HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          NFL is now the WWF
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
NFL is now the WWF
Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:20PM

The NFL is now making up the rules as it goes along.

Like pro wrestling, it is clear there is a script. The league has designated some teams - like ours - as jobbers, and a few teams as stars. They will not let us win consistently, we are only fodder for the regular season. The NFL needs to guarantee that either the Squeelers, Patriots, Indy, or a New York team only makes it to the Super Bowl.

It has become a staged business.

I'm sick of it. I'm going to become a Hockey and Baseball fan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL is now the WWF
Posted by: uclkyle ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:24PM

Foolish post. Key words like "they" and "us" is somehow indicating that certain teams are picked to win. Absolutely foolish. There is a reason that the Steelers, Indy, NE, NO, ect consistently win these types of games.....it's because those teams have that "it" factor. While the Dolphins are a good team, they don't have that "it" factor, hence losing these types of game on a consistent basis. No one is conspiraring to make Miami lose, its time to look in the mirror.

Date: October 24, 2010 12:26PM

uclkyle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Foolish post.

Go back to Pittsburg.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:27PM

Yeah, uh, don't come on to a Dolphins board after your team gets a game-winning field goal on a horrible officiating screwup and tell Dolphins fans that they shouldn't complain about the terrible officiating.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:28PM

Hate to say it but uclkyle is right. We do NOT have the IT factor. IF we ever get it we'll be good. sad thing, though, I dont' think this coaching staff can provide "it".

Date: October 24, 2010 12:30PM

GBOFinFan Wrote:
> Hate to say it but uclkyle is right. We do NOT
> have the IT factor. IF we ever get it we'll be
> good. sad thing, though, I dont' think this
> coaching staff can provide "it".

Oh please. What is the "it" factor here? If "it" means the refs give you the football, even though your team has done nothing to deserve it, then I don't want to be a fan of the game.

Why would I want to watch a game where the outcome is clearly fixed?

Date: October 24, 2010 12:32PM

Hire Jim McMahon for comish. It only makes sense.

Date: October 24, 2010 12:38PM

What is the "it" factor. I can explain. It's the ability for the team to ROUTINELY overcome bad calls, bad breaks, turnovers, poor player performance, and somehow eek out a game that a team doesn't deserve to win. Again, the key to this is to do this consistently.

Today, the Steelers have to two early unusual turnovers, more penalties in the game, are on the road, fumble at the goal line, and still come away with a win. That is "it" factor. That seperates the great teams from the good teams. Teams like the Steelers, Patriots, and Colts consistently bring in players and coaches that bring the "it" factor.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:38PM

Saying that the NFL is fixed is an outright ABSURD thing to say are you telling me that players would just intentionally lose games because there on the "middle of the road" team? Not likely and dont tell me its about money because they could go to a "winning" team and make money there too, or they could go to "media" and make tons of money selling out the NFL for being a fraud.

Seems like these days no matter what sport you like if your team does bad i guess that sport is rigged, i wonder how many BOSOX fans last year were calling for the head of the MLB commisioner because once again the Yankees won the world series?

Or NASCAR oh my, there golden boy sucks (Dale Jr.) but another guy comes from nowhere to tear up the last decade of the sport like no one before him( Johnson) and all the fueds and rivalries and lack of penalties for potentially lethal actions (C.Edwards B. Keselowski - Atlanta) now that makes for good WWE programming. Honestly i dont buy any of this.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Date: October 24, 2010 12:43PM

g_fish55 Wrote:
> Saying that the NFL is fixed is an outright ABSURD
> thing to say are you telling me that players would
> just intentionally lose games because there on the
> "middle of the road" team?

I'm saying its fixed. The players may not be losing games, but the Refs and the NFL sure are playing favorites - year after year.

We had the better team this Sunday. How did the Steelers lose? Holding every play on the final drive - all no calls, and then being gifted the ball by the refs.

That game was fixed. Sometimes the big lie is easier to believe than the truth.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:43PM

Doesn't have anything to do with refs...

How about we score a td on either one of the two TO's on the first two drives....that would be one "it"

How about we don't waste a timeout before a FG from the one yard line...that would be another "it"

How about we let the clock run down to the two min. warning and regroup for secdond down at the end of the game since this is a crucial drive...that would be another "it"

How about or kickoff return team limit the opposing return man to zero 50 yard returns...especially at the end of the game when we have the lead....that would be another "it"

I can go on...and that's just this game.

I believe we have a really good team, I really do. But we can't seem to put it all together.

Date: October 24, 2010 12:49PM

GBOFinFan Wrote:
> Doesn't have anything to do with refs...
>
> How about we score a td on either one of the two
> TO's on the first two drives....that would be one
> "it"
>
> How about we don't waste a timeout before a FG
> from the one yard line...that would be another
> "it"
>
> How about we let the clock run down to the two
> min. warning and regroup for secdond down at the
> end of the game since this is a crucial
> drive...that would be another "it"
>
> How about or kickoff return team limit the
> opposing return man to zero 50 yard
> returns...especially at the end of the game when
> we have the lead....that would be another "it"
>
> I can go on...and that's just this game.
>
> I believe we have a really good team, I really do.
> But we can't seem to put it all together.

I understand your frustration, but fact is we got screwed. We played better, and clearly got screwed.

You want to blame our loss on some magical "it".

I saw hard evidence that the Pittsburgh QB fumbled in the endzone and we recovered. And then the official laid out some BS excuse as to why the Steelers get the ball back.

I think my explanation is simpler than blaming it on some unquantifiable entity.

