HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Looking at our schedule
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Looking at our schedule
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: October 05, 2010 12:00PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking at our schedule
Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: October 05, 2010 12:08PM

I agree somewhat. I really don't believe any NFL team is going to be easy.
I think we were all concerned about our special teams going in. And we were all right. At the opening 2nd half kickoff I blurted out to no one that I hate this. I have no faith in them. And of coarse they ran it back. Killed my heart.
So, If, and it's a big if, our STs pick it up I do believe we can be as good as any other playoff bound team. Will we go far in the playoffs if we make it? That's a question for another day.
I believe our offense will continue to improve and our D is good enough to stop good teams. They have proven that.
So there. I'm going home and drink a beer.smileys with beer

Looking at our schedule
Date: October 05, 2010 12:05PM

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 05, 2010 12:08PM

I like it!! I just hope its do-able..."any given sunday"

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: October 05, 2010 12:33PM

Hey, the Broncos beat the Titans and played the Colts close till the very end. How good are they? Are they a playoff team?
Point is, yes we can but we need to shore things up.
We had a terrible game but we are not a terrible team. Just have terrible special teams and that has to be corrected period.

Funny thing. Ya'll should have heard the call for Orton's head when they lost to the Colts. Even though he threw for 476 yards.
After they beat the Titans, all is well with him. Go figure.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 05, 2010 12:59PM

I think 10-6 or 11-5 is still very possible. I am a moron, though, I'll admit that.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 05, 2010 01:18PM

11-5 still a possibility? I think 12-4 is still a possibility. It is a long season and this was only one game.

Repeat after me everyone: it is a long season and this was only one game.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 05, 2010 01:34PM

It's a long season and this was only one game, but I think we've seen the flaws consistently over the first four games. Lack of pass-rush in the 2nd half, poor use of Wildcat killing drives, poor special teams play, and Henne not being there yet. Also, Jason Allen's Jeckyl and Hyde transformations.

With a tough schedule, I think this team's going to have taken a few more lumps by the time the season's over. I'm all for being optimistic, but I'm trying to be a realist here. Speaking of which, I miss realist. sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2010 01:35PM by (R/J)ay.

Date: October 05, 2010 01:54PM

No team left on our schedule looks like a total beatdown the Lions almost beat the Packers, and were due for some good karma after last week.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 05, 2010 02:02PM

7-9 our coaching is killing this team.

We got the talent to be 16-0 but however lol we damn sure don't have the coaching to get it done.

If we had Belicheat we would be undefeated. Hell if we had the loud mouth moron Rex Ryan this team would be undefeated.

Can you imagine Rex commanding Vontae, Dansby, Bell and Wake. Good god the Sacks would be endless!!!

So there you have it 7-9 because our coaching is awfull. Sorry I try to remain positive, but now realism is sticking in, and well I hope we do better, but hey 12 more games to go so who knows.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 08, 2010 01:09PM

Being a Louisville Cardinal fan since the early 70's I have some experience in seeing my football team out coached (espcially over the last 5 to 7 years). I have found myself backing coaches that with hind sight should have been let go much sooner than they were.

But, I hope we stick with Tony for a while and keep some stability. I think he will be fine, as will our phins this year. I think I remember Belichex not doing so well in Cleveland (have you ever noticed that Cleveland spelled backwards is "DNA level C"winking smiley

I do also hope that the defense continues to be the main focus in the next draft. The football godz do love a dominating defense.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: October 09, 2010 08:33AM

Special teams are the key.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 12, 2010 10:51AM

We have a lot more to worry about than we did at the beginning of the season.

1 Teams that were medium to bad (last year) are a lot better this year (chicago, detroit, tennessee, cincinatti)

2. Our divison rivals (except for BUF) are much iimproved and each have already beat us once (NYJ, NE)

3. The only wins we currently have are against very poorly performing teams BUF (0-4) Minn (1-3)

Bottom line we don't have a lot to look forward to unless this team can take it up a few notches.

4. Green bay is another team thought to be a power house last year is lsiding. We better grab that one while they are down, cuse the rest is gonna be a fight (save BUF one more time)

Time to strap it on and bring it if we got it. smileys with beer

Date: October 12, 2010 11:00AM

Guys look at the AFC, Balt and Pitsburg will both be in the playoffs.

The Jets are going to win this division they just have to much of a dominating line giving Sanchez ALL day to throw.

The Pats got rid of Moss so that should make them one dimentional and basically take away the deep threat, so they should slide to 10-6/9-7 which brings me to this point.

The Dolphins only hope at playoffs this year is if we beat NE, and we finish 10-6, which I am really questioning the coaching so Im about to tank it in, because it just seems like our coaching can never put a complete game together which just cost us game after game.

We will see, however I just don't see us getting more than 7 or 8 wins.

Our special teams is garbage, and will remain BAD, and our offensive cordinator will cost us a couple more games, and Nolan unless he starts planning like week one and two, then our defense will give away some games.

I don't know but I don't like what Ive been seeing in the playcalling on all three aspects of this game from this team.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 12, 2010 11:02AM

Phinjim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We have a lot more to worry about than we did at
> the beginning of the season.
>
> 1 Teams that were medium to bad (last year) are a
> lot better this year (chicago, detroit, tennessee,
> cincinatti)
>
> 2. Our divison rivals (except for BUF) are much
> iimproved and each have already beat us once (NYJ,
> NE)
>
> 3. The only wins we currently have are against
> very poorly performing teams BUF (0-4) Minn (1-3)
>
> Bottom line we don't have a lot to look forward to
> unless this team can take it up a few notches.
>
> 4. Green bay is another team thought to be a
> power house last year is lsiding. We better grab
> that one while they are down, cuse the rest is
> gonna be a fight (save BUF one more time)
>
> Time to strap it on and bring it if we got it.
> smileys with beer

I agree, and this week is a big week. The coaching staff has had a bye week to prepare for a team a little beat up. THis team especially defense needs to step it up. I thing we need that D-line to step it up and hopefull see Crowder and Odrick back in the line up as well will help. I have read and noticed that Dansby is not being used covering that much, he has been used as the anchor against the run game. If our defense plays well and ST does not collapse, we will have a chance to win each of these next tough games. IF we as you say PhinJim
"....strap it on and bring it if we got it" I think we will play mean and physical this week and abuse the packers.

Date: October 12, 2010 02:09PM

It all starts this week if Rodgers doesn't play then it is open season on Matt Flynn. He shall not be allowed to beat us. If he does or is allowed time to throw the ball then this season will take a turn for the worst. It's like Rocky we can't let that bastard breathe.

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: October 12, 2010 02:54PM

We're an average team. 8-8 no playoffs this year. Since this is a passing league and our QB hasn't shown much as of yet, I don't think we would even go far in the playoffs if we lucked out and got in. The season rides on Henne's shoulders, we're only going to be as good as our QB. Right now that's not saying much.

Posted by: jimmmyd3 ()
Date: October 12, 2010 03:45PM

PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS , DID YOU SAY PLAYOFFS! LOL
The only way I see us making the playoffs is with an 11-5 record or better. 10-6 does not garantee you in this league.

Date: October 13, 2010 07:04AM

I agree Jimmy the only way unless we win the tie breaker is to be 11-5 this year.

To many strong afc teams. Colts, Ravens, Steelers, Jets, HOU, which is tempermental but stocked full of talent and NE. Well without Moss who knows?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.