Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Henne benched...BEST NEWS IVE HEARD ALL SEASON!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Henne benched...BEST NEWS IVE HEARD ALL SEASON!!
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: November 10, 2010 10:53AM

I don't think anyone is saying Pennington = the Super Bowl.

The point is Henne = can't get the job done, and at least Pennington can throw a soft pass into the endzone for a TD.

We're NOT making this change because of Pennington, we're making it because of Henne. If they felt Thigpen was the answer they'd go there. So what do we really have at QB????

NOT MUCH.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: November 10, 2010 01:14PM

Date: November 10, 2010 01:23PM

Uh, Henne's "devolpment" was stunted in the womb.

Nuff said. We don't play for draft picks -- that's TOTALLY for losers!

And as long as I'm a fan -- we play to win every game. Fock the rest IMO.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 10, 2010 01:27PM

Henne is done in Miami. He will be traded next season is the word I'm getting from my inside source. Thank God!!!! Penny will win a few and lose a few but at least we will make TD's in the red zone

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: November 10, 2010 01:27PM

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: November 10, 2010 04:51PM

True, so Brandon Marshall YEAHHH BABY 20 RECEPTIONS A GAME FOR 60 YARDS AND 2 TD'S LOL...

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 10, 2010 05:20PM

Date: November 10, 2010 05:24PM

Well KEN it might be, but I mean what can you do?

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: November 10, 2010 05:29PM

Hell i've heard that Broncos fans wanted to pull elway throughout the 1986-87 season because he was no good and couldn't win, but they went to the superbowl that year, they lost, but the fact is he took them there, because the coaches believed in him and nurtured his growth, and promoted his development. He was never benched. And got to take time to develop and become great

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 10, 2010 06:27PM

True...Elway stunk in his first few seasons...quite a few quarterbacks have, and then went on to have great and even hall of fame careers.

There is much more to it than the quarterback when it comes to having a winning team.

People that expect a quarterback to be great right out of the box are just fooling themselves.

Fans that expect another Marino in Miami any time soon are just stupid.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: November 10, 2010 09:22PM

"Brett Favre has more INTs than anybody in NFL history and for some reason it is impossible to bench him. "

The guy has played for like 50 years

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: November 10, 2010 09:45PM

Pennington should be our OC , not our QB

Posted by: 561_Dolphins ()
Date: November 11, 2010 10:12AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Henne is done in Miami. He will be traded next
> season is the word I'm getting from my inside
> source. Thank God!!!! Penny will win a few and
> lose a few but at least we will make TD's in the
> red zone

I hope so!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 11, 2010 10:52AM

Date: November 11, 2010 11:39AM

Personally I cannot believe anyone could compare Henne to the likes of Elway, Favre and Bradshaw at this point. That's about as relevant as comparing the local PeeWee QB to the next great college superstar at the UofM.

Right now Henne’s performance on the field has been far more indicative of yet another college QB with a strong arm who can’t make the transition to an NFL program. The odds are far more realistic that’s the reality than Henne being another Elway.

The reach…is just…beyond any rationality…whatsoever!

For now Henne’s “development” is on the bench. And like it or not, the real “story” here is that we do NOT have our future franchise QB on the roster. And that’s the sad truth as things SEEM now. But of course maybe Henne can become the next Marino tonight in his sleep and we’ll all be watching the scoreboard go boozoo the next time he takes a snap. But probably

>>> NOT.

Stop defending the indefensible. The Henne led offense this year has been downright horrible – 2nd worse scoring in the league. He’s now the 24th rated passer. Need I go on? The kid ain’t getten the job done fellas – so what do you want Sparano to do? Give Henne a pacifier and sing him a lullaby?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2010 11:41AM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: November 11, 2010 11:41AM

toko34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pennington should be our OC , not our QB

Now this does make sense.

I do believe that benching Henne, at least for this game, is not a bad idea. I do not believe it will ruin the guy as some may think. Look guys, there have been many QBs that have been benched, then start, then get benched, then get traded, then start doing great. The one in Denver comes to mind.
As said above, many have stunk it up for two or three years, or even longer before they start getting it.

The problem we have is much more than the QB or the talent we have. Game planning, Henning, game management, Special teams, and it seems to go on. Frustrating as hell to watch this lousy offense stink it up when we know we have the talent to score TDs.

