HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Running backs
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Running backs
Posted by: jimmmyd3 ()
Date: September 30, 2010 05:23AM

Here's an idea: Why not use Hilliard in the first half of the game to soften up the defense, and the old man Ricky Williams in the second half when the defense is worn out

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Running backs
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: September 30, 2010 05:52AM

Posted by: jimmmyd3 ()
Date: September 30, 2010 06:49AM

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: September 30, 2010 07:30AM

I know the answer is no Hilliard is not better than Ricky period end of discussion, and whats wrong with saying what if we had this player it's all part of the fun.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 30, 2010 07:47AM

I'd like to see us give Cobbs some chances in the regular set. He's not as fumble prone as Ricky.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 30, 2010 04:46PM

We needed to draft an RB and we didn't. Lynch would be nice but doubtful they would trade in the division

Posted by: opus ()
Date: September 30, 2010 05:06PM

Did I miss something??? Did Ronnie die or something???

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: October 01, 2010 02:38AM

Ronnie Brown is a free agent after this season. And as much as I think he's a great player, he's getting up there in years and has never been able to stay healthy.

If we can sign him to a reasonable deal then draft a speed back who can occasionally split to wide-out...man oh man...the possibilities...

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 01, 2010 07:42AM

Frankly I don't see the infatuation with Hilliard. He had a couple of decent plays last year and plays ST's....he collects a few tackles but is not a great ST player. I don't see him ever amounting to anything special and surely wouldn't play him in the base offense.

Cobbs was a great role player for us a few years ago but does not seem to be the same since the injury.

I would have loved to see Kory Sheets ahead of both of these guys get his shot but he is another player that is going to be hard pressed to come back from the injury and earn a spot.

Ricky and Ronnie are the bread and butter of the running game and I believe this is the last year for Ricky as a Dolphin. He seems to have lost a bit.

We could have an entirely different RB crew next year...especially if Ronnie gets hurt again. We will probably be drafting one in the second round if not sooner.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 01, 2010 08:03AM

Brown is currently on pace for 197 carries and 1061 yards...he's not done but I think he has lost a step. IMHO, Williams should be seriously looked at for replacement in the off season.

I think we need to draft another potential feature back in the 2011 draft. I'd use our first round pick to get one. Then I'd grab a WR in the second...

As for Hilliard, I don't think he's shifty enough to be the featured back and get 5.0 yards per carry on a regular basis.

Then there is Cobbs...I like him a lot for his versatility but I'm not sure he can carry the load of 20+ carries a game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2010 08:06AM by Ken.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 01, 2010 08:55AM

we don't have a 2d

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 01, 2010 10:08AM

...and Parcels has never taken one in the 1st round. Will Ireland now that he is in charge? Time will tell...it's either first or 3rd unless we can get a 2nd round pick somehow.

We will probably also be looking at some guards and tackles next year for depth and possibly to find an upgrade for Incognito as he is only signed for one year. No guarantee on Jerry being the long term answer. We thought Thomas was and he is now gone.

Garner is an RFA next year and has broken the same foot twice now.

Other needs are ILB and maybe OLB to a lesser degree, KR/PR and TE.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 01, 2010 05:27PM

I agree fellas Ronnie needs to walk, and Ricky just doesnt have the same speed and Hillis is A BEAST to bad we didnt go after him.

I just noticed somthing about the simularity between this post and the one where I said what I feel we needed next year and I get ridiculed up and down for making a post about needs for next offseason, yet this one is all peachy and hunky dory.

Oh yeah thats because SAM Sam, Ranger1 and A&O has yet to comment on this one and in my post these guys who are posting in this one have yet to make a comment on mine, mostly because they are mature level headed cool guys.

LOLeye popping smiley Interesting coincidance....... ohhh man

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: October 02, 2010 02:05AM

Mia1, quit picking fights or I will buy whatever games you play on XBox Live, jump into your party, and embarrass you in front of your buddies with a serious beatdown.

smileys with beer

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 02, 2010 05:14AM

TheFutt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mia1, quit picking fights or I will buy whatever
> games you play on XBox Live, jump into your party,
> and embarrass you in front of your buddies with a
> serious beatdown.
>
> smileys with beer

You too late futt....we are way ahead of that part of the game. smileys with beer

PS. Almost at the end of the game now.....and the scarecrow seems to want to be embarrassed over and over and over.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 06, 2010 02:26PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> we don't have a 2d

RE: Good point.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 07, 2010 08:47AM

The original suggestion was great. Pound, Pound, Pound and wear out the d-line. Then, in the fourth quarter when they are tired, put in the guy who delivers a punch when he is tackled.

See this is the kind of thinking our brain dead coaches never even begin to think of.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.