HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins in New York Early to Watch Broadway Show
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins in New York Early to Watch Broadway Show
Posted by: Hokie Phin ()
Date: December 10, 2010 10:51AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins in New York Early to Watch Broadway Show
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 10, 2010 11:32AM

How about watching that football movie where sandra bullock and that OL football player. Forgot name of movie longest yard or something. No its not a romance movie its a sports movie lol......

Thats better than a broadway show.

Posted by: Wannyblows34 ()
Date: December 10, 2010 11:32AM

This is pathetic! They're 1-5 at home, just finished blowing any playoff hopes to a less talented Browns team and now they go see a play. Isn't that cute! How precious.

Sorry but these players are way too spoiled, this is a damn business. The only thing that matters is winning in this league.

We'll see how many more broadway plays Mr. Ross is going to take these underachieving fools when his stadium is emty.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 10, 2010 11:51AM

what I find most disturbng about this is that it looks like the owner made this decision---uh, this is a disruption of the team's normal schedule right before a road game with one of our biggest rivals. wtf is up with that??

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 10, 2010 12:24PM

Its all about celebrity with this guy

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 10, 2010 01:59PM

Different players are tweeting that they had a great practice, not sure you guys should be so worried. This is like a team going to a movie together when on the road. They are not skipping any practice time

Randy Starks 11:56AM- "Landed safely in Newark....Glad I got some sleep cuz its time to practice once we get settled"

Randy Starks- 5:00 pm- "Good work at practice today"

Posted by: Wannyblows34 ()
Date: December 10, 2010 02:01PM

Celebrity is one thing, but selling tickets is another.
This is not Green Bay where they have nothing better to do with their time than go to a Packers game, when our games start to get blacked out for obvious reasons then we'll see if Mr. Ross changes his approach.

I can't imagine that there is one owner of a professional franchise no matter what sport it is that is happy not selling tickets. With the exception of the Marlins of course LOL

Date: December 10, 2010 03:12PM

So I dont get you guys on this one, and I am certainly not a fan of Ross. But the team flew up a day early got a an extra day of practice in the weather, practice from around 1pm to 5 pm. Then as a team got together at 8pm to see a play about Vince Lombardi, the god of football coaches and the namesake for most sacred trophy in football and every football players ultimate dream and goal.
I dont remotely get this negative spin. The organization did a good thing by going up a day early for extra acclimation, they practiced and now are at an inspiring event together as a team focused on the mental aspects of football...
Instead of doing what they would have been doing in south florida tonight. Whats the deal? Please explain?

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: December 10, 2010 05:35PM

They didn't bother to read the part that it was a play about Vince Lombardi.

Date: December 11, 2010 05:07AM

Futt I didn't realize that professional athletes needed inspiration from a broadway musical to get motivated for a must win divisional game.

Sounds like a junior varsity high school team watching Rudy before they play their rival.

Date: December 11, 2010 05:17AM

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: December 11, 2010 05:49AM

Hokie, I had no idea you were the leading authority on how teams should prepare for their games.

I'm sure you have some insightful advice based on your experience running a football program.

Please do share your infinite words of wisdom with us on the best practice methods for preparing for division rivals.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 11, 2010 05:56AM

Pure football heresy IMO!

I seriously doubt Vince Lombardi would do this. Maybe Tom Landry. But it seems like sharing the enemy’s tent and maybe even wife swapping. I don’t like it. And I think it should be banned from league on moral grounds.

But I hope the guys enjoy themselves.

Date: December 11, 2010 06:21AM

Futt, whenever you post something I think back to the days when you were driving the bandwagon for Cam Cameron and John Beck, and that really puts things into perspective.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 11, 2010 06:35AM

Oh my. Bringing up Cam and Beck is a lethal blow.

Can the Futt ever recover?

Posted by: Luis75 ()
Date: December 11, 2010 08:31AM

You guys are over analyzing here. Sporano has said that his young team bonds very well especially on away games. He is just taking them to a play that will last a couple hours about a historic football figure, not in hopes that they get all rah rah but so they learn where the game began and its roots so they have more respect and appreciation for the game they play. Our team is young and responds very well to Sporano and his coaching style, as hard as that is to swallow for some.

I think that maybe by learning how seriously a man like Lombardi took the game and all the things he gave up for it to grow into what it is today will help them respect it more and not just think its an ATM machine. Like I said, theyre young guys. Stop being overly critical cuz the team went to see a play lasting a couple hours. Maybe when they go for a movie together you can start a thread over that and we can all bitch and moan over nothing. Get over it.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: December 11, 2010 11:13AM

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 11, 2010 12:13PM

Date: December 11, 2010 01:01PM

They are not going to get accustomed to the cold weather by practicing indoors at the Giants facility, which they were scheduled to do.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 11, 2010 01:35PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.