HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Lets all Hope Henne Gets Better Fast...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Lets all Hope Henne Gets Better Fast...
Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: November 18, 2010 10:44PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lets all Hope Henne Gets Better Fast...
Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: November 18, 2010 11:59PM

I agree! I also have a feeling he will be back next week as the coaching staff was just giving him a week off to rest up while on the short week but they were also curious to see what Thigpen could do, now they know.

Henne starts against the Raiders!

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 19, 2010 12:15AM

Nice post Ghotirule. thumbs up

It is very evident that when he is not in the game, we have no shot.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: November 19, 2010 01:44AM

Have you guys watched every game this year?

Ok, now that I see you haven't, I will tell you why you are wrong. Henne is slow, no pocket presence, lacks accuracy, locks on to receivers and is way too slow when he needs to run. Also he has been graced with with a good line and took us no where. Unless you count getting field goals to get your kicker the Special teams player of the week.

Thigpen was operating behind a line that was thrown together as the game was going alone. We only had around 17 rush attempts so there was no running game to help out. If you were actually watching the game, by the time Thigpen was able to take his third step from under center, a linebacker was in his face. Then when he was in the shotgun formation, he was pulling the ball from his feet.

All night long, the Bears rushed four plus a linebacker. That leaves six dropping back to defend and he still was accurate and the only pick he had was the tipped ball at the line of scrimmage.

The only thing he did wrong was being too hyper. In the first two series, he was a bit out of control, but that happens when you are playing with a young QB and someone who is also an emotional player.

I would have loved to see Henne in there cause this would have been a dead issue. Cause Henne would have left in a body bag. Either the defense would have killed him or the team for throwing eight interceptions.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: November 19, 2010 02:24AM

How can you say Thigpen was accurate last night? Far from it. He had a lot of very bad throws. He has completed 54% of passes in his career. Chad Henne has completed 62%.

He was too hyper? He has played in 20 NFL games. He should be beyond that now.

Obviously, the line was a huge issue last night, as even Jake Long was getting beat. But, the line has been an issue all season, so Henne has had to deal with it, too. Going into last night's game, Vernon Carey had allowed 17 QB pressures. Pat McQuistan and John Jerry as the RG combo had allowed 16 QB pressures and 4 QB hits. Richie Incognito had allowed 7 QB pressures, 3 sacks, and 5 QB hits. Vernon Carey has been bad all season, and you simply cannot allow that much pressure from your guard positions. It gives the QB no chance. And Henne has dealt with that all season. It's a big part of the reason why Henne has had as many batted balls as he has, too much pressure in his face. And that will be a bigger issue with Thigpen, as he is only 6'1.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: November 19, 2010 03:12AM

100 percent agree. We need Henne back.

Date: November 19, 2010 04:06AM

Mark, stop being so realistic! People don't want that around here!

---------------------

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: November 19, 2010 04:09AM

I think this game only further proves how far Henne has come along. We needed that guy last night, whether some of the "fans" on here want to admit it or not.

Date: November 19, 2010 04:11AM

Is Henne Dan Marino? NO.

But is Henne a proven winner? YES.

---------------------

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: November 19, 2010 04:22AM

I say it now. Henne will not take us anywhere. He will not be here in two years. Unless we completely revamp the entire line, get a stud running back and get a defense that holds a team to ten points or less. That way we can kick four field goals and win.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 19, 2010 05:23AM

Henne may very well not be here in two years. But during what's left of this year, he has proven to be the most effective QB:

and by "effective" I mean, our team winning games with him at the helm. Even if they score some dreaded Field Goals. Last night's game should have reminded us all that field goals ain't so bad after all, are they?

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: November 19, 2010 06:44AM

I want Henne back in there now. I want to see what he can do with those nifty feet of him behind this banged up O-Line. Especially since I'll be at the game!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.