HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins - Steelers game thread.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Dolphins - Steelers game thread.
Posted by: FinsFan4Life ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:19AM

Announcer: Henne hasn't been looked at favorably in the Miami area as their quarterback of the future, this would be an opportune time to solidify himself in that position.

F A I L !

Announcer: Ok, he can jump in the Everglades now... look here comes a crock... Oh my, it ripped off his leg... now his arms... and no one in Miami seems to care at all. Screw it, I'm going to have a beer, you comin?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:20AM

We played the best team in the NFL and should have won if not for a stupid rush to call a TD. No way would I complain about the Phins this week. Does anyone here think that the Steelers defense makes things easy?

Posted by: joemama ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:20AM

It's pretty pointless anyway since they would have just been even happier to run a g-d draw play but I think I would keep a timeout.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:23AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, Dolfanmark, I knew that. But still a good
> argument could be made that the Timeout was worth
> more than the 36 seconds?

Calling the timeout got them two offensive plays before the 2 minute warning. Had they let the clock run, they would have lost the 2 minute warning as a timeout, and not got the ball back until about 1:40 - 1:45 left after the kickoff. We have no speed on offense. We cannot strike quickly. We need all the time for a drive that we can get.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:24AM

Officiating WAS bad. Use of timeouts was excellent. Two minute drill-supposed to be specialty of Henne-poor. Overall, what killed us was our inability to score touchdowns in the red zone instead of field goals.

Rick

Posted by: KC FinFan ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:24AM

Northeast Fin Fan Wrote:
> We played the best team in the NFL and should have
> won if not for a stupid rush to call a TD. No way
> would I complain about the Phins this week. Does
> anyone here think that the Steelers defense makes
> things easy?

I agree 100%

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:28AM

Yeah, Dolfanmark but we were not going to do it running anyway against the best run defense in the NFL and certainly not with running Ronnie Brown.

To me, that leaves the pass. So what if you do successfully pass and score to soon. My only problem with that touchdown by Devon Bess is I said, "Oh crap, maybe it would have been better for us to have him tackled at the two yard line and run some clock before we score a TD."

Oh course, LOL, that was before I saw our special teams coordinator have Carpenter place kick the ball to the Steeler's 5 yard line instead of booting it the fu_k out of the f_cking endzone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:31AM

It's frustrating because the Dolphins did play well today.

But I think the season is pretty much over, anyway. At 3-3 trailing NYJ and the Patriots. Two division losses and three conference losses. That's a deep hole for a team that gives up trying to move the ball inside the opposing 20.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: October 24, 2010 04:07PM

KC FinFan Wrote:
> Northeast Fin Fan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > We played the best team in the NFL and should
> have
> > won if not for a stupid rush to call a TD. No
> way
> > would I complain about the Phins this week.
> Does
> > anyone here think that the Steelers defense
> makes
> > things easy?
>
>
> I agree 100%

No team can play a perfect game against this Steeler team. We played very well - certainly well enough to win, and we should have won. My only complaints are directed towards that Pittsburgh ref.

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: October 24, 2010 05:39PM

Was at the Game so did not see it on TV yet, that blown call by the refs, well it was clear at the game who came up with the ball, A phin player stood up from the pile holding the dam ball.... How is it that you have to see it on replay when I could plainly see it on the field.... We got stiffed... And that last drive we run the ball, then rush a play, then throw a 2 yard pass on 3rd and 8????? Why even bother.... and those of ya that got excited about some long kick offs we had, well the wind was real strong and helped those kicks.... at halftime they had the Army parachute into the stadium, and boy with that wind it was quite a show... Bad decision making in this game, with the coaching staff as well as QB decisions. Many times a Rec, looked open and the ball was not thrown in that direction... Seems Henne locks onto Bess anytime he feels pressured and others are open...

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 24, 2010 06:21PM

As far as the Dolphin emerging from the pack with the ball, I think there excuse was that they blew the whistle and said touchdown. At that point, the Steelers wisely walked away.

You remember how long it took for the replay?

You remember the long labored explanation that the replay HAD TWO PARTS?

The fumble took no time. They immediately determined that Ben had fumbled into the endzone.

What took all the time?

They looked at the replay which clearly showed that a Dolphin had covered up the ball and was touched while lying with his belly on the ground and the ball in his possession.

So they said, "Holy Sh_t! When we blew the whistle and threw up the touchdown sign without unscrambling the pile, the Steelers walked away. What do we do now? If we rule that the Dolphins recovered, the Steelers will say, "Hey, you called a touchdown so we stopped scrambling for the ball."

Moreover, they had not made a call on the fumble recovery. Therefore, the only thing they could do is what they did.

In other words, the arrogance of the official basically blew the play dead and there was no way to take that back.

This calls for a rule change so this never happens again.

First determine who recovered the fumble and THEN RULE WHETHER THERE WAS A FUMBLE!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 24, 2010 06:32PM

I remember a call like this in the '84 Bears game, but that was in our favor. I remember one of our guys standing with the ball in his hands. Not sure if it was a whistle, but players had stopped fighting for a fumble, we ended up with it, and we got the ball. It was LONG time ago, so I might be remembering wrong.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 24, 2010 06:57PM

montequi Wrote:
> I remember a call like this in the '84 Bears game,
> but that was in our favor. I remember one of our
> guys standing with the ball in his hands. Not
> sure if it was a whistle, but players had stopped
> fighting for a fumble, we ended up with it, and we
> got the ball. It was LONG time ago, so I might
> be remembering wrong.

We didn't play the bears in '84.

If you are referring to the '85 game where we stopped the bears' undefeated streak, I don't remember such a call, and I was at that game...but you are right that it was a long time ago. Regardless, we beat the Bears' arrogant a$$es so handily back in 1985 (the game did not play out as close as the final score looked), no one referee call could have possibly affected the outcome of that one.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 10:53AM

Uhhh..maybe the use of "excellent" to describe the use of timeouts was something of an overstatement.

Rick

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 11:50AM

And i havent read up like 3 pages idont know if this has been discussed....I dont have time to read right now but....

How the hell are you going to run the phreaking ball on the last drive agqainst probably the best run defense in football?

throw the dam ball three times...

Pathetic.

Pages: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.