HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          jets,patriots etc
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
jets,patriots etc
Posted by: marcsbros ()
Date: November 19, 2010 06:12AM

The reason we will always lag behind these two teams is simple...they are aggresive in free agency while we pick up non-discripts,duff third string ex Cowboys and players who will patch things up.I feel sorry for Dansby and Wake cause they bust a gut on every play while Chowder Crowder couldnt bust his way out of a soggy paper bag and Misi couldnt knock out a good fart.

Wheres the fight,the passion,the grit,the determination with this team?..did it leave at the same time as Shula went...Bring in Gruden..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2010 06:16AM by marcsbros.

Options: ReplyQuote
Our division
Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 18, 2010 06:28PM

Pats own our division along with the jets for a long time. Pats are loaded with draft picks next year. The dolphins are out of it for a long time, no question guys.

Re: Our division
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 18, 2010 06:34PM

Pats are not genius drafters. They're playing the odds by getting lots of picks, but it's not a guarantee of success.

Jets will be a very different team in 2 years, but they HAVE proved that you can build a monster team very quickly with good drafts and FA pickups, as well as good coaching (yes, hate to admit it, but Ryan has done a very good job).

So, I'd use the Jets as a positive example of what CAN happen.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 19, 2010 04:44AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pats own our division along with the jets for a
> long time. Pats are loaded with draft picks next
> year. The dolphins are out of it for a long time,
> no question guys.

Do you feel it's necessary to repeat this over and over again? I seem to recall many posts by you saying the exact same thing.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 19, 2010 04:48AM

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 19, 2010 06:08AM

Sorry, just stating the truth. You know whats great about being a dolphins fan?....That because we dont go to the bowl this year, we have another shot next year, those who go this year will likely not repeat.

Re: jets,patriots etc
Posted by: sconigli ()
Date: November 19, 2010 06:20AM

The Jets have not really had good drafts (Vernon Gholston anybody?). Revis and Sanchez are awesome though.

The Jets are so successful because of free agency and ridiculously lopsided deals. They have a guy in Cleveland who just gives away first round picks and first round level talent for nothing to his buds on his former team. Plus Rex Ryan is somehow allowed to bring half of Baltimore's defense with him to New York. And then throw in how they are able to pick up just about every single high profile FA over the last 2 years (I thought the salary cap was put in place to prevent this). The Jets have become the New York Yankees of the NFL with the tacit approval of the commissioner. It is the way the league wants to restructure itself - around the Jets and a few other high visibility teams.

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: November 19, 2010 07:04AM

Listen when other teams call out our players we should listen. They called out Crowder at the Raven's game, calling him a "stiff" a guy who is only there because we don't have anybody else, and a guy who gets pushed around. I happen to agree. We should have keep Porter. Taylor too, he's starting as a Jet and would have been great opposite Wake. If I were Dansby I would be wondering when other players are going to start making plays. He's the best guy we have on Defense.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: November 19, 2010 07:22AM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: November 19, 2010 07:23AM

Welead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Listen when other teams call out our players we
> should listen. They called out Crowder at the
> Raven's game, calling him a "stiff" a guy who is
> only there because we don't have anybody else, and
> a guy who gets pushed around. I happen to agree.
> We should have keep Porter. Taylor too, he's
> starting as a Jet and would have been great
> opposite Wake. If I were Dansby I would be
> wondering when other players are going to start
> making plays. He's the best guy we have on
> Defense.

Koa Misi is ranked 9th among 3-4 OLB by profootballfocus.com. He has 16 QB pressures, 6 QB hits, and 4 sacks. That's in 381 plays. In 367 plays for the Jets, Jason Taylor has 7 QB pressures, 0 QB hits, and 4 sacks. He ranks 20th. In 677 plays for Arizona, Joey Porter has 13 QB pressures, 8 hits, and 5 sacks. That's in 300 more plays than Misi. And he has a run defense grade of -10.8, far and away the worst in the NFL. He ranks 34th overall. In 2009, in 755 plays, Porter had just 11 QB pressures. He has ranked near or at the bottom of the OLB rankings the last 3 years.

And Dansby is not our best defensive player. It's Cam Wake, by a mile. At profootballfocus.com, Wake, Soliai, Misi, and Langford all rate higher than Dansby. He is a very ordinary run defender. He and Crowder do not make a good pair inside, because neither is a classic run stuffer. The Fins really need to draft a true "Mike" type ILB, so that Dansby can freelance more.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 19, 2010 07:39AM

Like I said Mark, stats are too realistic here.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.