HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Pennington is the Starter...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Pennington is the Starter...
Posted by: Welead ()
Date: November 10, 2010 08:24AM

Just announced by Sparano. Unless your name is Marino nobody in the NFL is not subject to being pulled for poor performance. This sends a good message to the team and hopefully will make a spark for the anemic Offense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pennington gets the nod
Posted by: SigKash ()
Date: November 10, 2010 08:23AM

Wow, looks like Henning is letting/pushing Henne fall on the sword. I guess if we aren't going to throw the deep ball(haven't really all year) Penny is the better fit. A gamble by the coaching staff midseason, maybe they know their foot is already halfway out the door.

Go Fins!

Re: Pennington gets the nod
Date: November 10, 2010 08:25AM

Penny might not be ready but we already know what to expect from Henne. Four three interception games in the last 14 games. We've lost four of the last six. Great move.

Re: Pennington is the Starter...
Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 10, 2010 08:28AM

Short term solution. We very well may win more games than we had with Henne, but this is a sign that coaching staff has given up on him.

It's also a sign..and this is a big component of this decision Im sure..that Sparano is worried about his own job and needs to go to the short term solution in order to put up a couple Ws and save his own skin.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 10, 2010 08:29AM

This might be the worse long term decision this front office has made, if this doesnt work out I am officially on the "fire em all" bandwagon.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 10, 2010 08:31AM

Very bad move.

I can't really see the vertical attack being an option now with Pennington starting.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: November 10, 2010 08:32AM

Great move, you don't produce? Adios. Henne will be hard pressed to make it as a back up in this league.

Posted by: Luis75 ()
Date: November 10, 2010 08:33AM

This is very dangerous long term. were basically digging hennes grave. I guess this means we need to start looking at QB in the draft. Who out there? Penny only has a year or two in the tank, if that. With the harris signing and this maybe itll spark a fire under the offense's a$$ but im pretty skeptical about the future.

Date: November 10, 2010 08:34AM

We should also pull a QB with our No. 1. What we know is that to win in the NFL you need an elite QB. Nothing else will do and now especially in the AFC East.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 10, 2010 08:35AM

JC nailed it, both moves are a sign of desperation on Sporanos and Irelands part

Date: November 10, 2010 08:35AM

welead, you are an absolute idiot. No other way around it.

You raid this board as a Troll and Jets fan, you take your Jets spoon and stir the Dolphins pot. I am sick and tired of seeing your ignorant posts on here.

You should be banned for violating rule #1. .....civil, *DISCUSSION*.... you are a troll and should be banned for it. All other forums ban people for trolling. You should be.

---------------------

Date: November 10, 2010 08:36AM

A&O: you thought you knew more than me, but you don't. Today's move proves my point. Next time listen to me and maybe you'll learn something.

Date: November 10, 2010 08:38AM

Troll.

---------------------

Date: November 10, 2010 08:40AM

Come on Aquaman, Troll, really? That's all you got? We'll I'm celebrating today because I now know we're going to win on Sunday. Henne had his chance and had no sense of urgency, a sense of entitlement and basically did not produce. Troll? Really?

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 10, 2010 08:45AM

I predict Henne will be traded in the offseason for a 4th or 5th round pick. Considering all the questionable moves we've had so far this year, that would not be a stretch.

Just look at a some of the bonehead moves we've made:

1. Trade Tedd Ginn for next to nothing and leave a huge hole at PR/KR and speed WR.

2. Cut TE's David Martin, Joey Haynos (after his injury, rather than carry him on the PUP list), and Kory Sperry. Then sign 2 rookie castoffs instead!!

3. Cut Charlie Anderson, leaving no legit backup at WOLB.

4. Even though we're thin at ILB (because of Crowder's injury), we cut Micah Johnson (who showed promise in preseason) and signed castoff Bobby Carpenter instead. Now Carpenter is cut and Johnson is still sitting exposed on our practice squad. If Crowder gets hurt again..I predict we'll pick up another castoff and leave Johnson where he is..until someone else picks up Johnson.

5. With Sean Smith having a tough year, we put Will Allen on IR (rather than PUP) knowing he COULD come back THIS YEAR!

6. After ANOTHER rocky game by Sean Smith, we sign an aging oft-injured CB (Al Harris) and dump our starting CB from 2 weeks ago (Jason Allen) who has 3 INTs this year and is, probably, our top special teams player!!

7. Cut the starting Center (Jake Grove) from last year, rather than letting him heal and keeping him for insurance.

8. Cut our young Offensive Guard (Donald Thomas) who has shown a lot of promise, then sign more castoffs from other teams to play his position when our starter (Jerry) gets hurt.

9. Knowing we still have a huge hole at speed WR, we pass on one of the best speed WRs in the history of the NFL who still has a lot of tread on his tires (Randy Moss).

Face it. Ross wants a lean team salary-wise. He's not concerned with winning. He'd rather lose games than lose money. I'm not sure who's pulling the strings now, or if Sparano AND Ireland are completely incompetent. I'd much rather fire Henning than bench Henne.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 10, 2010 08:46AM

Good call, I have been a Henne supporter since he has been drafted and right now I have not seen anything from him that shows he should start ahead of Pennington AND he has had enough chances.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 10, 2010 08:49AM

Well, you've got your wish. We will return to the days of yesteryear. Following with the damn stupidity that is characteristic of them, they did not even go to Thigpen first.

