HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dark Days are A' Coming
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Dark Days are A' Coming sad smiley
Posted by: Welead ()
Date: October 05, 2010 04:19PM

Ok, what's fair is fair, lots of fans like Henne, lots of fans are dissapointed. The question remains: How long do we stick with Henne if we keep losing games? If we lose to Green Bay, are you willing to give Penny the nod? Or does it take two or three more losses? I myself, don't see much upside in Henne, he would have at least showed a flash of brillance in either the Jets or the Patriots game. He folded like a card house but I'm willing to give him one more chance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: October 05, 2010 04:22PM

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: October 05, 2010 04:43PM

No, I don't think most fans are disappointed. It just so happens that the ones who are tend to be more vocal.

And sign up for accounts on Dolphin fan pages the day after a bad game.

And generally don't know much about football.

And only read the boxscore and didn't actually watch the game.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 06, 2010 05:17AM

DolfanMike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok, what's fair is fair, lots of fans like Henne,
> lots of fans are dissapointed.
>
> A handful of fans are dissapointed. And somehow,
> most of that handful has registered over the past
> week or so.

Or, they registered during the Wanny years and only come back to post when we're doing poorly.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 06, 2010 06:49AM

Here's the thing with Henne. He has to grow, work through issues, mistakes, troubles and learn in his position. He simply can't do that if he isn't playing.

Henne should not be benched this season NO MATTER HOW THE TEAM DOES IN THE WIN/LOSS COLUMN or how many mistakes he makes personally.

He should know that the job is his, (for this year anyway) and he should know that if things go wrong this year, it'll be looked at as a get it out of his system year. Then he should know that next year he'll be on a much shorter leash with respect to continued mistakes.

Date: October 06, 2010 08:27AM

So according to some of these posters, the season is toast just so Henne can "develop." Bad idea. Henne has had enough time to develop, he's had over 16 games and it's clear he isn't the future. Penny was 10-6 and took us to the playoffs with a much INFERIOR team around him. Who's the Leader of this team, I would say Brandon Marshall at this point. Henne doesn't not inspire, he goes back to the bench and jokes around while Penny is teaching him not to make stupid mistakes.

Date: October 06, 2010 08:30AM

Lot's of fans aren't dissapointed? Go to the News Feeds and there you will find articles with people writing in to ask if it's time to bench Henne. Also, when fans have had enough, they get motivated to speak out because we're tired of another losing season. That's what's called a winners attitude, doing something about it. The attitude of "let's just wait and see what happens, we might hurt Henne's feelings" is a losers attitude. Win at all costs. Look what the Patriots do, they trade one of their best players and they still keep winning, we keep guys around like Jay Fiedler and wait for years and years .

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 06, 2010 08:34AM

Look you give Henne 2 more weeks, he has the bye week, and give him two more games to shine.

If he stinks then put in Pennington to try and save the season, if he shine's then enough said.

Anyways you will know the next 3 weeks what will happen.

If Pennington comes in and lose's 2 or 3 games back to back, then you will know if it is our coaching, play-calling or if it was our QB. Problem solved.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 06, 2010 12:28PM

Look guys if we start this season at 2-4 it's most likely over for us as far as winning the division goes. Not that it couldn't happen mind you.

Henne won't develop unless he plays...period. Pennington will not make us a team to be dealt with on offense. Benching Henne serves no real purpose unless he's hurt.

It took Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Troy Aikman...etc, etc, etc. More than 16 games to start getting good as a complete player package. In fact it took Aikman two seasons or 30+ games and Favre took even longer than that.

It takes time and Henne has not had enough of it as a starter...next year however the light must start to come on brightly for him to the tune of a consistent 85-90+ QB rating and a 2-1 TD/Int ratio as well as a consistent 60+ completion percentage.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 06, 2010 01:36PM

He has a few more games to prove himself, if not I say we buy a great QB that is a proven commodity like brees or Vick.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 06, 2010 01:41PM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> He has a few more games to prove himself, if not I
> say we buy a great QB that is a proven commodity
> like brees or Vick.

Vick? No thanks. Brees will finish his career in N.O.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 06, 2010 02:17PM

I am all for Henne and his further development, he has a few mental blocks that he has to get through, and the only way he is going to see the field better is to keep seeing all the different stuff that the defense's throw at him from week to week, game to game.

