HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          We need to sign a CENTER!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: We need to sign a CENTER!
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 23, 2010 06:19AM

Ok, Ok enough with the Banter... I think GNR baby makes a point that is being overlooked and some actual joked about it here. That is the return of Jake Grove... jake Grove became a liability because of his contract and his injury problems.

SO I ask you all, would you sign Grove when healthy to a smaller contract to try and finish out the season.. The issue with Grove was if he was on the roster opening day his large salary was guaranteed, and since he was injured and has injury history the value wasnt right, and I agree with the move.. Hell all of the NFL did as well, because he passed waivers with not one team wanting to pick up that contract.

I hope the Dolphins are negotiating with Grove now, for when he is healthy to Take a pay cut, salary isnt guaranteed anymore, so you have to earn your pay for when you play. Not sure Grove would bite, but I think it betters are team and Grove is currently out of work, bettere for him to get back on the field and earn something then to sit out an entire year and get fat..lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2010 06:20AM by Crowder52.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 23, 2010 06:27AM

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 23, 2010 07:20AM

Not sure center is the big need unless you blame center for our passing yardage.

We are doing quite well in rushing (7th in the league) but weaker in passing.

I think the FO sees our defensive prowess as the key to managing wins, and is keeping the chances for turnovers lower.

I expect that ceter is way down the list of things we can do to improve our chances going forward, yet center is always an important position and a good backup is amust.

I expect we'll see a breakout of what we have done this wek and will open up the offense a little with more short passes, screens, w/cat passes, still conservative, and a few shots down field.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 23, 2010 07:56AM

I'd sign grove to a smaller contract---he was neck and neck to be the starter a few weeks ago---so why wouldn't he be good enough to be the backup? only downside is I don't think he plays 2 positions and they want flexibility there.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: September 23, 2010 08:04AM

Date: September 23, 2010 08:16AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it says an awful lot about Jake Grove that
> he hasn't signed with anyone two weeks after being
> released.

I think it has to do with his injury status vs how much he use to make... Grove has to take a huge pay cut. Most people, not just football players have a hard time with that idea, 2 weeks is nothing especially if the injury is not healed as of yet...
If and when he is healthy this season, I think it makes sense to both sides to work out a deal, that is if Grove is not to bitter about being cut. Which is entirely possible, we damaged his ego and he wants nothing to do with us.. I would love to hear some from our media try and interview him,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2010 08:18AM by Crowder52.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 23, 2010 09:14AM

I think the original idea of this post was just saying we need to sign a backup center not someone to replace Berger. This coaching staff likes versatile backups that can play multiple positions, to the best of my knowledge Grove doesn't fall into that category, the only way he comes back is if Berger starts to fail or gets injured IMO.

Date: September 23, 2010 09:26AM

Date: September 23, 2010 09:31AM

Posted by: gnrbaby ()
Date: September 23, 2010 09:47AM

ghotirule Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I get it ghotirule! I get it perfectly, which is
> why I told some of you flap-jacks to go F%#K
> yourselves. Don't dish it out if you can take it
> pal.
>
> I'm hurt. Crying even.
>
> BTW, we have a backup center. Actually, we have
> two. Do you know anything about this team?

These guys aren't listed on the depth chart as Centers! You could have said this to begin with. I guess I shouldn't post here until I've read all the scouting reports and have done a thorough investigation on each player dating back to pee-wee league. Oh, look! Proctor snapped the ball a few time during his junior year of high school - of course we have a back up center!!

Center is a very important position is it not?

I come on this board to hear what other Dolphin fans have to say, to have "CIVILIZED discussion" as Curt says, not to be mocked for no good reason after asking a perfectly reasonable question.

Date: September 23, 2010 10:06AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 23, 2010 10:59AM

It doesnt matter if they are listed as centers or not. If they can play center then we dont need to sign another use it on another position of more need.

Thats why its so important to have a versatile player that can play a couple of positions instead of just one.

Date: July 03, 2011 07:36AM

SO I found this thread when searching about a center and our needs. It seems this guy was right on point last September and everyone jumped all over him and told him to quit whining and making up things to worry about.
We need to be more understanding of others when they make statments instead of trying to run them off. GNRBaby seemed to be on point before all of us were on the right point. The more smart and different people that contribute the better. Lets try as a group to be more openminded.
Happy 4th my phins friends! Hope you have a great couple days with family and or friends and come tuesday or wednesday, we are back with our team in camp!

Date: July 03, 2011 08:26AM

Date: July 03, 2011 10:10AM

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: July 03, 2011 11:57AM

Yeah what happened to Hartwig?

Date: July 03, 2011 12:58PM

PF2, you are the moderator, who doesnt lead by example, that is funny.(I dont know about your vivid description) SO every know and then I try and get people moving in the right directions. Of course I wouldnt expect you to lead or be positive towards the community, who are beneath you, but come on dont get in the way of people being positive... What i said had nothing to do with your comments.. You deserve any Jokes people would make at you as a moderator, becasue you have this position of authority, who doesnt act like you expect others to, let alon lead in a positve way. And taken it as far as having forced people out of here you dont like or get along with after taunting them.. So you could toughen up, or try and set better example or continue to go after and taunt people you dont agree with... Life is choices. I am tough if you want to keep poking me, instead of contribute to the site in a positive manner

Date: July 03, 2011 02:14PM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 05, 2011 07:52AM

I don't think he would force anyone out who has not violated the rules in a very egregious manner, Crowder.

I didn't think MikeO was that bad but that is my opinion but Mia1 despite all his football facts and time devoted to following the team deserved to go because he had a bad understanding and went off every chance he got.

Date: July 05, 2011 09:45AM

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.