HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          WHERE ARE ALL YOU HENNE LOVERS NOW!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
WHERE ARE ALL YOU HENNE LOVERS NOW!
Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: October 04, 2010 06:16PM

What do you guys have to say about keeping him? No Passion, no ARM, bad reads. Need I go on.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WHERE ARE ALL YOU HENNE LOVERS NOW!
Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: October 04, 2010 06:18PM

I am right here! I am not jumping ship on the kid yet. Bad game no doubt but I'll wait to the end of the season before I make my decision

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 04, 2010 06:19PM

I don't think I qualify as his 'lover' but I say keep him.

He had a crap game but I say keep him.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 04, 2010 06:20PM

I think Henne played pretty well on the whole and is clearly a good enough QB for a team with competent special teams (read: special teams that don't give up 21 points) to win with.

He threw interceptions. Hey, quarterbacks throw interceptions. He also threw a couple of nice TD passes, made some clutch 3rd down throws, and racked up a lot of yardage. Throwing a pick-six in garbage time when you're pressing out of desperation is hardly something to throw the guy out on the street for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2010 06:22PM by (R/J)ay.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 04, 2010 06:21PM

I'm right here. "Special teams" and Bonamego lost this one. Can you fire a coach mid-season?

Rick

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: October 04, 2010 06:22PM

Posted by: buckeyefishfan ()
Date: October 04, 2010 06:23PM

Right here pal. No arm...really? No passion...how can you tell? Do you want Henne to play special teams too? He made a couple of bad throws early that resulted in picks. That is obvious. But he also bounced back and drove the team to within 6 points before the defense and special teams imploded. Crawl back into your cave.

Date: October 04, 2010 06:27PM

I was 80% in favor of Henne up until 3 seconds ago. The camera shows him smiling and chatting it up with Pennington on the sideline. If I am Henne I see nothing to be smiling about. This shows me something in the kid I don't like. When the phins were losing you saw the pain and anguish in Marinos face. Now I am 40% on Henne. The guys who care don't find nothing to smile about after a game like this

Posted by: KC FinFan ()
Date: October 04, 2010 06:29PM

I would have to say this is the first bad game by Henne. But the specials teams open this game wide open.

Posted by: sickofit ()
Date: October 04, 2010 06:30PM

EXACTLY!!!!!! Finally you are seeing the light!

WTF is that dumbass loser doing on the sidelines smiling? and chatting like he's at a carnival? Are u kidding me?

That is like a knife in the heart of every Dolfan.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 04, 2010 06:40PM

Remember that Henne threw 3 interceptions.

The first two killed our drives but did not result in any points.

The third resulted in a touchdown but even the announcers immediately blamed Brandon Marshall for breaking off his route.

Moreover, the first near interception thrown by Thigpen nearly mirrored Henne's first 2 picks. The point I'm making is that a wily defensive coordinator for the Patriots is taking advantage of something he sees just like the Jets defensive coordinator took advantage of Ryan Fitzpatrick's youth to all out blitz him all day long.

So far NE and NYJ have it over Mia and Buff in coaching.

Yes, I'm totally defending Henne.

And By the F'ing way. We were running the ball consistently but even in the second quarter instead of playing "Okay, if you can't stop the run, we'll run it down your throat, we played "Henne can beat Brady at his own passing game."

Again, it's coaching, not Henne.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 04, 2010 06:40PM

It's all about $$$$$.

Date: October 04, 2010 07:07PM

Chyren my point is simple the guys that have that fire don't smile after a game like this you don't see manning, Brady, farve, brees sitting around smiling on the sideline. When the phins were losing Marino sat there screaming at his guys once I saw him pick up a cooler and throw it. That's the kind of fire I don't see in this kid and if he doesn't have it then he is not the guy we have been looking for

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 04, 2010 07:24PM

There should have been no smiles on the part of any Dolphin tonight after half time. Whatever was said to Henne must have been a doozy.

"Hey, what do the we (Dolphins) have in common with Murphy's Law?

Response: "Everything!"

Maybe that's what he was smiling about.

----
Marino was extremely competitive and showed his emotions often when things didn't go as planned. He would get on his team mates when they screwed up. He smiled when the team was winning handsomely. He was intense and very business like. Henne is no Marino in many ways.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 04, 2010 09:46PM

Obviously I didn't see what you saw. I saw Henne on the sideline extremely upset and frustrated when Thigpen went in. Of course, all viewers don't necessarily see all of the same shots all of the time. Maybe, I was not looking at that particular camera shot.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: October 04, 2010 10:27PM

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: October 05, 2010 01:51AM

I didn't see any passion what so ever. I have never seen it out of him. I hate Brady, but he will get in someone's ass if they mess up. He has to be a leader. And I have seen ok passes, but he has stunk up the place since I have been watching and I have not missed a game in four years. We would all agree if you keep the quarterback in long enough, he will have a good game, but he is not our answer. I saw more fire in one series with Thigpen then all season with Henne.

Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: October 05, 2010 01:58AM

I still think Henne is our QB of the future. Yes, he had a bad freakn' game. Every QB has a few stinkers now and then.

Do I hate the fact that we totally got the crap kicked out of us last night? yep, but I'm more upset with special teams and another year of a poor defense (when it was supposed to be an attacking "offensive" defense" then Henne's bad game.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 05, 2010 02:48AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can you fire a coach mid-season?

I certainly hope so!

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: October 05, 2010 03:21AM

Eh, Henne will be alright. He messed up, but hey...the entire F-ing team did, too.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 05, 2010 03:23AM

Date: October 05, 2010 03:37AM

I am not blaming Henne for the loss, 2 int's don't help but the team did not lose cause of Henne, let's be clear about that. A leader and a competitor burn with anguish when he is getting beat, I don't see that fire in him. Like I said 80% towards the end of the game 40% after that shot of him in the sidelines. He has the arm strengh, he has the size but right now I just don't know if he "has it" I like my QB to be as pissed as me when they lose.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: October 05, 2010 04:13AM

1st down INTs thats what happened right? We should've had the BALLS to run the WILDCAT on those 1st downs. Those 2 plays and we win last night.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 05, 2010 04:25AM

DaytonaDolfan13 Wrote:
> 1st down INTs thats what happened right? We
> should've had the BALLS to run the WILDCAT on
> those 1st downs. Those 2 plays and we win last
> night.

LOL now we *should* have used the wildcat more. I credit you for being original; I've seen about 150 posts in the past week saying that running the wildcat is the root of all our problems.

Well you're right about one thing. Less chance of interception within the wildcat. The way things were going last night (i.e., Murphy's Law on the gridiron), we probably would have had multiple fumbles out of the wildcat.

Posted by: Sprout ()
Date: October 05, 2010 04:32AM

I puked this morning when I realized Sanchez is a hell of alot better then henne. Hell I wish We had bradford even he makes better reads in only 4 games he has played.

Fire special teams.
Learn to @#$%& stop the run on def
and put penny in we might come out 9-7 MIGHT

Date: October 05, 2010 04:35AM

Bradford is the real deal. I rarely sing praises to a rookie but sometimes you see it early on and with Bradford I saw it in College. The guy will be a good QB in the NFL. After 2 yrs the verdict is still out on Henne. As for Sanchez the verdict is still waaaay out on him also. Sanchez is not as good as his hype

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: October 05, 2010 04:40AM

Sanchez looks good right now because the team around him is fantastic...unfortunately.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 05, 2010 05:04AM

DaytonaDolfan13 Wrote:
> 1st down INTs thats what happened right? We
> should've had the BALLS to run the WILDCAT on
> those 1st downs. Those 2 plays and we win last
> night.

Actually, we still have a blocked punt at our 10 yard line, a kickoff returned for a TD against us, and a blocked FG returned for a TD against us.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 05, 2010 06:35AM

I was livid last night sitting at a sports bar listening to NE fans cheer but I am not going to proclaim the sky is falling just yet.

Brett Favre and Peyton Manning had those days and still do. Henne didn't allow a punt AND a FG to get blocked or allow a KO for a TD. There is plenty of blame to go around for the Miami Dolphins and it doesn't rest solely on the shoulders of Chad Henne.

Jake Long gave up a sack and many pressures to Tully Banta-Cain of all people. Do you think he had a good game? Or should we fire him too.

Henne is not looking like a franchise QB and may not be the future but we all had better hope that he can be because Thigpen did not look good either and Pennington is definitely not the answer.

We may end up having to actually spend a first round pick on a QB instead of trying to pluck one from the middle of the second round or on a fad like Pat White. Instead of trading down for a DE maybe we should have been trading up for Sam Bradford...who actually looks like a franchise QB.

It may come to that but it is way too early to panic at this point.

The defense looked horendous...should we fire Mike Nolan too? That game made everyone look like fools....HC, DC, OC, ST's, offense and defense. I have not seen a game that bad since the 62-7 loss to Jacksonville.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 05, 2010 06:45AM

We may end up having to actually spend a first round pick on a QB instead of trying to pluck one from the middle of the second round or on a fad like Pat White. Instead of trading down for a DE maybe we should have been trading up for Sam Bradford...who actually looks like a franchise QB

Exactly my thoughts!!!!! Time to draft a QB, or use Ross' money to lure a real QB like a Brees or Brady.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.