HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Thoughts from the game.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Thoughts from the game.
Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: October 31, 2010 03:53PM

I was at the game and it was an eye opener to see other things going on that one could not see while watching the small window tuT TV offers.

1. Miami never gives itself a chance on offense when it only sends two receivers out to run routes. I can't tell you how many times I saw only the receiver and Fassano in the route.

2. We do not spread the field out very well. We send one receiver out wide and then level the rest if them near the line. This leaves the safeties in nice and tight along with the linebackers.

3. Henne is counting one, two, throw. When he allowed the play to develope he did good, but when the internal clock goes off too quick and receives aren't even finished running the routes, he throws it early rushing the throw or checks it down too quickly.

4. It was good to see some special play calling on offense. Even though Hartline missed the pass, it was a good call. As many people have posted on here, the offensive play calling is way to boring/predictable. The offense needs to be spread out and get more play makers into routes.

5. Our defensive backs couldn't catch a cold.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thoughts from the game.
Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: October 31, 2010 06:31PM

Yeah, I was pretty shocked at how many times we only sent two guys down the field. It just doesn't make any sense. Even if you have all day to throw, your guys are getting double and triple covered...

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 01, 2010 02:54AM

Generally speaking, play calling is ultra conservative, as you guys point out. When more receivers are in the game, it tends to alter coverage, as it should, thereby opening up more possibilities for bigger plays--even running plays. We don't run sweeps very well, IMO; we don't use play action enough. We become too predictable and boring. We also kill momentum by switching from what is working to something that is not working anymore--the Wildcat. I also believe, and this is only a feeling type sentiment, that Ronnie Brown has lost his toughness. Ricky in comparison, event though older, is far more punishing when he runs. He runs with authority. I truly believe it is time for the Dolphins to look for a replacement for Brown in the next draft.

I also believe our defense needs to practice more in the world of making interceptions. Sean Smith's catch was good to see--his first--and that is a good thing. More emphasis on getting hands up high, swatting at passes and catching errant throws would make life easier for the team as a whole.

All and all, I'm pleased with the win--so that's a good thing. hot smiley

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 01, 2010 03:41AM

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2010 03:41AM by Aqua&Orange.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 01, 2010 03:41AM

Quote:
"I also believe our defense needs to practice more in the world of making interceptions."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
This. In my opinion our lack of hands on the defensive side has cost us games. Great defenses make plays like we have missed *ALL* season.

Every single game this year our guys have been in a position to make a game changing play....ball hits them right in the hands.....and drop.

Some games it has happened *MULTIPLE* times.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: November 01, 2010 04:51AM

While watching Ronnie Brown, it is obvious that he needs to find himself again. There was a play when we were driving and then called a run play to Ronnie on third down. He basically feel down on his own. I was in the endzone he was running to and it was obvious he took the easy way out instead of trying his best. He either needs to step his game up or move on.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 01, 2010 05:12AM

psalm462 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> While watching Ronnie Brown, it is obvious that he
> needs to find himself again. There was a play
> when we were driving and then called a run play to
> Ronnie on third down. He basically feel down on
> his own. I was in the endzone he was running to
> and it was obvious he took the easy way out
> instead of trying his best. He either needs to
> step his game up or move on.

I think he'll be gone after this year, will catch on with another team as a backup, and retire after a year. Ronnie was a great back before the injuries, but they've taken their toll.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.