HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          WHERE ARE ALL YOU HENNE LOVERS NOW!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: WHERE ARE ALL YOU HENNE LOVERS NOW!
Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: October 05, 2010 06:57AM

Some of you guys just crack me up. Blame the QB, Fire the coach, Draft another QB. He's smiling in the side lines. He has no passion. He can't lead.
Give it a break!!

Guys, the special teams lost this game plain and simple. You can't give 21 points to NE and expect anything good to happen.
You want someone fired, then fire the ST coach. And while he is on the way out, slap the S--- out of Sparano for hiring him.

With good ST play we win this game. Even with the two Interception. The Pick 6 would not have happened cause we would have been in the lead.

Give it some rest guys, you're pissed at the wrong thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 05, 2010 07:05AM

100% agreed with Leon.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 05, 2010 07:21AM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 05, 2010 07:59AM

I agree ST's was the main cause for the loss but we played bad on all levels and I said as much in the last message...that it was not all Hennes fault....but we still have to face the fact that he MAY not be the answer. Those were some awful looking picks he threw last night. QB's don't get but a couple years to prove their worth these days and time is running out...see Trent Edwards, etc.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: October 05, 2010 08:02AM

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: October 05, 2010 08:12AM

Leon is right. Chad Henne has just now gotten 1 season of starts under his belt. 1 f'in season. You people want a pro-bowl QB to step in and make everything better without him having the time to get experience at this level. The guy has tools that every elite QB needs and as much as you guys say he has no passion, just the other week the same people were commenting on how he has "nerves of steel" and how "he really keeps his emotions in check". Which is it? Is he just a reserved player than doesn't flip out over an interception or is he a heartless devoid leader? You have to have a short memory in the NFL. When you throw a pick, you have to get over it and get over it quick or you end up with zero confidence and things get worse. My guess is all of you ripping him for laughing on the sideline with Pennington was that Pennington was trying his damnedest to get Henne to just forget what was going on. You say put in Pennington but Pennington was the one making Henne smile!

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: October 05, 2010 08:17AM

This is the reason why we will always be fighting the bottom half of the standing. We put up with players just having a bad day or having to do more then what they are supposed to do. He is nothing spectacular by any means and there is no flare in him. He has the same expression all the time. Even if we take the interceptions which have been few out of the mix, he just does not have the accuracy or confidence to make big throws. How many throws have been off mark, or have landed two to three feet in front of the receiver. How many throws have been knocked down at the line. There is some bad fundamentals and it is not sitting well with me. It seems to be a lack of confidence or indecision.

I would love for him to prove me wrong, but I would hate it more if three years from now we are still 7-9, 8-8 or even worse 6-10 and saying he just had a bad game.

Date: October 05, 2010 08:20AM

Mark Sanchez played worse in week 1 against the Ravens than Henne did last night. How many INTs did Peyton Manning throw yesterday? How's Drew Brees doing lately?

Remember when Tom Brady played so poorly against us a few years ago that he got his ass BENCHED in the second half?

Get a grip.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 05, 2010 08:28AM

I guess you can, but how do you replace him at this late date? Is Rizzi the answer? He was part of the coaches group that created the problem. Sparano says " he does things his own way", but he doesn't have much NFL experience. How much did he learn from Bonamego, and is that a bad thing? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Rick

Date: October 05, 2010 08:32AM

Maybe Pennington said something humorous to try to buck the kid up. That's one of the things Penny's for. Henne didn't smile very long.

Rick

Date: October 05, 2010 08:36AM

You're right, except that Henne threw four picks. The fourth one was completely on Hartline, however. It hit him in both hands. As the little girl says, "When it rains, it pours."

Rick

Date: October 05, 2010 08:38AM

No. We got killed last night by the other team.

Rick

Date: October 05, 2010 08:51AM

I assume from this nonsense that you never saw other QB's that acted EXACTLY the same way as Henne does, and were damn successful. In my opinion, Marino was the exception, not the rule. Johnny Unitas was a cold fish on the field. So was Joe Montana, Bart Starr, Otto Graham, Kenny Anderson, Phil Simms, and many other great QB's. An icy demeanor on the field is, I think, an asset in your QB.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2010 08:52AM by dolphan4545.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: October 05, 2010 09:10AM

dolphan4545 I agree about being a cold fish I don't want the guy making a clown of himself either and I have never said Henne lost us the game. I am neither a supporter of Henne nor a hater I am middle of the road until this year is over.

