HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Fates, who stays, who goes???
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Fates, who stays, who goes???
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: December 10, 2010 09:48AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fates, who stays, who goes???
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 10, 2010 09:49AM

Need OC and special teams coach.

Those 2 are the most important.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 10, 2010 10:31AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 10, 2010 10:48AM

tsstamper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> P.S.: Word to the wise, coaching staff, don't
> screw around with your O-line so much unless you
> plan on completely changing your scheme in one off
> season. Every move we made in the off season with
> regard to our O-line was voluntary. That fact
> alone is worth extra attention. Maybe lesson
> learned? I hope so. You had a dominant running
> game(5th in the league), you swapped out your
> interior line and now you can't run the ball and
> everyone knows it.
>
> Amen! Voluntary! Unbelievable...
>
> I personally don't think there's ANY excuse for
> jettisoning all 3 in one off-season (and a couple
> right at the last minute) when there is no salary
> cap. I'd have probably kept all 3 instead of
> somehow ending up with McQustian, Murtha and
> whoever else - if only for the continuity, gel-ing
> and talent that's great when healthy. If I felt I
> had to change somehow, I would have at least made
> sure that I was replacing the talent with talent.
> There was absolutely no reason whatsoever to take
> chances on lesser talent in a no salary cap year.

---yup, I think that was their biggest mistake in the offseason, and when I really started questioning whether the FO knows what it is doing

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 10, 2010 11:04AM

Odenn,
I agree with everything but the Talent evaluators, every team, has alot of bust, especially at certain positions. Evaluating WR and QB are next to impossible to predict NFL franchise success. We have had as many hits as any team. BEss, Wake, Vontae Davis, Jake Long, Carpenter,Just in those positions right there are all potential Probowl talent, aquired by our Talent evaluators in 2 years. I will not judge this years players for another year. But to add 5 probowl talent type players to your team in 2 years is pretty sick, dont be to critical of these guys.

Changng ST philosophies, coaches, and find some consistency among the players, instead of a constant rotation of the bottom of the roster, cutting alot of great ST players, replacing them with inexperienced and creating holes in ST.
Also interor of the line,you speak the truth- Amen

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: December 10, 2010 11:10AM

It's my understanding that Dan Henning came out of retirement as a personal favor to Bill Parcells.

Come on, Dan, Bill is gone. You can go back into retirement and enjoy a well-deserved rest. smiling smiley

Posted by: Eric ()
Date: December 10, 2010 11:49AM

Odenn, I think this sums it up nicely. I agree with all of it, especially the part about the owner. With Parcells now gone, I think a lack of wins will quickly lead to Sparanos's departure. He is simply putting too much money into things to accept mediocre season year after year. And that would be a shame since I think Sparano is a good coach with a lot of fire that is simply missing a few pieces. Unfortunately, one of those pieces is big… an OC that can help him mold some of that raw talent into a well oiled machine. (R/J)ay is on the right track, Henning needs to bow out before he cost Tony his job.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: December 10, 2010 12:22PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Odenn,
> I agree with everything but the Talent evaluators,
> every team, has alot of bust, especially at
> certain positions. Evaluating WR and QB are next
> to impossible to predict NFL franchise success. We
> have had as many hits as any team. BEss, Wake,
> Vontae Davis, Jake Long, Carpenter,Just in those
> positions right there are all potential Probowl
> talent, aquired by our Talent evaluators in 2
> years. I will not judge this years players for
> another year. But to add 5 probowl talent type
> players to your team in 2 years is pretty sick,
> dont be to critical of these guys.
>
> Changng ST philosophies, coaches, and find some
> consistency among the players, instead of a
> constant rotation of the bottom of the roster,
> cutting alot of great ST players, replacing them
> with inexperienced and creating holes in ST.
> Also interor of the line,you speak the truth- Amen

I understand completely that the draft is a crap shoot. Unlike some people I don't expect all of our draft picks to turn out. We've had moderate success in our drafts, comparable to other teams in the league. My point isn't that we're failing in that area, just that with Parcells gone, and the changes that I'm sure are coming at the end of the season, we should be looking for the next, better, talent evaluators. Get better, don't stay still and become stagnant. As for our F.A. acquisitions, the Cam Wake find alone gets the FO a nod. Especially since it lead to helping us rid ourselves of popcorn muscles.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 10, 2010 07:00PM

drafts picks are hit and miss, but when you miss so badly on 2d, 3d, and 4th rounds picks every year, and so quickly, that's different. that's just bad drafting.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 11, 2010 04:33AM

We havent missed on Langford, Hartline, Sean Smith, Misi, Jerry (starter), Merling, Henne, and Edds was going to be a factor before the injury.

But since the Trifecta took over, the bad picks have been:
Shawn Murphy, Pat White, and Patrick Turner.

Now those three picks are bad, but when you notice who was picked just within a couple picks after these 3, it makes it really bad.

Murphy-Dwight Lowery was picked 3 picks later,.
White-Max Unger was picked 5 picks later.
Turner-Johnny Knox was picked after him.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: December 11, 2010 05:04AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 11, 2010 05:17AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> But at this rate by next draft they should have
> added between eight to ten probowl caliber players
> to our team

My beef with the organization is dumping players like Matt Roth, Jason Allen, Charlie Anderson, Donald Thomas; putting Will Allen on IR; trading Tedd Ginn, etc... I know I missed others who are now playing for other teams and would have helped us with depth (Anderson, Thomas, Allen) and/or special teams (Allen), or could be starting for us right now (Matt Roth)!

