HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          10 Things I Now Know...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
10 Things I Now Know...
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 19, 2010 06:14AM

1. We are multiple players away, on both offense and defense, from being a legitimate contender.

2. Although there is no way to blame last night's debacle solely on Thigpen, he is in no way the long term (or short term for that matter) answer at QB.

3. Chad Henne may not be an elite QB, and may never be one, but he's the best one currently on our roster.

4. If we have a shot at a potential franchise QB in next year's draft, we need to pull the switch on that pick quickly. As far as trades go, I'm not a fan of trading away draft picks, but if Kevin Kolb could be had, it might make sense. No way does Philly let Vick go. Not sure I'd want him any way.

5. Brandon Marshall is damn close to making me wish we had our two number 2 picks back. We might have been better off drafting Dez Bryant in the first and solved two problems (punt returner as well as wr). Hindsight is always 20/20

6. I like Tony Sparano. He's a class act. Last night, however, he looked like he was in completely over his head. We've lost badly before but this was a monumentally inept performance. Both sides of the ball and special teams. Painful to watch. Ugly, ugly game.

7. Vernon Carey is grossly overpaid. Yes, I know he's dinged up but honestly even when healthy he's at best average. An average player being paid like a superstar.

8. Cam Wake plays with a lot of intensity, but cannot pressure the QB consistently without some help. Making matters worse, he also gets consistently held more than any player I've seen in a long time.

9. Ricky and Ronnie look slow and old. Don't get me wrong, they got no help whatsoever from the injury riddled offensive line. But still, they look like shadows of their former selves. Another area of need cause one year older isn't going to make them better.

10. Dan Henning is without a doubt one of the major areas of weakness on this team. He truly needs to retire. If Houston fires Gary Kubiak, I think he might make a good offensive coordinator. Bottom line, Henning has to go. The old expression of not being able to make chicken salad out of chicken sh**, well Henning is adept at making chicken sh** out of chicken salad. Please retire, now!

I had high hopes for the season. I know it's ridiculous to get as frustrated and downright depressed as I get when I see another season go by the wayside-- but such is life. If anyone sees any silver lining to this mess, please enlighten me. Don't worry, I don't expect an answer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 10 Things I Now Know...
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: November 19, 2010 06:18AM

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: November 19, 2010 06:43AM

Yes it was an excellent post. Just one thing to add.
Injuries caused the nightmare as much as anything EXCEPT HENNING. YOU ARE RIGHT THERE. HE NEEDS TO GO NOW.

Here's the thing. Thigpen is not as bad as he played last night. He has proven that he can play. Now I'm not saying he is the answer so don't get excited.

3rd string QB that took reps for only 4 days. 3rd string center and new guard and LT with shoulder injury. OL collapsing all night long and that Dam Henning doesn't even have a planned roll out to get Thigpen some time and get a few receivers open. Christ his timing was not there so lets step up into the pocket and see if he doesn't get sacked. WTF?

Ask me how I really feel and Phinsfan will kick me off the board.hot smiley

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: November 19, 2010 06:50AM

It's not Henning. Thigpen deserves as many starts as Henne to "develop." Which means if he can't get the job done after starting the rest of the year, use him as a backup next year. Last night was aweful, come on, 15 yards rushing? What QB could even function when that is going on?

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 19, 2010 07:47AM

THigpens has had as many starts.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: November 19, 2010 07:50AM

and a WAY worse record in his starts. Granted those starts were with the chiefs who sucked somthing fierce.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 19, 2010 07:59AM

Yup, take up a hobby and come back to this team when they find all the pieces, which at least for me might not be in my lifetime

Posted by: 561_Dolphins ()
Date: November 19, 2010 08:02AM

VERY SOLID POINTS! Best post I've seen in awhile.

I like the idea of Kubiak as well.....

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 19, 2010 08:57AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 19, 2010 09:22AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Welead Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It's not Henning. Thigpen deserves as many
> starts
> > as Henne to "develop." Which means if he can't
> get
> > the job done after starting the rest of the
> year,
> > use him as a backup next year. Last night was
> > aweful, come on, 15 yards rushing? What QB
> could
> > even function when that is going on?
>
> I thought wins and loses fell solely on the QB's
> shoulder?

Some one done exposed welead.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: November 19, 2010 09:50AM

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 19, 2010 10:26AM

Fins72 Wrote:

> 9. Ricky and Ronnie look slow and old. Don't get
> me wrong, they got no help whatsoever from the
> injury riddled offensive line. But still, they
> look like shadows of their former selves. Another
> area of need cause one year older isn't going to
> make them better.
>

Ditto.

Our front office/coaching staff has been inept at finding an answer at QB or WR AND at building a consistent defense or offensive line. They have wasted Ronnies prime and Ricky's final years...sad.

As a side note, dose Ronnie look smaller/lighter to anyone else?

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: November 19, 2010 02:09PM

My opinion on eight things

#1 The Dolphin's defense needs to practice tackling.
#2 The Dolphin's defense needs to stop these rediculus dances/stances after routine plays.
#3 The Dolphin's defensive ineffectiveness on 3rd down has been remarkable.
#4 Mike Nolan has not impressed me this year.
#5 I probably have not impressed Mike Nolan this year.
#6 We still need to build our OL.
#7 We still need to build almost our entire defense.
#8 Running back will not be a big problem next year - and not a big strong point. I think either Ricky or Ronnie will be back and maybe both.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 19, 2010 02:53PM

Fins72 Wrote:
> 1. We are multiple players away, on both offense
> and defense, from being a legitimate contender.
> 8. Cam Wake plays with a lot of intensity, but
> cannot pressure the QB consistently without some
> help. Making matters worse, he also gets
> consistently held more than any player I've seen
> in a long time.

RESPONSE: I said draft a running back high last year. You wrote about the age of Ricky and Ronnie the same that I foresaw last April.

Now, I'm going to say another thing.

Just because you have a pressing need (us Wide Receiver) doesn't mean that you take maybe the second or third best guy at that position in the draft because you are down so low in the drafting order, you can't get the best guy at that position.

You take, in the first round, the best guy at ANY POSITION THAT YOU HAVE A NEED, even when that position is lower or even lowest on your list of priorites.

What you say here about the pass rush is true. If we had someone to compliment Wake, we would be hell on wheels.

I believe that we can draft RYAN KERRIGAN, LINEBACKER FROM PURDUE, with our first round draft choice. He is a BEAST and is a mirror image of Wake in terms of being in the quarterback's collar so often that he makes them want to get a restraining order.

As for as receivers, if he can come back from his injury, KEITH SMITH from Purdue is another Brandon Marshall.

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: November 19, 2010 05:21PM

I don't understand how you can possibly say that Cam Wake doesn't pressure the QB consistently and needs help doing so.

This guy is, unequivocally, one of the bright spots of the Ireland-Parcells era.

Cam Wake is a monster. What game were you watching?

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 19, 2010 05:48PM

Yeah, I agree. if we were 7-2, people would be talking about Wake as a possible D-MVP.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.