Truth is, the Steelers have been getting these kinds of calls for the past several years. That SB back against Seattle, the Seahawks were the victim of a horrible call and BS excuse by the officials. That SB against the Cardnals. Huge no call on PI in the endzone.

Yea, the Steelers are not as good as the refs and the NFL make them out to be. The NFL is a bunch of BS.

Date: October 24, 2010 12:54PM

look dolfanmike, go have yourself a couple beers lay down and relax and come back in the morning when your done with this "i was probed by an alien" conspiracy theory nonsense.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:54PM

We clearly got robbed, the main referee single handedly decided the winner of that game,. That will go down as one of the most crap corrupt calls and a huge black eye's on the league and its record. The corruptness was defintely exposed. This better be front page story tomorrow around the sports world.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:57PM

Oh yeah, IT'S FIXED. Are you watching the Patriots-Chargers game? You see that calling a forward incomplete pass a fumble?

Whenever there are teams like the Patriots and Yankees that win a lot, there are crooked refs being paid off by gamblers to take the money of suckers who bet on the other teams.

Their duty is to make sure the favorites win.

Date: October 24, 2010 12:58PM

I agree. Im not saying we weren't robbed we definitely were, but to say teh whole league is fixed is really quite over the top.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 01:06PM

I am just saying that in the NFL certain referees are corrupt, and this game exposed that as fact to anyone that was watching! Total BS

Date: October 24, 2010 01:06PM

g_fish55 Wrote:
> look dolfanmike, go have yourself a couple beers
> lay down and relax and come back in the morning
> when your done with this "i was probed by an
> alien" conspiracy theory nonsense.

Oh, give it a break.

You act as though its far fetched that NFL officials might skew the playing field towards teams it feels are more profitable, and those it feels are less.

The NFL is an entertainment business. If the people running it think they get better profits at lower risk by encouraging certain team to win, while have a group of have nots - then that is what it will do.

Pittsburgh benefits because the Steelers have fans everywhere. If they start losing a lot, they lose that fan base.

Miami has lost a large portion of the fan base it had under Shula. Those that are left are the die-hards. The NFL feels they can screw the team over because we'll still come back and watch games and pay for Sunday Ticket and gear and game seats. I'm out, I'm done.

Clearly the NFL favors certain teams. Hell - the Patriots got caught cheating to win Super Bowls, and all they got was a slap on the wrist and excuses as to why they deserved to win anyway.

Date: October 24, 2010 01:22PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> I am just saying that in the NFL certain referees
> are corrupt, and this game exposed that as fact to
> anyone that was watching! Total BS

Excactly, but to go and say the whole system is rigged is VERY far fetched it would have been exposed there are too many people out there working for the NFL for it to not get exposed if it was rigged. You cant tell me every referee is in on this hidden agenda to make the good teams what they are. Lets face it teams are good because they are coached to be good and have good players. End of story

Date: October 24, 2010 02:20PM

g_fish55, you are quite logical and reasonable in saying that this could "NOT" be true....which is the very reason they can get away with it because it is so hard to believe until a scandal like the "Black Sox" erupts.

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:23PM

You can say it was a bad call, it was. But Henne put us in that position, just like he has all year. The guy is not a winner, Penny needs to start now.

Date: October 24, 2010 02:24PM

Do you remember what a weak arm Pennington has and how many sacks he takes when he's not throwing interceptions?

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:37PM

Welead Wrote:
> You can say it was a bad call, it was. But Henne
> put us in that position, just like he has all
> year. The guy is not a winner, Penny needs to
> start now.

Oh that's a good one.. Henne put us in that position? So now Henne is in our red zone defense and failed to clearly recover that fumble?

Date: October 24, 2010 02:41PM

JC; listen carefully....HENNE SUX! If the man had some balls we would be ahead with all those gift fumbles near the twenty yard line. Wow what analysis I read on this moronic message board.

Date: October 24, 2010 02:45PM

Did it cross anyone's mind that maybe the Steelers are just better than the Fins? Lots of whining and excuses here......

Date: October 24, 2010 02:56PM

The Pittsburgh Steelers were certainly considered the superior team by many Dolphin fan but when the game unfolds like it did, with numerous opportunities to win the damn thing, you look at what we needed to put us over the top. In my opinion, Henne is holding this team back in a big way.

Date: October 24, 2010 02:56PM

Did it ever occur to you that it is childish to come on the opponent's chatboard and waste your time with more than one post???????????

Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 03:29PM

I never thought I would say this:

I really do think the Steelers Dolphins game was "fixed"

I have never in my life heard an explanation of a video review like that...
Did they just make that up!!!!

To my knowledge...it is black and white...

1) Either a fumble and recovery by dolphins ...1st and 10 at the 20 yard line

2) OR, touchdown steelers.

Very simple!!!

I think the NFL and referee decided the outcome of this game by making up a new rule!!! That has never been an option for a video call...

DUDE it is not rocket science to see who emerged with the ball from the pile..It is either team A or team B. In this case we ALL saw that Francis emerged with the ball!!!

I guess that is why they call them the Steelers!!! They stole the game from us! LOL

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: October 24, 2010 03:35PM

Welead Wrote:
> JC; listen carefully....HENNE SUX! If the man had
> some balls we would be ahead with all those gift
> fumbles near the twenty yard line. Wow what
> analysis I read on this moronic message board.

So, it's Henne's fault when we call 3 straight running plays after the 2nd fumble? And it's Henne's fault that after the first fumble, we ran once, called a play action pass with only one receiver who ran a pass route, and he was triple covered, and then Ronnie Brown failed to run the correct hot route?

Date: October 24, 2010 03:37PM

Dude give Henne the ball FOUR times within the twenty! Amount of points he produces; ZERO! Are you high?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.