I can only compare it to myself I played soccer in college and play football in a local league just a bunch of us guys playing some ball. When a mistake happens and we are losing the game I hurt and I am mad. Mad we missed a block mad I dropped a pass mad we got burnt on a play. Same is true with my military training when I make a mistake or a mission goes wrong I am pissed cause I am very competative. If your getting your ass handed to you not to much I would be smiling about not just Henne but any player. I feel the same about a player who is losing a game with little time left and then he makes a good play and starts to celebrate. Nothing to be happy about dude your losing the game!

I just don't see the commmand presence I would expect from a franchise QB.

Posted by: Venom65437 ()
Date: October 05, 2010 09:41AM

No arm... LoL. Please, just stop posting.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 05, 2010 09:58AM

ranger1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bradford is the real deal. I rarely sing praises
> to a rookie but sometimes you see it early on and
> with Bradford I saw it in College. The guy will be
> a good QB in the NFL. After 2 yrs the verdict is
> still out on Henne. As for Sanchez the verdict is
> still waaaay out on him also. Sanchez is not as
> good as his hype

The big question on Bradford is his ability to hold up physically -- if he does he has a chance to be great. There's NO CHANCE Henne will ever be better than a journeyman IMO. But right now the best young QB in the league is Ryan and we wiffed on him.

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: October 05, 2010 10:09AM

I'm not a Chad Henne fan. I'd prefer to have Chad Pennington in for this season. I'm well aware of Henne's college career and he did not impress me at Michigan State. Go look at his TD/INT ration as a senior during 2007. Not impressive, neither is the loss to lowly Appalachian St. Having said that, his lack of seizing the moment led to a letdown of the entire team. His momentum killing INT's are what lost last night's game. Special Teams would not have been on the field had Henne done his job.

Date: October 05, 2010 10:20AM

This comment makes no sense to me. If Hennepin would of done his job and scored then special teams end up on the field either way if they don't and go 3 and out then special teams goes on the field. Please explain cause I'm confused

Date: October 05, 2010 10:22AM

Simple, if Henne scores the TD there is no PUNT. If Henne scores the TD there is no FG try. I doubt the Patriots will run back three kickoffs.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 05, 2010 10:25AM

Date: October 05, 2010 10:29AM

Welead Wrote:
> Simple, if Henne scores the TD there is no PUNT.

No. But their is a kick off and an extra point attempt both of which can lead to a pats td, oh wait they did lead to a pats td.

> If Henne scores the TD there is no FG try. I doubt
> the Patriots will run back three kickoffs.

Please note point #1 I believe it address both scenarios

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 05, 2010 10:31AM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 05, 2010 11:45AM

Welead Wrote:
> I'm not a Chad Henne fan. I'd prefer to have Chad
> Pennington in for this season. I'm well aware of
> Henne's college career and he did not impress me
> at Michigan State.

You're well aware of Henne's college career, are you? Well, I can see why he didn't impress you at Michigan State. Seeing as he didn't even go to that school.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: October 05, 2010 11:58AM

I went to PSU. I hated Henne. Do you guys have any idea how hard it was for me to embrace him?

I still have nightmares about 2005 when we played in the Big House and he marched down the field and won the game on the final play...

IF I CAN ACCEPT HENNE, THEN YOU ALL CAN...hahah...

Date: October 05, 2010 01:31PM

Michegan, Michigan State, you know what I'm talking about. Henne killed momentum in the first half with two picks. That's deflating any team. And you know what that I'm talking about Henne leading the team to a TD, I knew you did.

Date: October 05, 2010 01:35PM

Henne is Jay Fiedler with a somewhat stronger arm. I've wasted how many years with coaches and fans who still want to give the poor QB another year to develop. Even Marino picks apart Henne's play. Even the 49 fans compare him to Alex Smith and claim the Niners aren't so bad off.

Date: October 05, 2010 01:37PM

That's bunk and you know it, too. Smith is one of the worst QBs I have ever seen in the NFL. He's worse than Trent Edwards.

Date: October 05, 2010 01:49PM

On Henne's switch: "there's no truth to that RIGHT NOW" coach Sparano. So you see he's not even getting a resounding vote of confidence from the HC. It's also a rumor Parcell's was "very dissapointed" in Henne's development. Fans who only see the Henne's stats and not the win/loss record are deluding themselves. Start Penny.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 05, 2010 01:50PM

Henne your fired. Time to bring in Todd Collins!!! lol...

Date: October 05, 2010 02:01PM

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.