HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Brandon Marshall
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Brandon Marshall
Posted by: Hokie Phin ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:02PM

One thing that really stood out to me today was the lack of throws to Brandon Marshall, specifically in the 4th quarter, where I don't believe he was targeted a single time. Marshall is far and away our best player, and for Henne not to even look his way late in the game was pretty disappointing. It seems like Henne would much rather check it down to a running back to get plowed by a waiting linebacker.

Marshall is 6'4, with freakish athletic ability. Throw the ball up to him and let go make a play, as he did in the first half with Ike Taylor all over him. He has 1 TD through 6 games. You would think that the coaching staff and QB would realize that may be related to the team's red zone struggles.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brandon Marshall
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:14PM

i think that he is looking for marshall, the thing is he is game planned against and they are double teaming him. If he throws into the double team and gets picked 3 times you know how this site would be dawgin him. That throw against ike was a back shoulder throw and it was man coverage. Henni is getting smart enough to not throw into the double which is why bess was able to take advantage since he is not being doubled yet. But if bess keeps playing the way he does it will help marshall to get open more since you now need to key on bess as well.

Another problem is that although most cant tell we are/ want to be a running team. we dont want to throw the ball, we want to run.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:17PM

Brandon won't be with us next year I have a feeling. He isn't being utilized.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:19PM

yeah i knew that before he got here, we are not a passing team although if they would let the reigns go we could put teams away by the half. Instead they want to throttle down when we get to the 40 and just call dive plays...

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:36PM

You were right the first time, Reppa. He was being blanketed.

Devon is doing okay but if you really want the pressure taken off of Marshall, think what you would have if you had a Ted Ginn blazing down the sideline about five yards in front of his coverage?

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: October 24, 2010 03:23PM

Marshall is being double and triple teamed on every play. We need other weapons to be factors to get him in more favorable matchups. As it is, Henne has thrown 3 INT when trying to get the ball to Marshall. That's from trying to force the ball to the guy. The real answer is get a WR opposite him who can stretch the field, more than one TE who can catch a pass, and an effective running game.

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: October 24, 2010 03:33PM

OH yea add to the list a Good QB. What we have now is a child.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: October 24, 2010 04:08PM

Don't know if Ginn would've been the answer but we REALLY need to have someone with speed opposite Brandon and right now...Hartline is the second coming of Greg Camarillo. Good hands, No speed.

Posted by: Dolphacolyte ()
Date: October 24, 2010 06:31PM

Eventually the team has got to get another elite WR. Defensive Coordinators are taking advantage of this. Look at his numbers so far. Not bad but neither are that good. Bess is very good but looks like a tall RB. Hartline has show signs to be a good WR, but has the body of a small Tight End. R. Wallace at this point hard to say what we got there. Can wait for one particular WR to get out free. Still remember what he did to New England on that February of 2008. Wishful thinking is always healthy. Anyone of you knows a website for petition to get him out of the joint. He's working out like crazy. Would sign that thing as many times as I can.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 24, 2010 06:34PM

How many teams have 2 WRs that can BOTH be considered elite? Few teams spend that much at WR. Usually you have one elite guy and 1 or 2 other guys that are very good.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: October 24, 2010 06:45PM

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 07:00PM

i seen a viking play tonight where they had harvin in motion and gave him the ball on a dive up the gut worked for a pretty good touchdown, thats the kind of calling i would like to see with Bess i think he has the skill set for it. Just not a sweep to the outside they always get snuffed out in the backfield

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 07:29PM

You must be joking. I'm certain Marshall will be here next season, but you're right he is being underutilized.

Rick

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 07:43PM

Oh, please. What we need is for the coaches to let Henne air it out in situations like the last drive today. What have we got to lose? We got robbed, so now the game is already lost unless we score! The running game isn't working. The passing game IS, and the pass blocking is superb. So what does the OC do? A run up the middle on first down?!? All we needed was a field goal! Let Henne go downfield!

Rick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.