HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          This team lacks heart and leadership.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
This team lacks heart and leadership.
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: October 24, 2010 05:16PM

say what you want or call it what you will. The reason we are 3-3 and not 4-2 or 5-1 is because this team does not not dig down and try to win games. How many times do we have a chance to seize momentum with the other team taking full advantange of the situation. You can spend all the money you want however you can't buy or sign what this team lacks heart and leadership. Did you guys watch Big Ben when his team needed to score and did. Then did you guys watch Henne enough said I'm afraid.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This team lacks heart and leadership.
Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 05:18PM

Agreed!!!!

Sad part is while Pennington does not have the arm,,,,he has the heart!!!

That is why is won 11 games for us in 2008

Date: October 25, 2010 03:40AM

I think one of the big reasons we don't care if we win or lose is because this team plays in a tropical paradise with some of the best weather on planet earth. Who needs football when you have south beach I'm just saying.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 04:21AM

Not sure I agree. Let's say hypothetically that the referee gives us the ball at the 20 which would have been the correct call. That would have meant that when the game was on the line, the team forced a turnover on the goal line from the biggest, most physical (just ask any of his underage dates--sorry I couldn't resist) quarterbacks in the game. We'd be heralding them for digging down deep and making a critical play to preserve the game. It would've also meant that we'd be 4-2 and right in the thick of the AFC East race.

In my opinion, the team played well enough to win the game against a team that many are saying is the best in the league. The Fins were physical and slugged away with them toe to toe. What I think we're seeing is a below average secondary (save Vontae Davis) that has played well at times but continues to make costly miscues and an offensive line that does a better job at pass protection than opening up holes for the running game--which doesn't help when you have two aging running backs one of whom just got back from a season ending injury last year. What I saw when Davone Bess scored was a gutsy player that wouldn't go down. Same thing I saw when the defense forced the fumble and RECOVERED IT in the endzone. Upgrade the talent just a little more and I think the heart issue will become moot.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 05:10AM

The problem with this team is they take the conservative route each time. For example 4:2 and you don't go for it?? We were on their 30 yard line. Don't kick a field goal, the defense was tired, you keep them on the field and you drill the ball in for a first down and go for 7 not 3!!

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: October 25, 2010 05:24AM

Go rewatch our goaline stand against the Vikings, then tell me this team has no heart. We're 4-2. I'm not counting yesterday's game as a loss

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 25, 2010 05:54AM

Chambers - I want to be citizen 2 in your 4-2 world. I know that every sane, rational realist will say that we should never have been in the position to need that call to go our way, BUT I will say that the same can be said for Pittsburgh. They needed that play to go their way more than we did. Mistakes are a part of football (and justifiably so for players playing their hearts out...not so for refs with instant replay who abdicate their responsibilities). We CAUSED Pittsburgh to have so many mistakes, just like they caused us and every other opponent to make mistakes. I am proud of the Phins for their effort & intensity yesterday.

PS - if we play this well every week, we will win the overwhelmingly vast majority of the time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2010 05:56AM by tsstamper.

Date: October 25, 2010 06:11AM

you guys are not realistic we are not very good period.

Date: October 25, 2010 06:21AM

Fin - we have beaten the teams we should have beaten. We have lost to the teams that have been ranked among the top 5-6 teams in the league. Absent a blown call, we would be 4-2, having knocked off arguably the best team in the league at the time. We shot ourselves in the foot against NY & NE. I understand that being 'good' includes not doing that to ourselves, but being 'good' doesn't mean you have to beat the refs. NE, NY, PIT are good and they don't have to beat the refs...in fact their status as 'good' may be buoyed by the refs whom we have to beat. The game we played yesterday beats just about any team in the league on any given day...player/coaching mistakes and all.

Date: October 25, 2010 06:27AM

Yes and we still lost why exactly beacause we don't know how to finish off quality teams. You can say whatever or however you want about this being a good team. Our record indicates we are mediocre and mediocrity means 8-8 at best.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 25, 2010 06:32AM

My biggest issue was why is hell did we call for a time out,? We sure could have used it.

Date: October 25, 2010 06:43AM

Date: October 25, 2010 07:01AM

Did we win? No then we did'nt finish very well we lost. Forget the gift the Steelers got Henne got the ball back with 2.30 remaining on the clock. No 1st downs and a deer in the headlights look to him that is why we lost. We did not finish the game. we turned the ball over on downs pittsbugh finished it by kneeling 3 times. Say what you want about Rothlesberger if he was a dolphin we would have killed the Steelers if they had Henne. You guys know that I am right.

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: October 25, 2010 07:14AM

Henne is the problem. What idiot on this board keeps bringing up excuses when Henne had FOUR opportunities to score and came up with a goose egg. He sucked at Michigan and he sucks in Miami.

Date: October 25, 2010 07:26AM

Welead you are correct I am not convinced that if Rothlesberger had gotten the ball after we punt even if we had gotten the turnover that the Steelers don't score. I mean say what you want about Rothlesberger he is a competitor and Henne is a very young deer in very bright headlights.