A good defense, makes a QB do what he doesnt like to do, or has weakness at, it is then the job of the QB, to respond and make that weakness a strength and move on, until another vulnerability is exposed, This is a process all young QB's and teams for that matter have to go through.

Particularly about the NE game, special teams blew it and put Henne in a tought situation. He had to basicly play with the defense knowing exactly what we were doing, which was throwing. That takes away play action, etc and many things that make a QB successful. Very few QB's in the history can gun-sling the way out of that situation, but Henne sure as hell tried and lead some great drives to only make some bad reads on the edge of the redzone and turn the ball over.

Henne has it in him to be great, he just needs to see that defense and reads better, and he did it a bunch in that game.
As far as the next 2 games go, my money is on the Dolphins winning both with Henne as the Starter,maybe a little Pennington plays mixed in, but that is for another thread.

And finally as far as dark days coming, the dark days are the past, only good football in the future for the Dolphins!

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: October 06, 2010 05:34PM

Oh Snap Crowder is back from his injury.......You playing next game man?

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: October 07, 2010 04:23AM

Long was a great pick....solid LT. Why are we harping on Ryan....you know how many other picks we could complain about....how are we going to fix the problem now with what we have?

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 07, 2010 06:09AM

> The trolls come out after we lose. And if they're not trolls, then they're fair weather fans, which are worse than trolls.

Well said Futt.

Yeah they stunk it up, but grow up people. It wll be okay. we have work to do, stop ther whining

Date: October 07, 2010 11:01AM

If you give Henne the idea that he'll be the starter no matter what, he's going to have no incentive to improve.

Posted by: GA FinFan ()
Date: October 07, 2010 04:45PM

You can't hit on every draft pick. How many people were screaming for Brady Quinn. We got a d#@$ good player in Jake Long and I am happy about that we got a stud corner in Davis. Wallace and Moore look like they could be special players. Henne's played really well for the most part, but there's has been some poor and suspect play calling from Hennig.

Sparano coached this team to a division title after a 1 and way too many to count season. There have been some set backs but I think overall he has done a good job putting a competitive team together. We went on the road and beat a really good defensive unit in Minnesota. I don't see a game on the schedule that we have no chnace of winning.

My question is why has the Phins defense seem to play so bad at home.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 08, 2010 04:26AM

GA FinFan Wrote:
> You can't hit on every draft pick. How many people
> were screaming for Brady Quinn.

a LOT of people were. But hey, he's ahead of Tebow on the depth chart!

>
> My question is why has the Phins defense seem to
> play so bad at home.

I don't think they played so bad. They gave up one long drive and that was it. Every other NE score was turnover or special teams related, I'm pretty sure. The D played well enough against the Pats' offense to win the game, IMO

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 08, 2010 05:13AM

JC Wrote:
> I don't think they played so bad. They gave up
> one long drive and that was it. Every other NE
> score was turnover or special teams related, I'm
> pretty sure. The D played well enough against the
> Pats' offense to win the game, IMO

Last year the D lost at least 3 games for us, effectively knocking us out of the playoffs. This year it's special teams. Take away those mistakes and we may be 4-0. When the hell are we going to get this straight?!! And, when the hell are we going to STOP blaming the offense (although I still think we should bury the wildcat)?!

Posted by: Fleetlord ()
Date: January 06, 2011 06:37PM

As I predicted, The Dark Days are HERE!!

Ross tried to get move on from Sporano, got talked into keeping Ireland by CARL PETERSEN, and got dissed by all the coaches they approached...

They handled this even worse than I anticipated. They let Sporano linger while the Petersen gang went to hire his replacement...with bags of money...and zero integrity.

Now wonder Harbaugh didn't come over. Who would coach for these snakes?

Who will ever trust Ireland now? What player will WANT to play here other than for a paycheck.

This is the bottom of the barrell, folks. We're swimming in the sewers now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2011 06:39PM by Fleetlord.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 06, 2011 06:40PM

YEAHHHH I get to see Thigpen play!!

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: January 06, 2011 06:41PM

yup. Said I didn't like the way Ross was doing it behind sporanos back, he got it right up his ass. I am not even interested in this team now. The soured me

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.