HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          WHERE ARE ALL YOU HENNE LOVERS NOW!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: WHERE ARE ALL YOU HENNE LOVERS NOW!
Posted by: opus ()
Date: October 05, 2010 03:24PM

I am not as bothered by the pics as I am by him throwing every 5th ball straight into the ground!!! That tells me he is holding onto the ball to long even on the subliminal level where it is impacting his throwing motion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 05, 2010 03:49PM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DaytonaDolfan13 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 1st down INTs thats what happened right? We
> > should've had the BALLS to run the WILDCAT on
> > those 1st downs. Those 2 plays and we win last
> > night.
>
>
>
> Actually, we still have a blocked punt at our 10
> yard line, a kickoff returned for a TD against us,
> and a blocked FG returned for a TD against us.

And add to that the fact that Brandon Marshall runs across the field and stops his pattern when Henne throws the ball resulting in a pick 6.

I don't blame Henne for that in the least and all of the announcers took up for him.

So that's 28 points when you add up the two blocked kicks for TDS and the Kickoff return with that pick 6.

The score was 41-14 New England. Take away those 28 and you are left with 14-13 Miami. Henne actually would have won the game all other things being equal.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: October 05, 2010 03:53PM

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: October 05, 2010 04:07PM

Facts are facts, most other NFL fans of other teams I saw today, (yes I'm wearing my Dolphins baseball hat today), laugh at me for Henne's play. They at least say we "blew it with all those pics." Facts are facts, you cannot win football games turning the football over - Jimmy Johnson.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 05, 2010 04:08PM

DolfanMike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bunk about Alex Smith? I think not. Go to SFGATE
> and read the comment section
>
> Wow, you are a master of research. You found some
> anti Henne rantings by some acid tripping gay
> hippy fan of an 0-4 team that is ready to leave
> town. Yea, that is the clincher. Henne must be
> gone because some jaded 49er fan says so. You are
> soooo right here.

DolfanMike, that is some funny sh*t... Thanks for not being boring with your responses,,,,I am still laughing, and I agree, but the visual you painted, far outweighs any of the negative abandon Henne comments, I had to read to get to your response.....Rotflmao

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: October 05, 2010 04:12PM

According to Sparano, Henne made two incorrect reads all night. That's pretty darn good. Henne is on pace for a 64% completion rate, 3600 yards, 20 TD, and 16 INT. He's not the problem. We need an infusion of youth into the running game, an improved interior of the o-line, a quality #2 TE, another explosive WR, more depth on the d-line, outside linebackers who can play the run, a better ILB than Tim Dobbins or Bobby Carpenter, more pass rush from anyone not named Wake, and much, much, much better all around special teams play.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: October 05, 2010 04:21PM

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: October 05, 2010 04:39PM

ZINGER!

Date: October 05, 2010 08:57PM

While you laugh and make excuses for Henne's terrible play, Green Bay will probably set us back a loss. Meanwhile you will blame the cold weather on another three picks.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 06, 2010 01:55AM

Would you please go back to you jests board? Seriously....this trolling has gotten real old, real quick.

Welead, just go away, dude. Seriously. Trolling is silly.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: October 06, 2010 04:44AM

Posted by: jimmmyd3 ()
Date: October 06, 2010 07:18AM

Henne reminds me of "Neil O'Donnel" in the Super Bowl . He threw those first 2 picks right to the defenders. Its like he gets Dyslexic or Brain Cloud if you will . If you watch the replay of the game his 7th pass was right in the ground for no reason at all, he had plenty of time, didn't step into the throw and Hartline was wide open. Also if your not comfortable in Shot Gun then sit down "backup"!

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: October 06, 2010 07:28AM

Date: October 06, 2010 08:22AM

Aqua, same to you, your posts are one liners which nobody finds funny. My prediction versus the Packers are that you will blame the "weather" on Henne's three picks. Huh dude? Where are the check downs that other NFL QB's use to freeze the corners? I still haven't seen Henne's puck fake. Does he even have one? I'm just saying he lacks FIRE as a leader, and with Pennington in there the entire O will be more motivated.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 06, 2010 08:30AM

Look if we lose the next two games, then I say bring in Pennington for a couple of game's to see if that makes a differance, and if it does or doesnt then we will all know about Henne and how he runs this offense.

HOWEVER I will always diss our O-cordinator, untill he is fired, and pray that we get a Brian Shotenhiemer, or somone with that skill set.

I don't really think the QB is the problem as much as the plays being called.

We dont use the shotgun but maybe once twice a game. We are always under center, and our interior lineman including our center is weak, not Incognito, but Berger and whoever is the flavor this week for starting right guard.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 06, 2010 08:59AM

If we lose the next two games, I say we bring in Thigpen. If we can't protect our quarterback any better than we have been protecting Henne, then we will see nothing but endless sacks of Pennington interrupted only by the time the ball is knocked out of his hand for a fumble or some weak floater that is picked off for a pick 6.

I say there is no problem with Henne that better pass protection won't cure but if there is a change, it should go to Thigpen, not Pennington.

Hey, why do you think the NYJets let him go for an Old man who they subsequently let go for Sanchez?

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 06, 2010 09:27AM

With respect to the subject of the post, I'm right here. He had a bad night. Prior to Monday night, his ONLY interception in 3 games was a tipped (though, admittedly off target) pass on 4th and do-or-die to end the game.

Don't get me wrong, he still has a ton of stuff to work on, and I can even believe that BP might have uttered some disappointment in his progress.

BUT:
- his current rating is 10.9 points higher than last year's
- his yards per attempt is a very respectable 7.3 over last year's 6.4. This is a really good QB maturity data point. It means he's achieving some form of improvement in the combination of accuracy and attempting throws further down the field.
- while I don't think Henne/Marshall chemistry is near perfect, they've been effective.

To be completely honest, this is about where I thought he would be at this point. Maybe 1 more TD and/or 1 fewer INT, but nothing remarkably different.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 06, 2010 02:03PM

Well, I understand that point of view entirely. While I did see what you saw, I also saw a photo of Henne on the sideline looking very morose, and I saw his reaction when he was told that he was being pulled in favor of Thigpen.

Rick

Date: October 06, 2010 02:24PM

Eesti, what is a "Pogue Colonel"? and does(he/she/it) always say such obscure things?

Rick

Date: October 08, 2010 08:24AM

"Henne's terrible play"
Were we watching the same game? Check a dictionary for a definition of the word "terrible". Then apologize for so badly misusing it.

Rick

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.