HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          55 yards???
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: 55 yards???
Posted by: AFCbeast ()
Date: December 12, 2010 07:04PM

Make stuff up? Look at the replay and decide for yourself. I was in this guys camp all season, and would like nothing more than see him succeed, but have just lost faith in his ability to get over the hump.
We get the only TD on a 26 yard drive and the Jets beat themselves with dropped passes. After we get the only TD of the game we go on a roll...punt, fumble, fumble, punt, punt, punt, fumble, punt, punt, punt, punt, and punt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 55 yards??
Posted by: AFCbeast ()
Date: December 12, 2010 07:13PM

Suit me up! I'll match those 12 drives @ QB and give you all the fumbles and three and outs you can stomach, and then dust me off and let me do it again for ya next week for the only reason... the other team stunk worse. confused smiley

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 12, 2010 08:03PM

How did I know that the Henne bashers would be singing "55 yards" over and over.

But if he had thrown for 300 yards and we had lost, all they would be talking about is "We lost. He's not good enough to win. What do the passing yards mean? He's still a loser."

Posted by: wayne ()
Date: December 13, 2010 04:29AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seriously guys, it was raining and windy, on the
> road against a top 10 defense and once we got up
> 10 they went Ultra conservative on the play
> calling and only threw it 18 times.
>
> Yeah he could have played better, but this isn't
> the game to make your case for benching Henne.

&&&&& Unfortunately benching Henne isn't the answer. Thigpen is not a better QB. However, it is fairly obvious to me that they don't trust Henne. The game plan won't change much in the final few games. In games when he has a hot hand they will allow him to throw some otherwise they will er on the side of caution and try and protect him by running the ballm max protecting and using max protection. I can't see anyway they go into next season with Henne as the only viable option. He will have competition.....the only question is from who.&&&

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 13, 2010 04:32AM

AFCbeast Wrote:
> I will be the first to admit when I am wrong.
> Others here were games ahead of my final judgment.
> I must say now I fully embrace your conclusion,
> albeit late....Henne is NOT our future QB !
> Early on I could see the staring down of
> receivers, the too quick to dump it to the outlet,
> and the statuesque pocket presence that will get
> you killed beyond coughing up the ball...but, we
> not only endured all that once again tonight, but
> we topped off that cake with 55 total yards
> passing against a team that was not even getting
> constant pressure on him.
> The Hens gotta go.
> I vote starting Thigpen next week to see who we
> keep as next years backup on this roster.

I will say I am wrong on thigy though as well, he is not that good either

Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 13, 2010 05:08AM

Odenn Wrote:
> Not weighing in on the Henne vs Anti-Henne issue,
> but I will say that when you can't run the ball at
> all, no QB does well. Look at Peyton.

Yea, look at him. The Colts are ranked #1 in passing offense and #5 in overall offense even with the dead last ranked rushing attack. Good QB play is Good QB play regardless of anything else.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 13, 2010 05:32AM

KB Wrote:
> Odenn Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Not weighing in on the Henne vs Anti-Henne
> issue,
> > but I will say that when you can't run the ball
> at
> > all, no QB does well. Look at Peyton.
>
> Yea, look at him. The Colts are ranked #1 in
> passing offense and #5 in overall offense even
> with the dead last ranked rushing attack.

Sounds like Marino's Dolphins. There's no argument that Peyton Manning isn't a great QB, but they have the #1 passing offense BECAUSE they have the worst rushing offense.

Posted by: miamidj1 ()
Date: December 13, 2010 05:37AM

What should we expect from Henne, I say the same old thind except he's regressing! Now the real issue is Sparano, he's ultimately responsible, is he blind to the fact or stubborn to the point it cost the success of the team, Thigphen can't be that bad, if so why did we hire him. Im sure Hene is a good but an below average QB, let's evaluate our talent in the next games, we've seen enough of Hene to make a solid judgement, Tony, Oh Tony "Wake Up"!

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 13, 2010 06:01AM

Quote:

"but they have the #1 passing offense BECAUSE they have the worst rushing offense."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
But, let's ultimately realize what we are talking about here.

Peyton Manning will go down as a top 3 QB in the history of the game, if not #1.

If he was the QB of this Bills, Panthers, Cardinals, or any other horrible team, they would be a really good team.

But, that's what all-time great players are about.

