HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Henne's After Game Comments
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Henne's After Game Comments
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 06, 2010 07:26AM

And I'm paraphrasing... something to the effect of, it's not life or death...I'll just go back to the film and see what I did wrong... etc... Now, I know that it's a game... and it's not life or death... but it bothers me that I'm more pissed about the performance than our QB. I have not been a Henne hater... and I've defended him for the most part... but show me that you care about this team. Maybe I'm too used to players like Danny and Zach who clearly cared as much as anybody about winning. I'm not seeing it in Henne with those type of comments.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Henne's After Game Comments
Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: December 06, 2010 07:35AM

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 06, 2010 07:38AM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And I'm paraphrasing... something to the effect
> of, it's not life or death...I'll just go back to
> the film and see what I did wrong... etc... Now, I
> know that it's a game... and it's not life or
> death... but it bothers me that I'm more pissed
> about the performance than our QB. I have not
> been a Henne hater... and I've defended him for
> the most part... but show me that you care about
> this team. Maybe I'm too used to players like
> Danny and Zach who clearly cared as much as
> anybody about winning. I'm not seeing it in Henne
> with those type of comments.

The difference is: He is getting paid and your not. He can be like this as he goes back home in his brand new Porsche 911 to his multi million dollar home. See the difference? Your sulking on the coach drowning your sorrows with a beer, he is home enjoying himself

Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 06, 2010 07:41AM

Average, uninspired comments from an average, uninspired QB. 37 years and still counting...

Posted by: Thirteen ()
Date: December 06, 2010 07:42AM

I don't want to read too much into this. There's something to be said for keeping an even keel and not getting too low after a loss (no matter how God-awful) or too high after a win.

On the other hand, if Henne truly doesn't realize that he is, and has been, playing to keep his job, then he probably ought to lose it.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: December 06, 2010 07:49AM

I have to admit that his comments solidified his attitude in the pocket for me....carefree, leaderless, talentless and unispiring

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 06, 2010 07:51AM

At this point it really doesn’t matter what Henne says IMO, he’s horribly inconsistent and there’s NO WAY he can be trusted with the future of this team. The really bad news is these idiots (Ireland and Co.) bet the entire franchise on him and we have NOTHING as an alternative.

I expect Henne to actually have a few decent games now that it’s meaningless – but don’t lose sight he’s a proven choker and can’t perform when it matters. We need to draft more than one QB this spring and make a commitment to the position as a #1 priority – rather than taking BIG MEN with a history of surgery in college...

for you henne fans.....
Date: December 06, 2010 01:05PM

It's frustrating," Henne said of the loss, which left the Dolphins at 6-6, four games behind the AFC East-leading New York Jets and New England Patriots, who play Monday night in Foxborough, and two games back in the AFC wild-card race. "But it's not life and death."

That is exactly what he said.

Yup a true leader.

"But its not life or death": translation...im still getting paid you suckers.

Re: for you henne fans.....
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 06, 2010 01:17PM

Ya know I'll cut the kid some slack on this one because he's right -- it's NOT life and death -- it's a football GAME.

I'm thinking maybe the kid actually pressures himself TOO MUCH inside and that's why he plays so "tight" and is so inclined to stupid choke mistakes. He has the tools physically (which is what frustrates so many) but he's not quite "right" between the ears.

But then again, very few QB's can make the NFL grade -- and that's why over half the teams in the league have QB "issues."

Oh well...

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 06, 2010 01:19PM

And it's not life or death. What's more important, work or family? It's just a job. Are you suggesting that winning a game in the NFL is life or death? Do you really think he's not mad about losing? Sure he is. But, he's not the kind of guy who is going to rant and rave. And, it's not life or death. It's just a game. It's entertainment.

Date: December 06, 2010 01:31PM

dolfanmark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And it's not life or death. What's more important,
> work or family? It's just a job. Are you
> suggesting that winning a game in the NFL is life
> or death? Do you really think he's not mad about
> losing? Sure he is. But, he's not the kind of guy
> who is going to rant and rave. And, it's not life
> or death. It's just a game. It's entertainment.

smileys with beer

Yup, it is entertainment, just like these forums smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: December 06, 2010 02:17PM

IT"S not life or death but some of us PHINATICS live, breathe, and cherish the PHINS.....from Jan to August life isn't the same and every game they play from September on is a mandatory watch above all else....this is more than entertainment......this is a big part of my life!!!!!!!!!!

40 years a PHINATIC....36 years KISS FANATIC....26 years MILITARY.....21 years MARRIAGE......EQUALS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.