HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Is 4-4 surprising to you?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Is 4-4 surprising to you?
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: November 09, 2010 03:45AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is 4-4 surprising to you?
Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: November 09, 2010 03:56AM

I also thought we would get killed by Green Bay, Pittsburgh and ofcourse the Ravens (one guess is correct). Pitt is good, borderline very good and Miami proved they cpould run with the big boys....even if it turned out to be a loss. The stupid coaching decisions, compounded with dropped catches, an average QB, sh*tty tackling and bonehead elementary fundamental mistakes lost us the others.

Just to think if they had a handle on atleast 3 of the 5 repeated mistakes that attributed to the losses, imagine the possibilities.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 09, 2010 05:16AM

The record at this point is not surprising to me, I just predicted that we'd have at least one more of our wins being from a division opponent.

Overall we are where we should be expected to be, IMO.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 09, 2010 05:42AM

My problem (and if I read chatfkup correctly, so is his) is not so much with the record vs. what any of us might have projected at the beginning of the season as it is with how we got here.

We have screwed ourselves or been screwed out of just about every win. If not for being screwed in the PIT game, we would have likely gone into BAL riding a 3-game win streak. The NFL is a streaky, momentum, get lucky with injury league. Who knows - maybe we play a ton better in the BAL game (of which I have only seen the first half so far, so I can't comment fully on it). Heck, against the Jets special teams and a slip by Jason Allen practically handed them 10 points.

I would say that if we had avoided some stupid & untimely mistakes and hadn't been screwed against PIT, we had a chance of rolling into BAL at 6-1 and riding a 3-game win streak.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 09, 2010 06:15AM

If you look at how many errors we've made so far , in special teams, miss tackles on defense, you know what i mean errors overall. Im happy where we are. We still have a legitimate chance of making the playoffs.

If we can correct some mistakes.....(((looks like special teams is corrected more or less....))) we still have a chance of doing some damage.

Look at it this way...The tough part of the schedule is over. We might be able to make a run and finish with a winning record.

To be 10-6, we might have to finish 6-2 the rest of the way...

10-6 is very likely and might get us a wild card berth.

All these are winnable games...We gotta turn it around and start winning
some home games....

tennesee at home
chicago
oakland hardest of the bunch but its possible....
cleveland
buffalo
detroit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2010 06:17AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: November 09, 2010 06:50AM

Let's look at the facts; we have lost the last four out of six. The team is trending downward while our upcoming opponents are trending upwards(Detroit, Tennessee, Oakland, Buffalo).

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 09, 2010 08:14AM

Welead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let's look at the facts; we have lost the last
> four out of six. The team is trending downward
> while our upcoming opponents are trending
> upwards(Detroit, Tennessee, Oakland, Buffalo).

Sounds like April will be a good draft for a QB now doesn't?

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: November 09, 2010 09:54AM

ts - I agree that how we got to 4-4 has been somewhat disappointing. But if you expected 4-4, why did you? Wasn't it because of the level of competition in the first 8 games? We played a lot of very good teams. Yes, some of the losses have been disappointing. For me, the bogus loss to Pittsburgh was the worst. However, in thinking that this team would be 4-4 at this point, I certainly didn't think that the 4 losses would all be blowouts. Anytime you go 4-4 there will always be a couple games that could have gone either way.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 09, 2010 12:04PM

Good question. I did feel 4-4 due to level of competition. However, I probably thought we'd beat either NE or NY at home and lose to either GB or MIN on the road. Maybe lose to both NFC teams and steal a PIT or BAL win. We have lost to the teams that have basically most consistently been ranked in the top 4 of the NFL (if you believe in power rankings) since things started sorting themselves out a bit after the first couple of weeks. The disappointment is not in the record, but in the potential to do better than I thought. Unfortunately, those 4 teams are all in the AFC and 2 are in our division.

I guess I'm anxious to see what can happen over the next several weeks when we play teams that are probably more at our level. In 2005 & 2008, we got crazy streaky in the 2nd half of the season and, in 08 especially, lucky on the injury front.

This year, it feels like if we can just get out of our own way, we have a chance to do something in the 2nd half

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.