HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          55 yards???
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: 55 yards???
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 13, 2010 11:40AM

KB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > How much do people want to bet that had Henne
> > thrown for 300 yards and we had lost 17-13, the
> > "Henne sucks" people would be posting the same
> > thing?
>
> And if we'd lost 13-10 the Henne Groupies would be
> blaming the OL, the running game, the OC,the
> weather, the coach who tripped Carroll, the hotdog
> vendor, etc, etc. Oh wait, they already are.

RESPONSE: So then you admit that had Henne threw for 300 yards and we had lost, you still would be blaming him.

Oh, I got the shot you took at us but I also noticed that you took the time to take the shot but, at the same time, ducked the question.

Is that an admission?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 13, 2010 11:41AM

We don't love him, WannyBlows, we just think its too early to write the final line on his story.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: December 13, 2010 11:47AM

Well he has had ample oppertunities to win a couple of games, and he fell flat on his face.

When a QB does that a couple times in a season, I kinda don't want to see him play anymore.

Think JASON ALLEN, sure he had a couple nice games, but man he was what is that word... OH YEAH INCONSISTANT!!!

Date: December 13, 2010 11:58AM

Posted by: Wannyblows34 ()
Date: December 13, 2010 12:05PM

We don't love him, WannyBlows, we just think its too early to write the final line on his story.

Are you kidding me dude??

Oh really? It's too early? So then when is the right time? This guy has been in this system 3 years and he's regressing not progressing. Are we supposed to let another draft slip away without drafting a real QB because we're still waiting on Henne? Are we supposed to cross our fingers and hope and keep hoping for this guy and put the rest of the team on hold just waiting on a miracle to happen?

Like I said, you don't have to get rid of him. But bring in some real competition for this guy and maybe that will stick a firecracker up his butt! He has no competition here maybe that's why he looks so damn blah all the time, Sparano should lend him his pomp pomps maybe that will help.

Date: December 13, 2010 12:11PM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 13, 2010 12:14PM

Well played ChyrenB. I'm sure you've got everyone rallying around you now...

Go get 'em!

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: December 13, 2010 12:14PM

my post about the weather as i said wasnt to defenfd henne..im onboard with the he is not the answer crowd..was more concerned about the amount of drops it sounded like we had and if it spoke to issues towards the offense as a whole had and perhaps coaching as far as lack of discipline and focus which im sure we do compared to the elite teams just hoping it was more wx related as opposed to team focus cuz it sounded pretty ugly

Date: December 13, 2010 12:50PM

Consistancy. hehe

Posted by: Wannyblows34 ()
Date: December 13, 2010 12:52PM

Why are we comparing Henne to other QBs? There is no guarantee that a QB after three years finally either gets it or doesn't get it. What is he doing now that he deserves another shot at it?

He's had more than enough opportunities and like I said I'm not saying to fire the guy, but is it time to look for another option oh yes it's time!

Date: December 13, 2010 12:54PM

I know sweetness when I see it. He is not milk chocolate, he is special dark. LOL man I'm shell'em out tonight boy's!

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: December 13, 2010 01:35PM

Date: December 13, 2010 01:59PM

Stop it. Henne is not the problem. Everyone around him is the problem. We're capital L you see kay why LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY to have a young ah maze zing QB on the RISE like him. Stop it now. You'll alter his Chi and rearrange his atomic structure!

With Harline gone he'll be way better. Just watch.

Stank out.

Date: December 13, 2010 02:12PM

No, I legitimately want to know.

To the people still defending Henne even after I've long given up on doing so, what's the tipping point?

How poorly does he have to play for you to agree that he's just flat out awful out there?

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 13, 2010 02:44PM

I hink everybody realizes Henne is not showing much of anything.

But, our point is, who else is there at the moment?

Please, dont say THigpen.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2010 06:33PM by Aqua&Orange.

Posted by: AFCbeast ()
Date: December 13, 2010 05:32PM

Lord: Sporano !
Coach: Yes my Lord...
Lord: I want you to start Thigpen...
Coach: Will do my Lord.
Fans: But what if it starts raining for 40 days and 40 nights?
Lord: Wet fields favor the offense.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: December 13, 2010 06:51PM

Date: December 13, 2010 07:48PM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, I legitimately want to know.
>
> To the people still defending Henne even after
> I've long given up on doing so, what's the tipping
> point?
>
> How poorly does he have to play for you to agree
> that he's just flat out awful out there?