The Michael Jordan's, Wayne Gretsky's, and Peyton Manning's of the sports world do that.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 13, 2010 07:31AM

Aqua are you saying really great players make teams better somehow? That's a reach. Sucky players make teams better because in order to win with sucky players you have to play better. I mean DUH!

It's just like Marino. He was too good for his own good. If he would have sucked a lot more then the team would have elevated their play to offset his suckiness! Ever hear about the rising tide theory?

For your edification it’s very similar to that trickle down economic theory gizmo. And that’s exactly what Mr. Ross is all about dude. It’s all about trickle down and sharing the wealth with stars and big money people.

Date: December 13, 2010 08:20AM

I don't even want to reply to your posts. It's pointless.

---------------------

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: December 13, 2010 08:32AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> Aqua are you saying really great players make
> teams better somehow? That's a reach. Sucky
> players make teams better because in order to win
> with sucky players you have to play better. I mean
> DUH!
>
> It's just like Marino. He was too good for his own
> good. If he would have sucked a lot more then the
> team would have elevated their play to offset his
> suckiness! Ever hear about the rising tide theory?

HUH? Then by your logic, we don't want a really good QB? And you've been bashing Henne all along, therefore we can assume you think he sucks and therefore this team should be good? Right?

Date: December 13, 2010 08:36AM

You guys have a black hole when it comes to satire?

Just kidding.

NOT.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: December 13, 2010 08:39AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> You guys have a black hole when it comes to
> satire?
>
> Just kidding.
>
> NOT.

Sorry but everything you've posted lately seems satirical so I have a hard time differentiating.

Date: December 13, 2010 08:45AM

Actaully, everything he has posted lately, is pretty idiotic.

---------------------

Date: December 13, 2010 08:56AM

It's all in the wrist action Aqua.

Sarcasm = way over the head of many and thus no humor detected. Too bad because all this shit is just about a silly-ass game (tho the money is very serious).

I'll post a few more days because its fun and I enjoy writing in ways others miss do to their inferior comprehension level -- which of course is a mass disease propagated on the internets.

Just kidding. NOT.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 13, 2010 09:08AM

I said after last week that the real shame is that we won't really be able to evaluate Henne in games that really matter - which taints the overall evaluation. I am unhappy with his 55 yards and 28% completion percentage, but I will say that I was wrong - the games still count right now, and we won.

I got the sense that the clear message from the coaching staff to Henne as the game unfolded the way it did was "thank you for the TD pass...now, don't mess up...do not mess up...throw it into the stands before even getting it close to in the Jets' hands"

Henning's playcalling, I thought, was awful in the 2nd half especially. Do not misinterpret what I say next as an indictment of Henne, but I think they might have been better served to just run the WC exclusively about midway through the 4th quarter. If the plan was to hold on to the lead, then they should have shortened the game. This is hard to do when you tell your QB to throw it away (and stop the clock with an incompletion) rather than risk the INT. Frankly, I was shocked at the mix of run vs. pass down the stretch. If not WC, then just run 3 runs and punt. I remember Fouts saying "those 3 plays ran a grand total of 17 seconds off the clock".

I'm not saying this was a good game by Henne. But, I am willing to say that I am proud of him for hitting a couple of critical throws early, throwing a TD and not throwing an INT. He has to get better, but this was not as awful as the yards and comp % would indicate.

Date: December 13, 2010 09:33AM

tsstamper Wrote:
> He has to get better

No he doesn't and a lot of us don't think he will. There is just no linear improvement, we've seen what he has. The best case scenario is he doesn't lose the game for us (like yesterday).

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: December 13, 2010 09:43AM

not making excuses for henne here(have kind of lost any hope for him at this point as well)but just saw soem footage from the game and looked alot more miserable then i thought it was which does explain the sloppy play and drops from both sides a bi tbetter for me

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 13, 2010 10:01AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> It's all in the wrist action Aqua.
>
> Sarcasm = way over the head of many and thus no
> humor detected. Too bad because all this shit is
> just about a silly-ass game (tho the money is very
> serious).
>
> I'll post a few more days because its fun and I
> enjoy writing in ways others miss do to their
> inferior comprehension level -- which of course is
> a mass disease propagated on the internets.
>
> Just kidding. NOT.

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: December 13, 2010 10:03AM

angryseas2000 Wrote:
> not making excuses for henne here(have kind of
> lost any hope for him at this point as well)but
> just saw soem footage from the game and looked
> alot more miserable then i thought it was which
> does explain the sloppy play and drops from both
> sides a bi tbetter for me

You're right. Henne is used to that perfect Michigan weather and low corn syrup diet.

