HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Long needs surgery.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Long needs surgery.
Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: November 17, 2010 04:58AM

Oh I think Long was the best pick by FAR. I was trying to get clarification from BNF because I don't understand where he is coming from, and he is considering it a personal attack when all I'm asking is for him to check his facts before he tries to debate.

Long will be fine. He's not the first guy on an oline to play injured.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: November 17, 2010 05:54AM

What I'm saying is that Jake had shoulder SURGERY in 2005 and missed spring training and games -- and that has to be a consideration for a BIG PHYSICAL LT coming into the Pro's. Like I said, you can get "lucky" and the injury never becomes an issue, or it can bite you eventually.

Jake said in an interview this past training camp he's never been able to lift like he did prior to the injury -- so it obviously had some effect on his physicality.

It doesn't mean he was a "bad" pick, but it certainly puts a much different light on the decision making process of this regime when he gets the same injury a few years into his Pro career.

Point of fact 1: it’s not like we picked him in the mid or latter 20’s, we made him the #1 pick in the entire draft. That means this regime passed on EVERY other possibility and took him as the one guy to build this team with long-term.

Point of fact 2: if this is the same issue Jake had >>> surgery <<< for in college it’s bad news. And no matter how you spin it, the risk we took with his physical soundness has to come into question IMO.

Now couple that with Odrick this year re-injuring (breaking) the same leg he has a rod in from college surgey – and throw in the fact they are both #1 picks under this regime, and you’ve got to wonder IMO.

Is it just “bad luck” or have we been led down the wrong road yet again?

Now keep in mind boys and girls I’m NOT attacking anyone personally. Jake seems like a great kid and he’s a real football player. That’s not the question. The question here is very simple; rolling the dice with #1 picks on BIG DUDES coming out of college with major surgery in their background.

With 2 rolls of the dice and 2 subsequent injuries the odds are 100%.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: November 17, 2010 01:45PM

Why the hell is Long playing?

Just get the damn surgery and be out 2 to 4 weeks, and come back to finish strong, instead risk making it worse, and you don't mess around with shoulders, ESPECIALLY being a Oo-lineman.

This really irratates me risking his careers for 2 to 4 weeks.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 17, 2010 02:40PM

Ahhhh.....He is not risking his career.

I think everybody in the know is smarter enought to make the right decisions. If he was truly at risk, he would be in civilian clothes on Thursday night.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: November 17, 2010 02:55PM

I hope you're right Aqua. But don't discount the fact Jake is a tuff dude and he's willing to play with an INJURY, which is NOT the same as playing "hurt". And this regime needs him playing because if we finish below 500 their heads will roll.

Now just ask yourself, if his CAREER was in your hands, would you play him (with whatever % risk this INJURY presents) or get him the medical procedure he needs?

IMO since the majority of his potential career is in the future I wouldn't risk him in the present.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2010 02:56PM by BigNastyFish.

Date: November 17, 2010 03:01PM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope you're right Aqua. But don't discount the
> fact Jake is a tuff dude and he's willing to play
> with an INJURY, which is NOT the same as playing
> "hurt". And this regime needs him playing because
> if we finish below 500 their heads will roll.
>
> Now just ask yourself, if his CAREER was in your
> hands, would you play him (with whatever % risk
> this INJURY presents) or get him the medical
> procedure he needs?
>
> IMO since the majority of his potential career is
> in the future I wouldn't risk him in the present.

Absolutly in this case I feel that they are risking Long's future for their jobs.

I mean he tore his Labrum. Say's needs surgery, so get the surgery, and come back either in a couple weeks, or when he is ready.

Playing with it torn can make it a reacuring injury, because my belief and just a opinion is that it will only make it weaker, and I just don't know if it will be the same.

Especially going against the bears defense and Peppers.

Not good at all.

Date: November 17, 2010 04:00PM

QUote:

"Absolutly in this case I feel that they are risking Long's future for their jobs"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I have to respectfully disagree with you.

---------------------

Date: November 17, 2010 04:04PM

Well regardless either way he will play so hey I guess we will know next year.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: November 17, 2010 07:39PM

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: November 17, 2010 07:45PM

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: November 18, 2010 10:27AM

well i will disagree with A&O as usual... why do you think we signed V.Carey in the middle of the first, he was drafted to play left tackle and was not ready. Well ready or not big fella your the next man up. You been in the league long enough to move people do and how to find your right man in a blitz pickup. We should absolutely shut long down and move carey.

A LT shoulders are like a qb's arm, or a wr legs. If there is something wrong there playing will only make it worst since he will take about 30-35 snaps so that is 30-35 jolts against his shoulder from a 250+ man coming with lots of muscle and very bad intentions... expecially if he will be matching up with Dr. Pepper

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: November 18, 2010 10:28AM

Furthermore, i am quite sure that he tore his shoulder blocking, how could one think that continuing to do the act that got his shoulder torn wont make it worst?

Date: November 18, 2010 10:30AM

Exactly let him get the surgery and be back in a couple weeks.

This is a bad move in my eye's, and I hope it doesnt but feel this will come back 2 fold to bite us in the booty.

Date: November 18, 2010 10:31AM

You are taking my point out of context.

Listen, my point is, he must not be as seriously injured as you "armchair Dr's" think he is.

If he is seriously injured, then dont play him. But I dont think he is. And if you do, then show me your medical background? Show me his x-ray's, show me all the other information from your check-up on Jake Long.

---------------------

Date: November 18, 2010 10:37AM

Ok you just pointed out that YOU don't think he is seriously injured, from what you just ranted on about then where is your qualifications as a medical expert?

I know sounds stupid doesnt it.

We all know that he tore somthing in his shoulder that all the new's outlets report that it needs surgery to fix.

We as armchair qb's would be in the E.R like sunday when it happend, and we would all already have been had the surgery.

Playing through this injury, is ridiculous.
If I was Sparano I would not risk the future of my best player on the team for what reports say would only take up to 4 weeks to come back from.

Date: November 18, 2010 10:39AM

Quote:

"Ok you just pointed out that YOU don't think he is seriously injured, from what you just ranted on about then where is your qualifications as a medical expert?"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I am only taking that stance because HE IS PLAYING, YOU BAFOON!

You dont know what is ridiculous and what is not. YOU DONT HAVE THE INJURY REPORT AND NEITHER DO I. We do not know the extent. If he was too far injured he would not be playing.

---------------------

Date: November 18, 2010 10:42AM

Your right to a point, we don't know anything that the media hasnt givin us.

He might not be that bad, but he needs a shoulder brace to be able to play.

That alone tells me everything I need to know about how much more inept he will be that his normal self.

No need to call people Bafoon's, because they in essance type what you typed but with a differant persepective.

Date: November 18, 2010 10:44AM

Do you know how many offensive lineman are playing with braces on their knees at this point of the season?

So does that mean they all should sit out? No O-lineman for any team the rest of the season.

---------------------

Date: November 18, 2010 10:50AM

No that means that they are using equipment made to help keep there knees healthy.

The shoulder brace is being worn because he is injured the knee braces are worn alot of times, but not all to prevent the injuries to there knees.

Date: November 18, 2010 11:01AM

The bottom line is,

You and I dont know anything concerning medical issues with NFL players. So, to bash their bzzzalls is unfair.

---------------------

Date: November 18, 2010 11:03AM

Fine I'll agree to that.smileys with beer

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.