HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Done
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Done
Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:51PM

Ghat play called with the fumble and us really recovering has just basically put us out of playoff contention. There goes another year,down the drain. Time to play for draft picks and put the scrubs in to see who is worth keeping after the off season.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Done
Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:57PM

say what? dude were 3-3 we made the playoffs two years ago after being 2-4 at this point. We just about beat the steelers bud, there argueably the best team in the league. I still think that we will make it this year.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Date: October 24, 2010 01:00PM

Umm pats will be 5-1 and the Jets are 5-1. Both beat us already...steelers just beat us, ravens beat us, seeing a pattern? If we had not played those teams yet I would say there was a chance, now..no chance

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: October 24, 2010 01:12PM

yo dolphan1 let me do you one better. Our season was over once we got spanked by the pats, 1-2 in the division and needing a 4-2 division record (sweeping bills, NE, and jets) not happening. This is just the icining on the cake. I would like to believe we can still make the playoffs but I think that anything short of 11-5 and we wont make it. For reasons dolphan1 stated, to many conference loses to playoff teams and to many divisional loses... we are on life support...

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 01:14PM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Umm pats will be 5-1 and the Jets are 5-1. Both
> beat us already...steelers just beat us, ravens
> beat us, seeing a pattern? If we had not played
> those teams yet I would say there was a chance,
> now..no chance

You just said 4 teams beat us? We only have 3 losses.

Date: October 24, 2010 01:20PM

Sorry, your right 3 teams beat us, the ravens have not beat us yet.

Date: October 24, 2010 01:25PM

so your saying then we can go on to win against the ravens and go say 8-2 or 9-1 or dare i say 10-0 we still wont make the playoffs? Ridiculous ramplings from a grumpy fan.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 24, 2010 01:26PM

The way the Jets and Patriots are playing, I think Miami needs to go 12-4 to make the playoffs.

I don't think Miami is going to go 12-4. Just can't score enough points.

Date: October 24, 2010 01:29PM

Not a grumpy fan, a realistic one. Patriots and Jets are much better than we are. It's just a fact. I suggest you watch some of there games and watch them confidently move the ball time and time again. Just superior coaching and play makers.

Date: October 24, 2010 01:31PM

i would watch the games in which we played them we really beat both of them if we had the special teams play then that we have now.

Date: October 24, 2010 01:41PM

g_fish55 Wrote:
> i would watch the games in which we played them we
> really beat both of them if we had the special
> teams play then that we have now.

I like your optimism g-fish but what record do you think we need to finish with to make the playoffs, i am curious? and does that record include sweeping out the rest of the division games?

Date: October 24, 2010 01:59PM

12-4 maybe 11-5 as a wildcard. I dont see it as likely, but to completely write ourselves out of the playoffs now is a bit premature.

If we sweep the division 11-5 would probably do it 10-6 is a very far stretch.

Date: October 24, 2010 02:09PM

g_fish55 Wrote:
> 12-4 maybe 11-5 as a wildcard. I dont see it as
> likely, but to completely write ourselves out of
> the playoffs now is a bit premature.
>
> If we sweep the division 11-5 would probably do it
> 10-6 is a very far stretch.

OK so we are all saying the same thing, basically the dolphins need to win 8 or 9 of the next 10 games. some of us are just conceding that is not very likely when you think we have to still play the pats, jets, ravens, titans, and the bengles (assuming we take care of the other 5 teams which we should be favorites against root agains the pats and jets, then beat the pats and jets and then get in as a division winner. i dont think that we can get in as a wildcard team.

Date: October 24, 2010 02:16PM

Pats just putting away San Diego just sealed our fate. See you next year

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:38PM

Given that Henne is going to be the starter all season, because of that idiot Sparano, we will be lucky to get to 8-8. No playoffs for sure.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: October 24, 2010 05:39PM

10-6 is usually good enough to get a wc spot. This year, not so much. 11-5 should do it though. That said, we could still lose two more games and make it.

The key is winning two of the following four: NE/NY/Balt/Tenn

We're playing better on the road so it's not inconceivable to beat NE or NY or both.

Still have to tcb in the other games.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 02:34PM

He is right there will be a team that is 11-5 and wont make the playoffs this year.

10-6 wont make it, look at the scheduals of all the team competeing.

Colts/Tenn/KC/HOU/NE/PITS/BALT/NYJ.

Thats 8 teams that are playing better, and will prob end up with better record than our team, now only 6 of thoughs will make playoffs.

You tell me how the f.ck is Mia going to crack in that line-up.

I mean cmon on man seriously lol....

Mia can only afford to lose one more game this year, if we lost two more the season is done. WAY to many winning teams that are stacked this year.

Hell KC is better than we are oh Jesus...

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 02:38PM

I dont think Mia can beat NE or the Jets, Woodhead is just to much of a beast, and the Jets defense has our number because our OC has lost his touch.

I'm not even sure we can beat up on KC.

Im going to the Balt game hopefully, but I don't know man I don't think we can stop Boldin and HEap is going to have a FIELD day against us.

Colts losing Clark is a blessing, and because of that they might not win the south.

Still our team's coaching is our downfall. Sorry man I hate saying it. but goodness look at yesterdays debacle no further review necessary to confirm it.

Sparano is a idiot when it comes to being a tactionanior, and Hennning has lost his marbles, he needs to fly back to never never land and go get them.

Posted by: opus ()
Date: October 25, 2010 02:51PM

Henne is just not the answer. My 15 year old daughter even said "Dad, he keeps looking right at the guy he is going to throw to!!" And then his pocket feel is HORRIBLE!!! Vernon Carey manages to totally stop their end only to have Chad run forward and give the guy an easy sack!! I just don't see any improvement. We have 2 highly paid receivers that are totally useless unless we get somebody that can get the ball to them.

Date: October 25, 2010 04:21PM

If you can believe this: We have only outscored our opponents in our successful wins by 15 points. Something is seriously wrong here.

Date: October 25, 2010 04:25PM

No I'm wrong! It's only by 12 points, that's the spread of our win in TOTAL. I'm all for giving Henne a shot, he's shown up better than the junk we've tried for the last several years, but I'm getting nervous about how long it's taken him to "break out." If ever?

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 05:19PM

Our problems are;

We can't convert in the red zone. Too many lost opportunities

Play calling is to awful at times. 3 & 6 screen to fullback?

D line plays well DB's getting beat deep

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: October 25, 2010 05:49PM

All I know is that it is getting real tiring to drop like 800 bucks a game to leave the stadium feeling we did not give it our all, be that coaching players or whatever. So far this year no home wins and an empty wallet... I want maximum effort from all for all the cash I dish out for this team, If we just plain sucked I would not be so upset, but we have talent but no results... I go to these friggen games and there are so many opposing team fans, feels like an away game, then I have to walk out of the stadium listening to those fans Mock our team....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.