Watch how many interceptions are thrown when they shut down our run.

There'll be sacks and interceptions, sacks and interceptions, sacks and interceptions.

I'm surprised that the ownership is allowing this coaching staff to f_ck up the team before the scales fall off the eyes of the ownership and they realize it was the damn idiotic coaching staff that was screwing us all along.

Now, all you Cam and Wanny detractors. You're in for the real deal now.

Date: November 10, 2010 08:49AM

To make this change right now, the coaches must have seen something in practice, didn't like his decision making, and we need a spark.

Date: November 10, 2010 08:51AM

Cryin; you had your chance, let us have ours. We'll now see if it's Henning's play calling or not. If Penny doesn't perform then we can blame Henning right?

Date: November 10, 2010 08:54AM

And I predict that Henne will be the Next Drew Brees in that he will go somewhere else where receivers are not pansies and will become a star.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 10, 2010 08:54AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And I predict that Henne will be the Next Drew
> Brees in that he will go somewhere else where
> receivers are not pansies and will become a star.

Yep

Posted by: wayne ()
Date: November 10, 2010 08:55AM

I am one who was growing increasing tired of Henne's perceived lack of production. I qualify that comment because I don't know what the game plans were. Having said that this move leads me to believe that Henne wasn't executing the offense as called and may have been playing it too close to the vest. When you play not to make mistakes you tend to make more of them.
I personally believe Henne has all the physical tools to be a good NFL starting QB and that Pennington has all the intangibles to win in this league, Pennington can only take this team so far with his lack of physical skills.... but he can win games. I am anxious to see if Pennington will give Marshall a chance to make plays as he did in preseason ( I can recall a few instances where B.Marsh was doubled and Pennington threw to him anyway and B.Marsh made the play) Henne lacks the gunslinger mentality and hopefully his benching will teach him to go out and play to his strengths and as Marino told him this pass summer to cut it loose.

I think we all have to remember that without Parcels to protect this staff they are on a short lease I beleive and they need to have a winning season and maybe a playoff run to save their collective jobs as well. They may not have the time to develope Henne and not win games in the process. The shadow of Carl Perterson is looming large in South florida

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: November 10, 2010 08:56AM

Horrible move. Deep threat? There is none. You think our running game is in bad shape? Wait till you see what they scheme against us now.

Date: November 10, 2010 08:59AM

Easy money in Vegas this weekend for a Miami win. Watch the entire team come to life with Penny in there. The QB play elevates the play of other players and our players know Penny is a winner. We know Henne had no chemistry with Marshall. We know Ed Reed and Ray Lewis called Henne an "easy read." I think most Dolphin players and fans did not have confidence in Henne.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: November 10, 2010 08:59AM

Bothers me that some of you think him getting beched it all bad. Let me say up fron theat I like henne and think he has mnore thna has been shown. Have not seen the leadership at crunch time that I expected thus far.

Just might be the best thing for both the short term and the long term.

1. If he's got it, then he'll man up and play better when his chance arises again.

2. The FINS need a lift and Henne hasn't performed. Maybe Penny can come in and give a spark and use his experience to get us enough wins to get into the playoffs. maybe not, but we haven't been headed there anyway.

3. Close losses bite!

4. This may be the best move we could have hoped for, and not just short term either. next competition will be for a long term starter, Henne will have to be the guy to win it back. He just may be up for it.

Date: November 10, 2010 09:00AM

Oh, no you don't WeLead. I had respect for you not like that Mia1. You have been saying that its Henne, Henne, Henne, Henne, that's the problem.

Now you are beginning to say that if we lose under Pennington THEN WE'LL BLAME THE PEOPLE YOU HENNE SUPPORTERS WERE SAYING WERE TO BLAME ALL ALONG.

Come on, Don't be a punk like Mia1. Take that back, WeLead. You have spent all this time on the board, even more than Mia1, talking about Henne is the problem. Now you are trying to weasel your way out of all that preaching you did? (Well, Penny would work if it weren't for the coaching, receivers........).

Date: November 10, 2010 09:04AM

He is a troll, Chryren.

Don't play into his games.

---------------------

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: November 10, 2010 09:07AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He is a troll, Chryren.
>
> Don't play into his games.

What he said.

Date: November 10, 2010 09:10AM

Apparently some people on this board don't understand the concept of "irony." Those who supported Henne, you're just plain wrong. Why not let guys like Curt Fennel, Chris Shashaty, Omar Kelly and Welead do the talking for this team? This is the best move for the team right NOW. We were all expected to make the playoffs with Marshall in there and now we're stuck in the muck at 4-4. The QB position is very very important, but the team obviously sees that Henne was the part of the problem. Penny will play smart football, we will run the ball more effectively. I'm not saying we have our QB for the future but what I do know is that we can't get it done in the red zone and big arm doesn't help with that. Penny is ready without a lot of reps, but we can get it done with a run, pass balance.

Date: November 10, 2010 09:31AM

I still think henne should be the starter, I think he still has the tools
I think with naming pennington our starter the coaches wanted to see if its the play calling or henne thats the problem
I think pennington will make our offense just a little bit better but as far as throwing deep and a more explosive offense no
Expect more passes to our running backs and fasano to get alot more balls
The thing about this coaching staff you have to respect if you are not performing your ass is gone..look at jason all this morning,,you have to respect that

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.