HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Next up - Squeelers
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Next up - Squeelers
Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: October 17, 2010 12:30PM

Pittsburgh didn't put a lot of points up on Cleveland today.

Steelers defense shut down the Browns Offense, but we may have more answers than Cleveland - particularly the ground game.

I think we can win this one - as long as the special teams keep it together.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Next up - Squeelers
Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 17, 2010 12:50PM

Going to be an absolute dogfight, but a win in this game would be huge.

Dolphins are really going to need those 1-2 big plays they didn't really get today.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: October 17, 2010 04:13PM

We need to play smarter, hold our coverage, and make consistant calls on offense, meaning lets not run three times for 28 yards and then throw 3 incomplete passes. Pound the ball down there throats.

Keep the special Teams improving and cut penalties.

Big Ben doesn't really rattle under pressure, and we need to take in account he has a tremendous "pump" action. No pun intended.

We can win this game but with improvements from this week will be necessary.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 18, 2010 05:20AM

K lets be honest guys we played a banged up GB defense, and did a solid job.

The Steelers are going to shut down the run.

I bet we won't have the option to run it alot, and I can't see our team pounding the rock like yesterday.

We will be forced to throw the ball, and Palamalu is going to have a field day with Henne, especially with his starring down the wr's.

I want us to win, but lets be honest the Steelers are one of the best if not THE best team in the league, and we clearly cannot compare.

Not with Berger, and a few injuries.

I hope we win, but honestly I do not see this as a win.

Pit 24-Mia 16.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 18, 2010 07:08AM

Gee Mia1. Way to have faith in your team!

This could be one of those games where we surprise our opponent. I think the Steelers will be heavily favored and we'll pull off the upset. There is no one statistic or matchup I can point to at this point that will be the key. I just think after a solid win in GB we'll be fired up for this one.

I do NOT think Pitt will completely shut down our running game, but they'll keep it in check (no really big gains). I think Henne will be more pressured than in GB, but Bess is reliable, Marshall has shown what he can do, and Hartline is coming along. We may play a lot of 3 receiver sets, and I think we can move the ball with those. Main thing is, we need to play a perfect game (no turnovers! no major mistakes!). I think we can do it.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: October 18, 2010 07:23AM

The Steelers allowed Colt McCoy to throw for almost 300 yards against them so they are not invincible and we will beat them if are defense comes to play. I think as long as Henne is careful with the ball and does not throw more than 1 pick we can stay in the game with Pittsburgh and beat them. We are due to win a freaking home game and it starts this Sunday.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: October 18, 2010 07:52AM

What is the status of Jerry and Odrick? Will they be available for the Pitt game? Also can anyone please tell me what is this mystery illness that Jerry has? Having both those guys help us out.

Either way I see this as a low scoring game and Miami has a chance to go up against a healthy team and beat them. That would tell me they are legit and are ready to be involved in the conversation of a real contender atleast for the playoffs.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: October 18, 2010 08:23AM

Jerry practiced last week but was inactive for the game yesterday. Should be ready to go for the Steelers.

Odrick was seen on the field during warm ups but Mike Berardino says due to GB's cut blocking schemes it would've been a bad week to come back from a broken fibula even if he could get ready.

If our defense and ST's can limit pitt to zero BIG plays, we can win this game. Ben looked pretty good yesterday BUT they were playing the browns....one of the worst teams in the league.

Wake's pass rush will be somewhat neutralized early by pitt's ground game so he'll have to stay home and make more reads. Need Soliai to have a big game to force them to throw the ball more. If we can win the down and distance game, Cam might be able to get off a couple sacks.

Anyone heard Dansby's status? He's gonna really be needed this week.

Date: October 18, 2010 08:31AM

What I was being positive.

Rothlisberger is one of the best QB's in the league, and he has a overall awsome team to come around him.

We have a upper echelon average QB, and a team still glueing, gelling and slowley comming along.

The only thing that Pitt's really brings that concerns me is Palamalu, that guy can destroy QB's, and the way Henne stares down our wr's is why Im not high on this game.

We will be forced to pass pass pass, because they will shut down our running game which is already weakned.

What happens when we pass pass pass... Thats right Henne turns the ball over, and if he throws alot of these weak pass's that we have seen the past two weeks Palamalu is going to have a break out game.

We can beat them, however I just don't know, but Im being real not riding the we beat a badly injured GB team.

BARELY beat that team. If we can beat the Steelers then I will feel good about the rest of this season.

Date: October 18, 2010 12:26PM

I dont see why we cant win, they allowed colt Mccoy to throw for 300 yards with only 2 active WR for over half the game, our defense is much better than Clevelands, and even though we are 0-2 at home we still have some kind of home field advantage.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 18, 2010 01:18PM

We have some kind of home field advantage??
Maybe we could ask Pittsburg to let us play IN Pittsburg. They won't know what hit them.smiling bouncing smiley

Date: October 18, 2010 03:17PM

Yeah I know plus Yeah I want us to win and make a statement, however it's just our team doesnt do that.

We are conservative.

It should be a good game, and I will be yelling at the TV all game, both good cheers and alot of cuss-words.

Date: October 18, 2010 03:20PM

i look for us to make progress here towards a more aggressive offense our defense really started to show its colors last week at green bay so i anticipate some new things maybe if it comes to the last play of the game again we may actually throw a bomb.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: October 18, 2010 07:29PM

Mia1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> We can beat them, however I just don't know, but
> Im being real not riding the we beat a badly
> injured GB team.
>
> BARELY beat that team.

That GB game was one where we should have done a lot more than "BARELY". The untimely INT. The crap 4th down call from the Refs. The poor offensive playcalling for most of the day. We should have owned GB, and, honestly, I had no concerns going into OT.

The fact is, if our special teams had played well, we probably would have "BARELY" beaten two other teams.

The Dolphins have a good team, they just have to figure out how to get out of their own way.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 19, 2010 07:16AM

any given sunday smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.