might win defensive player of the year!

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 12, 2010 06:51PM

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 12, 2010 06:54PM

you have to be kidding me, suspend a coach for what his staff does??? REALLY!!!

Date: December 12, 2010 06:59PM

Date: December 12, 2010 07:20PM

Date: December 12, 2010 07:22PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 12, 2010 07:24PM

that's just dumb. you can't blame ryan for what that d-bag did. he didn't tell him to do it, hell he didn't even know about it till later.

Date: December 12, 2010 07:57PM

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: December 12, 2010 08:03PM

I can't stand the arrogance of cryin Ryan either but to suspend him for the actions that somebody else did? sorry that makes absolutely zero sense.

Now if Ryan sees the tape and then brushes it off like it's nothing and even has a laugh about it than I can see where you are coming from, but punishing somebody else for someone else's actions ain't right.

Date: December 13, 2010 05:59AM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 13, 2010 06:16AM

I personally think Ryan should NOT be suspended....because I think he should be forced to remain on the sidelines and witness in person his team continuing to self-destruct for the remainder of the season.

Fined, sure. Forfeited draft picks, even better. But not suspended. If he's suspended he'll have an excuse for his team sucking eggs for the rest of the season.

Date: December 13, 2010 06:20AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 13, 2010 06:31AM

they should be required to give us their first round pick.
plus I think the governer should get involved---they tripped the lt governer's son!!

Posted by: Thirteen ()
Date: December 13, 2010 06:34AM

Nothing is going to happen. If I had a mortgage, I'd bet it on this.

The apology was better than I thought it would be. I was expecting something along the lines of "I was defending myself" or "I was just turning away".

The Jests won't do anything on their own, because that's the kind of organization they are. The NFL will "look into it" and determine that, since the incident happened out of bounds and not on the field, it didn't really affect anything, and they'll let it go. Probably not even a token fine.

Which will open up a whole can of worms the next time somebody on the sidelines (probably the Jests) decides to clobber an opposing team member out of bounds.

Posted by: richeg33 ()
Date: December 13, 2010 06:55AM

This does show what an organization this is though. I don't believe Ryan should receive anything himself but Alosi and the organization do need some type of fine.

However, this does show the class of the team and the atmosphere that Ryan has created. I didn't think I would see this type of behavior in an NFL team, but there it is.

The team reflects the coach. I'm sure most would agree you will never see this in a Belichick team.

Alosi probably thought he would get a laugh out of this later. Not too funny now though is it.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: December 13, 2010 07:08AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
>
>
> He didn't even know about it until the game was
> over and he was asked. Heck....our players
> didn't even know about it until reporters showed
> them the pictures.

You actually believe that he had no idea until after the game was over??? That Bulls@#$ of the highest order!

Of course he knew about it. He just didn't want to talk about it to reporters after the game. What a joke this guy is!

I don't believe he should be punished for what happened but to say he ZERO responsibility for what one of HIS coaches did, is just wrong.

Date: December 13, 2010 07:12AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 13, 2010 07:14AM

I agree with this thread. Ryan should pay for this...

Man you cant even move a finger while inside the stadium without getting caught. I wonder how many cameras are in the whole building?

That retread probably though he was going to get away with it without anybody noticing. How stupid and pathetic is that.smiling smiley

Technology has come a long ways since the 70's. even the 80's.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 13, 2010 07:17AM

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 13, 2010 07:45AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I personally think Ryan should NOT be
> > suspended....because I think he should be
> forced
> > to remain on the sidelines and witness in
> person
> > his team continuing to self-destruct for the
> > remainder of the season.
> >
> > Fined, sure. Forfeited draft picks, even
> better.
> > But not suspended. If he's suspended he'll
> have
> > an excuse for his team sucking eggs for the
> rest
> > of the season.
>
> I like the "forfeit draft pick(s)" idea JC.
>
> League should suspend the guy for at least the
> rest of the season, maybe a year. And take away
> the Jets 2nd round pick this year for lack of
> institutional control.
>
> Thenthe Jets should terminate the guys contract.

I was not able to watch the game but did see this on the highlights.
I could hardly believe my eyes. A coach for crying out loud deliberately tripping a player?
He should be fined and suspended. The Jets should be fined just as they would be for cheating as this is a form of cheating. Ryan should be fined just as he would be for cheating. The Jets should fire the guy outright.
Forget whether this act effected the play or the game. It could have ended a players career or cause sever injury. Just and unbelievable thing.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 13, 2010 08:25AM

He definately should be held responisble. He is the boss of this employee.

If my commanding officer observes me doing something wrong, he only tells me that I am doing it wrong, but then he obliterates my supervisor for my doing something wrong.

Things roll down hill.

Yes, Ryan should be held responisble. I do believe that coach should get the brunt of the discipline, but Ryan should get some as well.

And I agree, a draft pick taken away would prevent this from happening ever again.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: December 13, 2010 08:39AM

if the league wants to say they should forfeit the first game to us based on this incident im fine with that ...but really?..you guys somehow want to dunp this on ryan?? thatas just plain silly...cmon man!!

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 13, 2010 08:54AM

angryseas2000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> if the league wants to say they should forfeit the
> first game to us based on this incident im fine
> with that ...but really?..you guys somehow want to
> dunp this on ryan?? thatas just plain silly...cmon
> man!!

When the Patsies were caught cheating the league fined the team and the head coach.
When a Broncos employee filmed a walk through practice the team and the then head coach were fined.
This is certainly a form of cheating. The team and the head coach should be fined and the responsible coach should be fired.

This is not like a DUI, or something a player does away from the field or facility. This happened during a game and was deliberate. No comparison.

Date: December 13, 2010 09:15AM

yeah i dont see it being like the filming incidents.Those are organized thought out acts, this seemed to be an impulsive very poor decision by one man who probably just screwed himself and his family royaly.Now if one of the coaches in that line leaked that rex gave some sort of standing order(dont remotely think that is possible but then again even this incident is pretty unbelievable) then you have a point. But short of that i find it hard to drag the whoel organazation down for one stupid move by an individual...unless of coarse you just want to use it as an excuse to rank on the jets which is fine in my book.

Date: December 13, 2010 12:13PM

Date: December 13, 2010 12:23PM

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: December 13, 2010 12:59PM

Karlos Dansby's reaction:

Dolphins linebacker Karlos Dansby pulled no punches when he was told about the trip and shown a photo of it on a cell phone. "He kneed him? Are you serious? He's just taking after the head coach, man. It all trickles downhill," Dansby said. "That's how I look at it, it trickles downhill. The head coach, he opened a can of worms over there and now he's got to fix it."

Date: December 13, 2010 01:05PM

actually am going to back off my saying has nothing to do with ryan...just saw a replay of it on a sports show qith a wider angle and those guys were def lined up where they were with a purpose in my mind now..you can even see the second guy lean towards the playing field a bit..i think a higher level coach set that up somewhat ..not saying to knee a player just to stand their ground and make it harder for the gunner if he gets pushed out..Alosi problably just took it a bit to far and is being left hanging in the breeze imo

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.