Date: October 25, 2010 07:30AM

Henne is the problem? How about special teams giving up field position at the most crucial times. I didn't realize that Henne was covering the wide receiver on the 50 yard bomb. Henne must have been blocking for Ricky and Ronnie and just wasn't opening up any holes? Come on guys. He's green and he's made some ill timed throws, but he didn't lose the game yesterday. In fact, he played well enough to win. Have we forgotten the days of John Beck, Cleo Lemon, Joey Harrington, and Duante Culpepper? Those guys lost us games. The only game that arguably Henne may have cost us was the NE game (though I still blame special teams for that cataclysmic meltdown). Henne may or may not be the longterm answer at QB, but to blame him for yesterday is just plain inaccurate.

Date: October 25, 2010 07:33AM

Question. If we had gotten the turnover and then had to punt, and then Pittsburgh scored to win the game, would it be Henne's fault or the defense's?

Date: October 25, 2010 07:41AM

Look, I'm not prone to arguing, but I do not know that you are right and in fact think you are wrong.

The final score is not an indicator of our performance when 3 points are gifted to the opposing team. That cannot be argued. If you are going to argue that we didn't finish, then you need to begin from the position that we have the ball 1st & 10 on our 20 with whatever time (2:30?) left on the clock...1 timeout...PIT 3 timeouts. This is how it should have been.

In the 2nd half up to that point, we had outscored PIT 6-3. Our average drive in 2nd half up to that point was 6.25 plays for 31 yards. Ricky & Ronnie averaged 4.57 yards on 7 carries in the 2nd half up to that point. Henne was 10-13 (76.9%) for 102 yards (7.84 YPA) with no interceptions in the 2nd half up to that point. The Dolphins were effective against them to the point that we had outplayed them, as the score indicates. The Dolphins had proven to be able to play effectively play by play up to that point. Given the trend and momentum, I believe we would have run the clock out or at the very least gotten one first down...caused them to use all their timeouts...and given them a long field with very little time left.

Spare me the "Forget the gift the Steelers got..." I will not forget it because it made the difference in the game. I will not argue from the perspective of the final score being an indicator of finishing, because PIT was spotted 3 free points.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: October 25, 2010 08:44AM

We've lost three games to teams with a combined record of 15-3!!!! All three of those teams have been called the best team in the league at some point or another DURING THIS SEASON. Some of you act like we're the Bills or something.

I agree, we're not the best team in the league. We'll see what happens when we start playing middle and lower tier teams. If we can continue to win the games we're supposed to win. We'll steal another one or two that we're supposed to lose and be fine.

Let the season play out before all the doomsday scenarios.

Date: October 25, 2010 09:00AM

That's the beauty of this leauge we will see who is right and who is wrong.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 10:28AM

The biggest point which NO ONE realizes is why didnt we try to tie the game instead of kicking the extra point when down by two?

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 10:29AM

GBOFinFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We've lost three games to teams with a combined
> record of 15-3!!!! All three of those teams have
> been called the best team in the league at some
> point or another DURING THIS SEASON. Some of you
> act like we're the Bills or something.
>
> I agree, we're not the best team in the league.
> We'll see what happens when we start playing
> middle and lower tier teams. If we can continue to
> win the games we're supposed to win. We'll steal
> another one or two that we're supposed to lose and
> be fine.
>
> Let the season play out before all the doomsday
> scenarios.

OK...doomsday was yesterday, it was do or die, we died. We need to start concentrating on the draft yet again.

Date: October 25, 2010 10:44AM

Dont forget new OC and HC too baby yeahhhhh.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 25, 2010 11:15AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
>
>
> OK...doomsday was yesterday, it was do or die, we
> died. We need to start concentrating on the draft
> yet again.

Ok, you go do that, I'll watch some actual football games instead. Because I'm masochistic like that.

Date: October 25, 2010 01:16PM

Why you gotta break out the big words lol.

Date: October 25, 2010 02:03PM

I would like this team to care more like the fans do is that too much to ask.

Date: October 25, 2010 02:27PM

Your right Shady thats the least these guys can do, and they wana talk about not making money. LOL you should invest into your fans.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 25, 2010 05:14PM

Mia1 Wrote:
> Why you gotta break out the big words lol.

No you took the cake when you called Sparano a "tactionanior"

That's some serious vocabulary man, Merriam-Webster didn't know what that means, and I sure don't either!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 26, 2010 03:35AM

JC Wrote:
> Mia1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why you gotta break out the big words lol.
>
> No you took the cake when you called Sparano a
> "tactionanior"
>
> That's some serious vocabulary man,
> Merriam-Webster didn't know what that means, and I
> sure don't either!

ROTFLOL.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: October 26, 2010 04:23AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
>
> OK...doomsday was yesterday, it was do or die, we
> died. We need to start concentrating on the draft
> yet again.

If you mean pulling against the Dolphins so we can get a better draft position b/c we have 3 losses....well, I'll leave you to your misery.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.