Posted by: Wannyblows34 ()
Date: December 13, 2010 10:21AM

Dude, whichever one of you is still not convinced that HENNE is a piece of S**T you're not blind you seriously have issues or you just have a man crush on him. How many excuses are people going to find for this guy. In the Cleveland game, oh it's not his fault they batted the balls down, now it's the weather. Let's even go back to rest of the games. How many excuses do we have to keep making for this guy, it's not like we traded the franchise for him. He was a 2nd round pick, just like Beck and White, sure he's better than these two but thats not exactly a great accomplishment. Keep Henne on the team, he's a backup QB at best and go draft a real QB in the 1st round. See what happens, because the garbage we have now can't get much worse and he sure as hell isn't getting any better.

This guy is getting worse and worse, game after game. I'm not just talking about his throws? Look at his body language man, he doesn't want to be on the field!! He has no authority in that huddle, he's not a leader. He is so easy to sack, can't move in the pocket, he's a freaking robot. I'm sorry but he sucks ass! I'm happy we beat the JETS, but if these dumbasses don't go out and try to draft a real QB in the 1st round this team is going nowhere for years to me.

Date: December 13, 2010 10:42AM

Ya know Wannyblows34, I’m really starting to think pretty much everyone around here knows what Henne is about. Some just like to piss others off (for deviant fun I’m sure) by acting like they are really defending him and et cetera.

It’s a rather nasty sarcastic ploy, and idiots like me have believed them in the past but no more. There’s no way they can be that stupid. So don’t worry about it anymore because the provocateurs are simply playing on the innocent like you and me.

Can we be Facebook friends?

cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2010 10:43AM by BigNastyFish.

Date: December 13, 2010 11:04AM

Wannyblows34 Wrote:
> ...or you just have a man crush on him...

LOL. I have suspected this as well.smileys with beer

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 13, 2010 11:12AM

Sorry, I didn't mean he has to get better in the sense that he simply must as a matter of natural law or anything.

I meant that he must improve, or he won't be what we need for a starting QB long-term.

The best case scenario, in my opinion, is that he improves dramatically and competes annually for the top 5 QB in the league. My confidence that this will happen has dwindled throughout this season, but it is not zero.

This concept of best/worst/most likely scenario is obviously debatable (as evidenced by the debate itself.

My biggest fear is that we won't find out whether he can develop into best case and that we'll throw the baby out with the bathwater. My 2nd biggest fear regarding him is that we will find out and he can't. I do not think we have yet found out for sure.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 13, 2010 11:19AM

I truly think the offensive for whatever reason sucks.

Henning - 50% of the problem IMHO
Henne - 25% and growing
OL - Getting a lot better, but was bad a few weeks back.

There were many times we had a ton of time and could not do anything with it. That says to me that we have no check down process that is understood and working. That is mostly a combo of Henning and Henne IMHO.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 13, 2010 11:24AM

Phinjim Wrote:
> That is mostly a combo of
> Henning and Henne IMHO.

Perhaps, but those often fix themselves when you change one half of that combo. That's why I've been pushing that we dump Henning NOW, promote Lee, and see what that does. I'd hate to see us just dump Henne (after firing Henning) in the offseason.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 13, 2010 11:26AM

How much do people want to bet that had Henne thrown for 300 yards and we had lost 17-13, the "Henne sucks" people would be posting the same thing?

Date: December 13, 2010 11:35AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> How much do people want to bet that had Henne
> thrown for 300 yards and we had lost 17-13, the
> "Henne sucks" people would be posting the same
> thing?

And if we'd lost 13-10 the Henne Groupies would be blaming the OL, the running game, the OC,the weather, the coach who tripped Carroll, the hotdog vendor, etc, etc. Oh wait, they already are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2010 11:38AM by KB.

Posted by: Wannyblows34 ()
Date: December 13, 2010 11:36AM

I'm not a Henne hater by far, I wish he would be the answer at QB for us, but the same could have been said for Beck, AJ Feely, and the rest of the get along gang that has played behind center for us, the list is too long. With the exception of Penningtons 1 year, you can flush the rest of them down the toilet.

I'm just a straight up Dolfan that's realistic and this guy has done absolutely nothing to make anybody beleive that he is the answer at QB or the very least improving, because he's getting worse. So I'm just wondering what the Henne lovers see that I don't. Please explain what is so great about this guy that some of you love so much??

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.