HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Pennington is the Starter...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Pennington is the Starter...
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 10, 2010 09:38AM

MiamiDolphins4Life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I still think henne should be the starter, I think
> he still has the tools
> I think with naming pennington our starter the
> coaches wanted to see if its the play calling or
> henne thats the problem
> I think pennington will make our offense just a
> little bit better but as far as throwing deep and
> a more explosive offense no
> Expect more passes to our running backs and fasano
> to get alot more balls
> The thing about this coaching staff you have to
> respect if you are not performing your ass is
> gone..look at jason all this morning,,you have to
> respect that

Yep! Expect a pedestrian 50-yards a game from Marshall instead of over 100, and expect Marshall to be ticked off about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Welead ()
Date: November 10, 2010 09:41AM

Why some fans are bemoaning something we never had in the first place, the long ball, is beyond me. Our problem was the short game, inside the twenty and Henne is useless due to lack of touch and lack of confidence.

Date: November 10, 2010 09:44AM

You nailed it, Our redzone game should be alot better though!

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: November 10, 2010 10:22AM

Kolb benched, Vick benched, Warner benched, Young benched, Orton benched, Pennington Benched. I can keep going if you want?

What I am saying is that this isnt the worst thing ever, alot of players do pretty awsome after a benching or two.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 10, 2010 10:48AM

I'm not going to throw Henne under the bus quite yet although I've complained about him lacking finesse and leadership skills. I draw from my own experiences and offer this as the reason why Pennington is stepping in to lead the team.

1. When a less experienced person runs into difficulty it's often time to bring in a mentor to show that person how things are done. In this case, it is an experienced QB coming in to take charge--and he will.

2. Dolphin management despite what all of us think and say, live and work football to make a living. They are smarter than most of us think. It may be presumptuous to believe they understand the mentoring aspect, but I tend to think they do. Henne isn't losing his job, the "master," in this case will take the ball from him and show him how to use the clock, look over the defense, select a target without giving it away to the D, and creating an improved level of confidence in our players.

3. On a personal note, Pennington will play to win the game, to show what he's made of and that should encourage some unhappy players to work harder, and not slack off.

4. Pennington has been around long enough now to improvise on crap plays called by the OC. If he receives a play, expect him to change it at the line of scrimmage. Watch for this.

5. When the Dolphins get in the red zone, don't expect Pennington to settle for 3 points. He will go against plays called in from the bench that are inconsistent with getting a TD.

Finally, is Chad Pennington the answer? No--but he may be what the doctor ordered for now. If Henne does have talent, which is suspect by me and many others, I'll be happy to admit I was wrong. If Henne can grow from this situation--all the better for the team and fans. The next two games will tell a lot.

Posted by: Dolphacolyte ()
Date: November 10, 2010 11:05AM

Wrong move by the team. Now we get Penny Noodles. Wonderful. Looking forward to the Draft. We got the second coming of Shula in Sparano. Hello QB's need supporting cast. The one that Danny Boy never had. Still remember the pundits saying in 1994 how the game had passed him by. Actually the pundits were 20 years wrong. It was in 1974. Still waiting for the running game. We don't have the 2002 RW and when it comes to the Alabama Tiger what the hell. Said it before Bess is a tall RB and Hartline is a small Tight End. Of course talking about their body shapes. Man here we go again. You might think is early but can't wait for Mr. Bill C. to exit the desk he shares with Danny Boy. If anyone here likes to write Children Stories, feel free to use the main character name above. One condition thou: make sure Penny is a little girl.

Posted by: Hokie Phin ()
Date: November 10, 2010 11:31AM

Thank you coach....

For those who act like we're losing our "vertical" passing attack, Henne ranks 14th in the league in completions of 20 yards or more. That's not much of an attack. To have a vertical passing attack the QB has to be able to throw with some accuracy and deliver the ball with precision and timing.

Nice to at least have a guy at the position now who can be considered a leader.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: November 10, 2010 11:43AM

Dolphacolyte Wrote:
> Said it before Bess is a tall RB and
> Hartline is a small Tight End. Of course talking
> about their body shapes.

You do know Bess is on 5-10 190 and Hartline is 6-2 186, right?

That would put Bess a smallish RB and Hartline would probably be the smallest TE to ever play the game.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 10, 2010 01:53PM

Dolphacolyte Wrote:
> Said it before Bess is a tall RB and
> Hartline is a small Tight End.

Maybe in a Pop Warner league.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.