RESPONSE: The reason you have given up is primarily because of your inability to separate the faults of other components of this team with Henne's faults.

Were this a perfect team with no defects, then you would have no opposition to your bench Henne cry.

Funny, R/Jay, I never took you for one of those people who have such an amateur view of football that no matter how generally poor the team is, they blame the QB.

When I was in the elementary school, if you asked me what team would win a game, I'd ask you who were the quarterbacks and then make my choice.

I've progressed since then.

If you don't like this response then specifically tell me how every other element of this team is functioning to the point that you can assign our poor performance to Henne.

And if you cannot, then show me why you think that given a cure to those other problems with our team, he still would not be an acceptable quarterback.

But one thing is indisputable and that is with no more than a great punter and the help of a good defense, he was able to ......well, let me say NOT LOSE the game against a 9-2 team.

Funny, how you think he sucks so bad and with no great running game, with the Wildcat not doing squat, with the receivers dropping some passes, and with our defenders dropping interceptions, he still won.

You'd think if he sucked so bad, he would have lost.

And don't give me that the defense won the game. The defense did not score a single point. True, they held down the Jets but neither the defense nor the punter scored any points.

Henne did do what Sanchez failed to do, however. When Sanchez was being pressured he threw the ball away when a scramble would have put the Jets in field goal range.

Earlier given that same choice, Henne scrambled and put Carpenter in field goal range.

Funny how this sucky, non-thinking, no good QB does this.

Oh yeah, I've heard the Henne haters who used to say "It sucks that we have a quarterback who is bad and the Jets have Sanchez who is good" Don't lie, you Henne haters were all saying that before Sanchez got plastered by the Patriots.

But when Henne beat the Jest, all of a sudden "Sanchez sucks and Henne only won because he played a quarterback who sucks more than he."

And let's not forget the title of this post. 55 yards.

Yet none of you answered my 300 yards question. You don't want to answer because you have no answer.

But Matt Schaub put 28 points on the board tonight and then promptly threw a ridiculous interception while standing in his own endzone in overtime. A touchdown pick 6.

So all you, "Henne sucks because we only beat a 9-2 team by three points PLAYING THEM AT THEIR OWN HOME!!!!!!"

YOU GUYS KILL ME!

C'mon Nastyfish. Let me hear it. Henne is ah-MAZING.

Date: December 13, 2010 07:59PM

13 12/05 CLE L 10-13 1 1 16 32 50.0 174 5.4 1 3 1 7 37.8 5 17 3.4 0 -- --
14 12/12 @ NYJ W 10-6 1 1 5 18 27.8 55 3.1 1 0 5 25 58.3 4 7 1.8 0 2 2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2010 08:01PM by (R/J)ay.

Date: December 13, 2010 08:06PM

At least you're willing to make a stand ChyrenB.

I respect that. Even tho I fear you're on the wrong side of the issue. I admire your loyalty to the kid.

Hey. If you're proven right I'll be happy for you. And I won't have any issue if Henne turns into a Franchise QB.

Later.

Date: December 13, 2010 08:08PM

Well, we won one game and lost the other. There are other teammates and a whole "nother" as we used to say team playing on the same field.

Errrrrrrr.......and......................wonder of wonders, your receivers and coaching staff have a lot to do with a QB's performance. Ask Mark Sanchez about Santonio Holmes.

Are do things like that just matter when they happen to QBs other than Henne?

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: December 13, 2010 09:07PM

Date: December 14, 2010 07:13AM

Defending the indefensible becomes obvious after a period of time. So obvious others feel compelled to point it out…

Just consider the possibility, some of us are far more concerned about the TEAM as a whole than the extended trial period of one player. I mean we traded Teddy Bears ass and that was that. You don’t get the job done you be gone. It’s hypocrisy to apply that standard to everyone except one specific pet project. Nope. Fair is fair. We cut our losses around here and move on. Just watch and learn. This regime will NOT go in to next season with an unloaded QB chamber. There will be NEW BLOOD and plenty of it.

Date: December 14, 2010 02:31PM

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.