HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I Hate 99
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I Hate 99
Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: September 21, 2010 09:12AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I Hate 99
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 21, 2010 09:14AM

Whos 99?

JT?

Hambone with a 99 jersey?

Hambone = the jets headcoach BTW.

Re: I Hate the Jets - not particularly 99
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 21, 2010 09:30AM

This point of view seems short-sighted to me. I hate the Jets, too. I don't hate the individual players. They play for any team that will pay them. JT is no different. He needed a job, the Jests were willing to pay him, we weren't, so there he is.

Rick

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 21, 2010 09:30AM

Where I live it means you hate a local chain of restaurants. "the Ninety Nine". Kind of New England's answer to "Applebees". Needless to say, I haven't been to the 99 restaurant.

But I'll bet Ghotirule is referring to Jason Taylor. I loved JT when he played for us. I was glad he was gone when he had a big contract and a bad season with the Skins. I was glad to see him return with a hometown discount. And now I'm done with him altogether. He could have stayed with us, he could have made the deal work. But he's become an irrational drama queen in his old age. Kind of like Favre. Let's hope he's equally ineffective against us smileys with beer

Re: I Hate the Jets - not particularly 99
Date: September 21, 2010 09:41AM

Date: September 21, 2010 09:49AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 21, 2010 09:50AM

I don't see how you can really hold it against JT for going to the jets. We were jerking him around and daring him to leave. He would have signed with us for less money, had we made him an offer. We didn't want him, he's got a right to earn a living. So, while I hate the jets and want JT to do terribly on Sunday, I don't hate him at all. I'll reserve my hate for the rest of that team and their fat d-bag of a coach.

Date: September 21, 2010 09:51AM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 21, 2010 09:52AM

JT will never be in the same category as Zach Thomas to me.

Zach was offered money to play for the Gaytriots and turned it down, refusing to play for the enemy.

Zach is an all-time great in my book.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: bradinthecreek ()
Date: September 21, 2010 09:54AM

If it were my choice, I would never invite Taylor back to the stadium or put him in the ring of honor after he retires. Ever.

Date: September 21, 2010 09:57AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 21, 2010 10:17AM

Date: September 21, 2010 10:22AM

ghotirule Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where I live it means you hate a local chain of
> restaurants. "the Ninety Nine". Kind of New
> England's answer to "Applebees". Needless to say,
> I haven't been to the 99 restaurant.
>
>
>
> Sorry for the confusion. If I had said "Jason
> Taylor" it would not have been a Haiku.

LOL...well thanks for pointing out the haiku thing. Because I wasn't counting syllables and it went right over my head.

Let me try:

Jason Taylor stinks
Dancing With the Stars, my a$$
The Jest deserve him

Date: September 21, 2010 10:51AM

After JT riled the jet fans up like he did when we went to their house to play..????All the crap he said to them...And now he betray us.

The hell with him....

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 21, 2010 11:02AM

come on guys. he turned down more money from the pats to resign with us 2 years ago. this year we were rubbing his nose in the fact that we didn't want him and no other team offered a deal, so he took the only one left to him and sign with the jets. I agree he's not as classly as Zach or Dan but the hate seems misplaced here.

Date: September 21, 2010 11:08AM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 21, 2010 11:13AM

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: September 21, 2010 11:16AM

He went to the team he pubicly stated that he hated.

Its like saying I been worshiping Jesus, but Ghandi had a better offer so f.ck off, and Im outta here.

It seriously is the same thing which is completely classless.

Ive slapped people for less than that.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 24, 2010 07:17AM

I've heard that football is some people's religion, but come on! Not the same thing at all.

Rick

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: September 24, 2010 07:31AM

Lol Im just saying if your hard core then live hard core, if your not then dont try to fit in.

JT is not hard core like he wanted us all to believe, because he whimped about his contract extension, and wanted the money.

He should have either waited or retired, he is acting like he is 27 again, news flash your almost 37!!!!

Acting like we needed him, and his pitiful 7 sack season. He was a luxery and needed to be acted as such. Wake, and Misi are both doing more damage this year, than he had in the past 2.