But, when it comes to adding Pro-Bowl talent, I count 10 that have already been added to this team (although some are not having their best year this year, and at least one is likely done for his career).

Jake Long
Vontae Davis
Brandon Marshall
Karlos Dansby
Randy Starks
Chad Pennington
Cameron Wake
Al Harris
Dan Carpenter
Davone Bess

Date: December 11, 2010 05:40AM

Montequi,
I agree with your questioning of the dumping of certain players. But we are not priviledge to all the information on these guys either. For example, Matt Roth and agent Rosenhaus were playing games, and the guy was having weird injury problems and he wanted a big contract from us. His consistency didnt dictate what he was looking for $ wise from us. If he wanted to take Channing Crowder dollars, he would still be on the team and at the point he left us, he was only worth that type of money.
Ginn- I dont get either, other then what must have been going on behind close doors
Jason Allen- I think it had to do with his contract expiring, and the 2 side not being close to a deal to resign at all
Will Alllen- I dont get either, other then he must have been still slow from the injury
Donald THomas- I dont get it either, unless something might have happened behind closed doors.
I also agree that Ginn,Thomas, Anderson, Allen, helped out on ST from blocking to returning to tackling. and obviously our ST has sucked and fallen off big time since last year. With those guys on the field, the ST won us games last year, THis year without them, the ST has lost us games this year.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 11, 2010 05:43AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> We havent missed on Langford, Hartline, Sean
> Smith, Misi, Jerry (starter), Merling, Henne, and
> Edds was going to be a factor before the injury.
>
>
> But since the Trifecta took over, the bad picks
> have been:
> Shawn Murphy, Pat White, and Patrick Turner.
>
> Now those three picks are bad, but when you notice
> who was picked just within a couple picks after
> these 3, it makes it really bad.
>
> Murphy-Dwight Lowery was picked 3 picks later,.
> White-Max Unger was picked 5 picks later.
> Turner-Johnny Knox was picked after him.

That's a really good post up yonder IMO.

man you gring up some names I was really amped we could get.

Unger, you bet. Johnny Knox...

I agree that Eb guy looks like a really fluid athlete and he's got a serious snout for the ball. Way too many injuries yet again on this team... I still think the loss of Sheets really hurt this offense and ST's as well. As much as Henne looks for check-downs Sheets would have been (???) a serious threat. We also need speed in general...

For the sake of peace I won't touch on this regimes biggest draft blunder because we all know what it is.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: December 11, 2010 07:36AM

I actually think our front office has drafted really well. If you throw out Pat White (which IMO was worth a shot), who is the bust?

Sure, Henne has played like crap down the stretch here, but so has 1st round franchise QB Mark Sanchez.

I will be very upset if Jeff Ireland gets canned simply because Henne is taking too long to develop (or just doesn't have what it takes, or is being held back by Dan Henning, etc.).

Date: December 11, 2010 09:49AM

We could be worse off than Ireland, but great GM’s get the big ones right, and Ireland had the chance to draft a true Franchise QB and passed on Ryan. Now for whatever reason he felt he could get a QB later. OK. And they did. But subsequently he has completely ignored the position – as if he was 100% confident the solution was on the roster (starter and back-up).

Pat White is a joke in this equation because that’s all he was.

Pennington fell in our lap year 1. That “gift” has ZERO to do with Ireland’s plan or lack thereof. Beyond that, Pennington was let got because he was simply too damaged physically to be depended on. We got lucky and had one year with him. But obviously his career was over the beginning of LAST season.

So after 3 years Ireland has passed on ALL the QB talent coming out of college except Henne. IMO that shows incompetence because he effectively bet the future of the franchise on one dude who wasn’t even that great in college.

Of course we trade a 5th for Thigpen, and he’s a nice looking athlete, but… Is he really worthy of serious consideration? No evidence as of yet IMO.

Now how about all these BIG DUDES that we take with a history of major surgery in college? Both Jake and Odrick have had reoccurrences (of the same injury/surgery they had in college) and their long-term viability is a matter of speculation. Maybe we get lucky and they stay healthy. Or maybe the odds bite us in the ass and… See what I mean?

The crap they talk and what they actually do are not exactly in perfect phase.

The corporate plan is BIG DUDES who love football. Wow. I’m thinking no one else has ever thought of anything like that. Talk about original thinking. These are the type of McFootball minds that would have passed on Zack Thomas a 1000 times out of a 1000. No Dupers. No Claytons. Just a bunch a big-ass slow turds running around with a big smile on their face.

These guys totally take the “art” completely out of football and reduce it to a formula IMO. No matter what, it seems really boring to me – exactly the way this team plays. BORING as hell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2010 09:51AM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 11, 2010 10:26AM

I would not change a word in your post, Odenn.

Date: December 11, 2010 11:09AM

Date: December 11, 2010 11:58AM

Don't get all defensive and sensitive – show me where I wrote I “hate Henne.” He seems like a nice kid and fairly decent human being. Really. This is not so serious and it’s not good for your blood pressure to get defensive and sensitive anyhow.

I’ll also have you note what the thread IS ABOUT dear sir and my post was in accord with that – specifically WHO STAYS and WHO GOES. Do you see that?

Now if you question the lucidity of my comments or the veracity of my case – go right ahead and present yours. By differences of perspective and/or general opinion go hand in hand with creative process. I submit this regime is WAY TO OVERSOLD on their canned-ass formula approach to football.

Maybe you don’t care they’ll NEVER draft a Zack Thomas type dude or a Duper simply because they love “BIG,” but after 3 years of their regime I have a different opinion.

Is that OK with you?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.