HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The #1 Reason Our Offense Struggles
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The #1 Reason Our Offense Struggles
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 09, 2010 09:40AM

Do you think our OL is that bad? Henne has had adaquate (and sometimes very good) pass pro my friend. It's not like he's dealing with a jail-break when he drops back.

I love OL play and I think we need a stud C first and foremost, and I 100% agree you need an OL to be a legit team. But our OL is not horrible by any means -- tho I'm sure they're not as dominant as we'd all like. But absolute dominance is almost impossible nowadays because it's a QB driven league.

I'd say this -- if our passing game was a lot better our running game would be better. The game we play with Henne isn't scaring anyone -- especially when he misses receivers wide open 40 yards downfield.

Henne's inconistency negatively IMPACTS the entire offense IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2010 09:41AM by BigNastyFish.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 09, 2010 09:46AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> I'd say this -- if our passing game was a lot
> better our running game would be better.

You can say that viseversa as well fish.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 09, 2010 09:55AM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 09, 2010 02:01PM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you think our OL is that bad? Henne has had
> adaquate (and sometimes very good) pass pro my
> friend. It's not like he's dealing with a
> jail-break when he drops back.
>
> I love OL play and I think we need a stud C first
> and foremost, and I 100% agree you need an OL to
> be a legit team. But our OL is not horrible by any
> means -- tho I'm sure they're not as dominant as
> we'd all like. But absolute dominance is almost
> impossible nowadays because it's a QB driven
> league.
>
> I'd say this -- if our passing game was a lot
> better our running game would be better. The game
> we play with Henne isn't scaring anyone --
> especially when he misses receivers wide open 40
> yards downfield.
>
> Henne's inconistency negatively IMPACTS the entire
> offense IMO.

Yes, I do think the line is that bad, particularly in the interior. Watch the Pats play. Tom Brady gets to stand there with a nice pocket. The interior of the line is the key to the pocket. The interior of our line caves on pass plays, and it results in a lot of pass rushers in the QBs face.

We are a run first team. Our lack of ability to run hampers the passing game because it puts us in more obvious passing situations. Another big factor is a complete lack of speed on the offense. None of our receivers scare anyone deep. Brandon Marshall is a 4.6 guy. Hartline is a 4.55 guy. Bess is a 4.7 guy. No defense is afraid of these guys running away from them. People will say Hartline gets behind the defense. Yes, he has done that. But he is always caught from behind. If he had real speed, that would not happen. The lack of a deep threat allows the safeties to play closer to the line. And that bogs down the run, and it creates traffic jams for Bess and Marshall, since they don't run many routes downfield.

You also have to look at our schemes. We have terrible spacing on offense. We often wind up with receivers in the same area of the field, which draws extra defenders into coverage.

We have a lot of issues on offense. A lot. A different QB is not going to fix that.

Date: December 09, 2010 02:34PM

You're right of course. Henne is Ah MAZE zing.

It's the OL, Wr's, TE's and RB's that collectively suck.

And Henning is nothing but a subversive.

Dude, you should be working for the front office. Your insight is other-worldly. Seriously.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2010 02:35PM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 09, 2010 03:14PM

See what logic gets you, Dolfanmark.

Date: December 10, 2010 05:44AM

Hey listen, my sarcasm only reveals how silly it is to blame everyone else on the offense for the problem. The odds of that are just not believable. The obvious answer is most often the correct one. And it’s far more likely there’s something fundamentally wrong Henne than it being the combined fault of :

Brandon Marshall
Ricky Williams
Jake Long
Vernon Carey
Brian Hartline
Anthony Fasano
Joe Berger
Ritchie Incognito
Devon Bess
Ronnie Brown
Pat McQuistan
John Jerry
and et cetera

That just sounds way too much like some kind of massive conspiracy theory with Henning being the Dolphins area 51.

But then again our home field is technically in the Bermuda Triangle.

smiling smiley

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: December 10, 2010 08:04AM

I might be the most nowledgable guy or smartest, or best educated, or well groomed lad in the bunch, however to call everyone nucklheads that don't know football, because we put alot NOT ALL, or even most but alot of blame on our teams failure on Henne is a joke CyrnB.

I coached a flag football team, which is my first time coaching anything, and the stepping stone to make my way up the chain.

I plan on coaching it again the next two years untill my son is old enough for pop warner, pee-wee, whatever you wana call it at 6, then I hopefully will be ready to assist that team, then eventualy coach pop warner, and work my way to assisstant coach of Freshman here, and so on.

I watch alot of football, and I enjoy it. Just because you don't agree with some of us Dolphin fans about a player on our team come on man.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.