HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Game Changing Bad calls that change Rules
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Game Changing Bad calls that change Rules
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 24, 2010 05:18PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Game Changing Bad calls that change Rules
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 24, 2010 05:29PM

Amen! I have not been able to check the messageboard since the game ended, and I have had pent-up frustration about this since then. They ABSOLUTELY made a huge, game-deciding mistake. It was blatant and inexcusable other than to admit a mistake. I'm often slow on the nuances of the game, but I IMMEDIATELY screamed at the tv "They have to figure out who recovered the ball!" It is elementary and there is ZERO excuse for not doing their job in full on that play.

To your point, Chyren, it makes no difference that they couldn't tell possession (i.e. who possessed it fully first or whatever) from the replay...that's not how it plays out a thousand times a weekend.

I don't know if I think there's a conspiracy, but this ref crew made a HUGE mistake. They need to apologize and should be disciplined.

No matter what anyone thinks of Henne (just to tie that in), he should NOT have had to try to win this game on the last drive. And prior to that, he had an incredibly good game against the Steelers defense. 67%, TD no INT...that's an incredibly good game...especially when the running game isn't going and he was our only option on offense.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 05:45PM

that already is supposed to be the rule this was a terribly ruled call end of story. We were robbed on this call.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 24, 2010 05:49PM

The reply clearly showed the fumble into the end zone covered by two Dolphin players who were subsequently touched by Steelers – ending the play, and Ike emerging with the football.

There was NO MYSTERY as to what really happened. It was clearly a touchback and Dolphins ball at the 20. All that's left is to speculate is WHY (???) the call went down that way.

We all know Pittsburg is one of the NFL's "chosen teams." Think about the last time the Dolphins got a huge gift like that?

On the other hand, the Pats get that kind of supposed "break" 2 or 3 times a game -- week in and week out. That's all it takes to influence the outcome of most NFL games. A few critical calls, or non-calls like the Pats defensive encroachment not called on the last field goal – calling it on the Chargers OL.

It just stinks like rotten road kill.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 05:52PM by BigNastyFish.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.