HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Happy on the outside, concerned on the inside
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Happy on the outside, concerned on the inside
Posted by: xrayd3 ()
Date: September 21, 2010 05:16AM

Believe me, no one on the planet is happier than I am about being 2-0 right now and coming home to play 2 VIP inter-division games in a row but.... The Dolphins coaching staff has escaped some pretty hairy situations already and I have some reasons to be concerned. The Dolphins D has BAILED us out of both games with some stellar play and some unbelievable turnovers but both the Offense and the coaching staff has been working against us so far. Let me explain....
The offensive scheme has all but castrated Chad Henne and his only purpose is to hand the ball off and DON'T THROW INTERCEPTIONS, That's it. Well, if that's what we want, then isn't Chad Pennington the better man for just that? In the Bills game, all we needed in the last 3 possessions was a first down and we couldn't get one giving the Bills more and more chances to squeek one out. The clock management in the last 2:30 seconds was terrible. We should have run the clock down to make them burn time outs, we didn't. When we should have passed, we ran and when we should have run, we passed incomplete stopping the clock even more often. Nonetheless.... a win over the hapless Bills, great. This Sunday against the Vikings, I almost had a heart attack in my living room. At 14-0 there wasn't a person in that stadium with a pulse and we were on our way... Ricky - fumbling on the 1 yard line handing them 7 points and lifting them right back into the game? Ronnie - giving the ball back allowing for another chance? When 11 guys on the other team KNOWS you're gonna run the ball, it makes it hard for positive yardage, again - the last 3 possessions, all we needed was a first down and we couldn't get one. This is killing me. On Sunday, 1 pass to Bess, 2 to Hartline, none to TE or RB's are you kidding me? We're gonna get Marshall killed throwing to him on every down. What happened to the Chad Henne roll out to the right side? Why haven't the Dolphins EVER run a successful screen pass to one of their RB's? Where is Cobbs? Where is Hilliard? Can I please get a return man for goodness sake? Smith doesn't scare my wife let alone anyone else on the field. The Defense almost fell apart on Sunday - coaching... Once the Vikings scored their 7, we imploded for a while. 12 men on the field on consecutive plays? Penalties late in the game? WE HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO SO I HOPE NO ONE BUYS THEIR PLAYOFF TICKETS JUST YET. We're 2-0, I couldn't be happier about that but there is a LOT OF WORK to be done so that I can watch a game on Sunday and not have to be on life support the whole time. Go FINS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Happy on the outside, concerned on the inside
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 21, 2010 05:40AM

I agree with most of what you said, especially about the offense and Clifton Smith. However "The Defense almost fell apart on Sunday" I do not agree with that assessment. The cordinator was switching out players alot to get the right mix of players (the reason we controlled Viscancoe better towards end of game), Brett Farve being a savvy veteran, saw this, didnt like it and would hike the ball quick before the player got off the field, to essentially get a free play and to try and force us to not rotate players out. Thats is a veteran Qb hurting you, not our Defense almost falling apart IMO.

We held them at the Goal line and on the other 4th down when they gave it to their FB, at least IMO. We showed grit by not letting that bad spot and call get us down. We had 4 turnovers, 3 in the redzone and one for a TD. We had 2 official turnover on downs, from 4th down stops... The Defense held it together. Sparano said the entire team had a total of nine mis tackles in the game and 4 of them came on one play. The gang tackling and pursuit masked most of the bad tackling.

We have along way to go as a team for sure, but which team doesnt by week 2. We have showed the ability to do what it takes to get the job done and come away with a win and outplay your opponent. Those are very important qualities to possess in a team. The next 2 weeks are going to be a great test for our team, lets hope we show up and play big in "Our House.

ps- and maybe have someone else with return duties, D. Bess has been noticably missing from getting his hands on the ball, like usual. And Clifton SMith has shown me nothing but alot of fair catches thus far

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2010 08:03AM by Crowder52.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 21, 2010 07:02AM

The defense lost at least 3 games for us last year. It's nice to see them winning games for us THIS year!! We had some nice offensive showings last year, and I don't think our offense has taken as step back. I think we have big things to come!

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 21, 2010 07:13AM

Wow...I can't even read that with my old ass eyes....two words for you guys...PARAGRAPH SPACING.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 21, 2010 09:11AM

I have a headache ofter reading the first paragraph.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 21, 2010 09:17AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 21, 2010 09:33AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think you guys are missing the point. The ENTIRE
> reason for football is entertainment. Close games
> are FAR more entertaining to watch than blowouts.
> So, while I would be happy seeing the Dolphins win
> all their games, I would be happiest if they were
> all close-won nail biters.

Happiest? If half this board has heart attacks, it's on your head drinking smiley

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: September 21, 2010 10:00AM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 21, 2010 10:04AM

In my opinion, the key to our offense is Brian Hartline.

The line has proven they can play, Marshall has proven he can play, Ronnie and Ricky have proven again, they can play.

If Hartline can develop into a good #2, ala Ed McCafferey, our offense will be right where it needs to be.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: September 21, 2010 10:33AM

the hell with entertainment...I wanna win 300 to 0 against the jets next week...I wanna see even henne rushing for 10 tds against these jets man.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 21, 2010 10:37AM

Well..I guess I wouldn't mind if the Jests were an exception.

Rick

Date: September 21, 2010 10:39AM

After the game against the vickings i wasnt feeling that well so i got in the car and went with my woman to have dinner ate a dam saltless turkey breast sub...and i still had a pain in the back of my head. I still do today and today is tuesday.

I really cannot take any more of these close games especially against the dam $hits.

Blow them the hell out...300 to 0

Date: September 21, 2010 10:40AM

smileys with beersmileys with beerdolphan4545 Wrote:
> Well..I guess I wouldn't mind if the Jests were an
> exception.

lol smileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beer

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: September 21, 2010 12:00PM

I dont know I love the close games, and wouldnt it be boring to just be the Colts and blow teams out week in and week out. hmmmmmmmmm

No It wouldnt be boring lol I WANT A BLOW OUT FROM OUR TEAM AGAINST THE JETS!!!!! CMON ON BABY!!!

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: September 21, 2010 01:25PM

montequi Wrote:
> dolphan4545 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think you guys are missing the point. The
> ENTIRE
> > reason for football is entertainment. Close
> games
> > are FAR more entertaining to watch than
> blowouts.
> > So, while I would be happy seeing the Dolphins
> win
> > all their games, I would be happiest if they
> were
> > all close-won nail biters.
>
> Happiest? If half this board has heart attacks,
> it's on your head drinking smiley

AMEN BROTHER!!!!

Close games make my palms swetty and my heart race. Would be nice to sprinkle in a blowout here and there...

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 21, 2010 03:06PM

I have enough stress in my life right now. I vote for dominance and blowouts for the next two weeks at least!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 22, 2010 04:39AM

Dominance, overwhelming dominance, in terms of score, defense, and professionalism That's a well-balanced team. Go Dolphins. thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.