HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          what the crap was that?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
what the crap was that?
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: September 26, 2010 07:00PM

ok first let me apologize because I am a bit angry right now. Just what the hell is this team doing? horrible tackling STUPID playcalling, i mean why not run a power dive at the end instead of all the passes mainly that idiotic damn pass to ronnie!! Chad needs to get some guts and run the damn ball himself if thats the best he could see. Jason Allen you disgust me! for such a great game last week he looked horrible get some splinter in your butt dude you should be benched. I cannot believe on the 3rd and 10 he didnt cover underneath, for gods sake they teach that in pop warner. I am just completely annoyed at this team right now. Henning needs a gut check and needs to start being an OC. This was a terrible game for them to lose they needed to make a statement and all they did was show that they are a joke and spent a ton of money and dont know how to use it. I bet Marino is screaming right now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what the crap was that?
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 26, 2010 07:10PM

We weren't getting any holes inside. I think we were really missing John Jerry.

I don't know what to say about Jason Allen. He was out of position on the first Edwards TD. On the 2nd he tried to turn around but got clocked by Edwards. I think that one could have gone either way. Thing is, if it was Sean Smith, I think it may have been worse.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 26, 2010 07:10PM

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: September 26, 2010 07:21PM

I didn't say from the 10 on 3rd and goal, i'm just saying they could have ran a draw a screen pass, something other than what everyone in the freaking nation knew they were going to do. I realize its easier to say should have and would have from the comfort of the couch but then I am not getting paid flipping millions to make mistakes. And yeah we are all 2-1 so its not gloomy but don't you think they need to make some changes or do something differently?? I still just cant get over Jason Allen and that ridiculous pass to brown. This guy has turned into a marshmallow he doesn't seem to have heart, i dont know but he just doesn't seem to pound the rock anymore.

Posted by: Fin fan24 ()
Date: September 26, 2010 07:23PM

I had more of a problem with the passes when we were second and goal from the 2 in the third quarter and had to kick a field goal

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 26, 2010 07:26PM

Some play calling was lame tonight. Defense also looked sloppy at times. The Jets played a better game is what it came down to.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 26, 2010 07:28PM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 26, 2010 07:43PM

Fin fan24 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had more of a problem with the passes when we
> were second and goal from the 2 in the third
> quarter and had to kick a field goal

RESPONSE: PRECISELY!

Date: September 26, 2010 08:31PM

The one that pissed me off the most was on the 2 yard line we threw it twice, FIRE HENNINGS ASS!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 27, 2010 03:00AM

"The Jets played a better game is what it came down to."

I waited and waited all day for this game, listened to the hype that favored the Dolphins for the most part, and then when the game starts, in short order the team is down 14 zip.

The Dolphins looked hesitant (unsure of themselves) and it was clearly visible in the 1st quarter.

Coaching played a big role in this game and I sensed that the Jets were a step or two ahead of us most of the game.

Special teams still allows too much ground on kick off and punt returns. Booting the ball out of bounds didn't help much and Jason Allen made too many mental errors--the biggest was the Braylon Edwards TD. That was discouraging. He also "tried" to fake that he caught the deflection when he knew the ball hit the ground. I'm sorry but that doesn't work in my book. It's time to let him go, however, Sean Smith, isn't quite up to being on the first team this year.

When we get down to the 2 yard line and can't come up with a play to win, something is wrong with our coaching. Being out coached and out played marginally, resulted in the Jet's squeaking by with a victory.

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 03:10AM

Play calling lost this game for us. Nothing else needs to be said. It sends a big message to the team when you don't run it on the two yard line. Plus when you only put single coverage on Edwards there is something wrong with the defensive calling. This was on the coaching.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 04:01AM

I hate to say it but they just outplayed us. If we can't beat them in Miami, Ny might be a tougher place to win. We are all 2-1 (us, pats,jets) we have to hope we beat the pats and the jets lose to buffalo in buffalo.

Posted by: miamidj1 ()
Date: September 28, 2010 11:02AM

of all the statements I read, I totally agree that the JETS seem to be a step or two ahead of us, we lacked passion or energy with a full stadium of supporters we failed to take advantage of our opportunity, may be the coaching staff will give this game a full evaluation of all phases and get in those players faces and make them responsible for sloppy play and then look at the the coaching staff and see they have to provide the best opportunity for the players to win with solid coaching and good decision making

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 28, 2010 11:40AM

Posted by: psalm462

Play calling lost this game for us. Nothing else needs to be said.

Posted by: dolfan1

I hate to say it but they just outplayed us.

RESPONSE: Both of these are true. Translation: We could have "stole" one from the Jets given the lucky breaks we had and the bad luck the Jets suffered (they recovered only one of Ricky's fumbles) but the reality is that our "good luck" was negated by the bad play calling.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.