HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Nate Ness
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Nate Ness
Posted by: Fleetlord ()
Date: November 04, 2010 04:58AM

Alright Miami !!!

See, the Dolphins didn't let everyone pass them by. They claimed Nate Ness off the waiver wire.

You know Nate Ness....former Dolphin...

Here's why he was on the waiver wire..

"Due to injuries to Seahawks cornerbacks Kelly Jennings and Walter Thurmond, Ness made his NFL regular season debut against the Oakland Raiders on Oct. 31. He struggled in a 33-3 Seattle loss, allowing a 69-yard touchdown to Raiders wideout Darrius Heyward-Bey".

The Seahawks waived Ness on Tuesday in a flurry of roster moves.

So we take the time to pick this dude up off waivers, but let Dandy Randy slip on by??

Honestly, we had no use for Moss, but we definately needed another cornerback who can't cover his shadow...

This regime seems to like to acquire 4th rate cornerbacks (Benny Sapp) and this dude. I think that is the secret to winning games in this league.....SHHHH don't tell anyone....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nate Ness
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 04, 2010 05:14AM

I think Dave Wannstead is whispering into Ireland's ear.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 04, 2010 05:19AM

Next draft will be the greatest draft in the history of the NFL for defensive backs. Just sayin.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: November 04, 2010 05:21AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Next draft will be the greatest draft in the
> history of the NFL for defensive backs. Just
> sayin.

We'll probably pick up a couple RBs and a QB to run the wildcat in the 1st 3 rounds.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 04, 2010 05:58AM

Ness had a couple good plays for us during pre-season. So who knows.

I'd rather have him on our roster than the other guy with a four-letter-last-name-ending-in-two-s'es

Date: November 04, 2010 06:01AM

This is probably a historic moment.

Like the time we...

Traded out and took John Avery instead of Randy Moss.

Took Jamar Fletcher instead of Drew Brees

Passed on Brees AGAIN for Dante Culpepper

Ted Ginn over Patrick Willis

Pat White instead of a bunch of talent in '09

I'm sure I missed some, but you get the point.

NOW, this regime decides that NATE NESS will help our team more than Randy Moss. Think about that. These guys all sat in a room and came up with that. It just blows your mind.

Time will tell, but I'm thinking we will be talking about this for years to come...

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: November 04, 2010 06:05AM

Yep again Miami can't get right lol.... Its ok thats why we love our team we watch average talent play well and compete.

Ireland way to go Nate Ness yeahhhh make a splash in the waiver wire baby whohoooo your a talent evaluating machine!!!

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: November 04, 2010 06:13AM

Every team in the NFL can write a list of the guys they missed on. Every team. Ireland and Sparano are no different. However, it's plain to see the progress this team has made in the past few years. Growing pains? Sure. Some holes to fill? Sure. And they will be filled; but not by a guy who has been booted from 2 teams already this year because of conduct on and off the field that is not conducive to team success.

Date: November 04, 2010 06:19AM

What process, the fact that this team is too afraid to open up its offense? Yeah this team did a 180 in terms of accountability, and ownership of its players, but that can only get you so far you need a deep threat WR every solid team in the league has that, we are the only solid team that lacks that, and thats prob why we cant beat the best teams, lack of that deep threat to open up the rest of our would be awsome offense.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 04, 2010 06:35AM

First of all, Miami was among 31 other teams that didn't file a claim for Moss. Not saying that we shouldn't have, but Miami isn't the only team that decided he wasn't worth the trouble. Randy Moss is a great talent... when he wants to be. The problem is that he doesn't always want to be. He'll either be a great addition to the titans or he'll be the petulant child he's been for most of his career. I guess we'll see which one it is in due time.

Date: November 04, 2010 06:42AM

Fins72 Wrote:
> First of all, Miami was among 31 other teams that
> didn't file a claim for Moss. Not saying that we
> shouldn't have, but Miami isn't the only team that
> decided he wasn't worth the trouble.

31? I wasn't aware that Tennessee had the best record in the league. There were actually 20 teams that had a chance at Moss before Tennessee. Trust me, there were teams behind Tennessee that would have taken Moss (like NYJ or NE). They just didn't get a chance.

Date: November 04, 2010 06:57AM

Actually, the Titans were the only team to put a claim in on him.

Date: November 04, 2010 06:58AM

Date: November 04, 2010 07:11AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 04, 2010 07:12AM

Wait a minute don't the titans have a better record than us???

If they do, that means that if we would had put a claim off waivers he would had been awarded to the phins?

Date: November 04, 2010 07:15AM

I don't know about that. It's common knowledge that we put in a claim on Merriman.

I've now seen several reports saying that only the Titans put a claim in on Moss.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2010 07:28AM by Northeast Fin Fan.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 04, 2010 08:34AM

To those who think that adding Randy Moss is the missing ingredient to winning the Super bowl, I have as many championship rings as Randy Moss.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: November 04, 2010 09:02AM

the NFL may not say who puts a claim on somebody if they dont get him, i dont know, but if that is the way they do it saying no one else put in a claim really isn't divulging much its just saying way to go titans your the only team that wants him

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Date: November 04, 2010 09:21AM

I didn't know we put a claim on Merriman....

That would have been sweet. Ness and Merrriman! That would have made a HUGE difference. HUGE.

Now we only get a BIG difference with NATE NESS riding the pine and getting torched when he hits the field..

This is not a joke.

Posted by: BobT ()
Date: November 04, 2010 10:52AM

WHat is with the hate lately? I mostly just observe here, but really this is too much lately. Ness could be a good pick up, but it's an end of the roster transaction. Miami put in a claim for Merriman, but he got picked off by Buffalo. No one wanted Moss, except Tennessee. That should tell you something right there. The Dolphins are 4-3, not 1-6. I wonder how bad it was here back during 1-15?
The team is making progress, but not quick enough for all of you. The team is very young, so, mistakes happen.
I don't know, this seems way too negative to me. Would you rather have the Bills team here?

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 04, 2010 11:39AM

BobT Wrote:
> I wonder how bad it was here back during
> 1-15?

Well BobT it was bad around here as you might imagine that year, but many folks took on an interesting form of optimism (for lack of a better word). Lots of posters were very happy that we kept losing because they really wanted a high draft position the following year. It was strange, for me...but any distraction from losing so many damn games was a welcome one.

In fact, every year as soon as we lose our first game the "tank the season and think draft" posts come out. It's hilarious....although not much about the 1-15 season was anything to smile about. Except that one play by Camarillo.

> The team is making progress, but not quick enough
> for all of you. The team is very young, so,
> mistakes happen.
> I don't know, this seems way too negative to me.
> Would you rather have the Bills team here?

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 04, 2010 03:39PM

Quote:

"This is probably a historic moment.

Like the time we...

Traded out and took John Avery instead of Randy Moss.

Took Jamar Fletcher instead of Drew Brees

Passed on Brees AGAIN for Dante Culpepper

Ted Ginn over Patrick Willis

Pat White instead of a bunch of talent in '09

I'm sure I missed some, but you get the point.

NOW, this regime decides that NATE NESS will help our team more than Randy Moss. Think about that. These guys all sat in a room and came up with that. It just blows your mind.

Time will tell, but I'm thinking we will be talking about this for years to come..."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

What about Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: November 04, 2010 05:15PM

God there isnt enough beer to put out the flames that this team has been through since 1999.smileys with beersad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.