I don't know where all this will take us, but I do know that new head coaches will succeed some and fail some. It's called EXPERIENCE.

We need to keep things going for at least another draft and another year. It's just to early to tell.

We are all so spoiled with Dan the Man and coach Shula. They were truly something special.

I know in my case, I'm so tire of the "next years". Christ, when's it going to come together?hot smiley

I'm frustrated, but I've seen so many teams turn it around when the fans are down on everyone. This is the most positive coaching staff we have had in a long time. Let's cheer them on.smileys with beer

Date: November 11, 2010 11:50AM

Even with Shula and Marino this franchise has under-performed for a long, long time. People forget the fan base (in general) was happy to see Shula go and thankful Marino's gimping limping career finally ended.

Remember "the Dan thing."

It's really hard to get back to the top, and it definitely takes some breaks and "luck." No having a great NFL QB is bad luck -- as the Don would say.

People forget Shula landed in a great spot with Miami. Joe Thomas had put together an outstanding core of young talent. And that was followed by Bobby Betherd. Frankly this team has not been run like that for over 30-years. Oh my. That's a long time...

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: November 11, 2010 12:26PM

BigNasty, you are correct. Great GMs are really hard to find. Free agency has also caused problems for many teams. You might remember that Shula had a huge input on the type of talent he wanted.
His biggest problem was his loyalty to that "O" guy. God I hate that guy.hot smiley
I will never understand that.

Date: November 11, 2010 01:20PM

I agree Leon Tom O really hurt. But do you rememeber Chucky Studley??? Some serious blunders there. Shoes was a GREAT COACH but not so great in other ways...

Shula and Bethard and Arns together could of won a bunch more SB's for sure.

Remember, Bethard built the Hogs and Co in Wash, yes?

Date: November 11, 2010 01:21PM

Yo Leon, what do you think of Ireland?

Date: November 11, 2010 04:16PM

I think this benching is the best thing and that this Thread's title is perfect.

I can see in the future Henne comming off the bench with a new determined attitude, and tear it up.

I mean I can see Pennington playing well, and getting this team to wins' for about 2 years or so, then I think Henne will finaly be ready to take it over.

I think this is exactly what the doctored ordered. A blessing in disguise.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 11, 2010 06:58PM

You know, Mia1, and I'm not saying I'm hoping for it. But if it happens I want to get on record as seeing it as a possibility but.......in my five decades of watching pro-football, I have seen it happen that sometimes the QB is getting all kind of criticism from the fans.......I live in LA but I here from NFL shows that Henne was getting criticism. Back to what I have seen happen......So the coaches realize that he is the best QB and that other parts of the team are responsible for not winning.....But to take the pressure off, they bench him and put in the guy everyone is screaming for......then the second guy demonstrates what a step down he is from the starter.....Then the coach pulls out the guy everyone was screaming for and the old starter comes back in and that's the end of the talk about benching the starter.

It could go that way or it could go that Henne never gets another chance and he is traded away.

Posted by: seadevil ()
Date: November 12, 2010 02:48AM

Henne doesn’t challenge defenses. He might be able to do it some day, but how long can the Dolphins wait? They are 4-4.

Pennington’s gotta get it done now.

The FO should have had a QB ready to win the SB in place at the start of the season. That is the error. Of course, finding such a QB is a damn near impossible task to begin with.

Date: November 12, 2010 02:53AM

What if the Dolphins offense gets slightly better? What would that mean?

Date: November 12, 2010 02:55AM

Not like defenses were really worried about Miami going deep anyway. Who're the Dolphins gonna throw to. Henne doesn't throw deep. Miami has no deep threat. Maybe if Hartline improves.

Date: November 12, 2010 02:56AM

No doubt.

Date: November 12, 2010 03:01AM

The OL has to keep people off of him. And hopefully he doesn't have to run for first downs. Yikes.

Date: November 12, 2010 03:05AM

Lol. Do you really believe that? Well, suffice it to say that a “P.R. stunt” would hardly ease any “heat building.”

Date: November 12, 2010 03:06AM

Yes, of course. But, can it get better?

Date: November 12, 2010 03:13AM

Well, Pennington is a gentleman it seems.

And He's worked very hard with Henne, and is STILL working with him. Henne may very well be the Dolphins starting QB someday.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.