He can go kick rocks, he isnt special anymore just a average player now, because he has clearly lost some of his motor, and speed, and he is always banged up now with his shoulder.

How can you defend this guy is beyond me. He knew the unspoken rules, and broke them. Not me, or you, or this team, but he did, so go enjoy the booing, and the pancake by Jake.

Date: September 24, 2010 10:22AM

This has been beat to death and no one is changing their minds but...

If you worked at place for 10 years, were a record setting producer and then were fired....then asked to come back at 1/8 salary and shown no respect...would you just quit working all together. Close up shop and never work again?

OK...Dancing with the stars..bla bla bla...the punishment has to fit the crime. Being shunned all together does not equal missing mini camp.

Or if the competitor wined and dined you and showed that they truly appreciate your resume and offered you a job....don't even tell me you wouldn't take it. Anyone.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 24, 2010 10:29AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------
> Or if the competitor wined and dined you and
> showed that they truly appreciate your resume and
> offered you a job....don't even tell me you
> wouldn't take it. Anyone.

A competitor in business is hardly the same thing. If I had 50,000 people cheering me on every day at work, I might feel differently. I don't think the analogy sticks.

Date: September 24, 2010 10:41AM

He is almost 40. No way he is going to get paid like he was paid when he was in his 20s................

He still gets paid more than lets say phisician or doctor. So what the hell is he complaining about.

I think the minimun in the NFL is a higher salary than a doctor's salary. And a doctor job is way more important than any athlete in any sport.

But thats life. Uneven as heck.

JT cannot camplaint about $HIT.

Date: September 24, 2010 01:59PM

Like they say...it's a business....BIG business

.....................................................................................

Do The Miami dolphins need Jason Taylor?
Posted by: tboneabbott ()
Date: September 24, 2010 03:19PM

When you are a fan of a sports team many times you will fall in love with a player.
I was a big fan of Jason Taylor. I loved his leadership,drive, and attitude .But now he is the enemy, he choose to play for the stinking Jets. So I will loudly boo him .I think The Dolphin Defense Is younger and better without him. What do you think?

Tboneabbott

If you're mad at your kid, you can either raise him to be a nose tackle or send him out to play on the freeway. It's about the same.
-Bob Golic

Re: Do The Miami dolphins need Jason Taylor?
Posted by: dickyd13 ()
Date: September 24, 2010 03:43PM

he is old--- and if he is willing to go to the jets, i dont want him anyways.

Posted by: dickyd13 ()
Date: September 24, 2010 03:49PM

Rick--- you're crazy if you think JT needs the cash..... i gotta go with GHOTIRULE on this one. this piece of trash chose the jets, that is unforgivable.... period. I would not have cared who he went to, dont go there. He could have gone anywhere else in the league and would not have disrespected the DOLPHINS this much..... just shows he has no care for the Fins. Screw that traitor-bitch

Date: September 24, 2010 06:05PM

But on the other hand...who better to go to than the enemy of the team that turned its back on you.

And who are these hypothetical "other" teams? Jets were the only ones I hear that made a reasonable offer and showed interest.

Posted by: GA FinFan ()
Date: September 24, 2010 06:25PM

Jason Taylor was a great Dolphins player for many years, and stuck with the dolphins for years when the fins were playing like crap and had no chance of making the playoffs. He wanted to go out a champion. Had he received an offer from Dallas, New Orleans, or Indianapolis, or another so called contender,i am sure he would have went to one of those teams over the Jets. Lets face it the Jets were in the AFC Champtionship last year and Miami regressed.

I hate the Jets as much as anybody but I don't hate Jason Taylor, nobody here is complaining about how they hate Pennington. If Dan Marino would have decided to try and give it one more shot and play with the Jets, how could anyone say they hated Dan, after all the great games and memories he has given us Dolfans. It's totally hyprocritical I think anyone who says they hate JT, should look into the mirror when they refer to the word classless.

If you want boo JT while he is in a Jet uniform that's fine, but to say u hate JT -C'mon Man!!! Have some Respect for what he's done for the fins.

Date: September 24, 2010 08:45PM

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.