HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          You Guys can condemn me if you want
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
You Guys can condemn me if you want
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 19, 2010 10:53AM

But this coaching is pitiful.

We almost lost the game because they had Henne passing in that under 2 minute situation.

Moreover, they did the same thing by calling for the wildcat when we were 2nd and as I remember about 7 on their about 35 in the 3rd quarter (was it). We immediately lost 4 yards and what could have been a set up for a field goal by running for 4 yards let to a need to kick the ball.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: You Guys can condemn me if you want
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 19, 2010 10:55AM

If the kid is going to become great let him pass it for a first down should not had even come to that...Ricky and ronnie almost gave the game away. Not the coaches fault i respectfully disagree.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: September 19, 2010 10:56AM

Cry, cry, cry.

We're 2-0.

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: September 19, 2010 10:57AM

I had some issue with some of the play calling but did not realy have a problem with letting him pass at the end, just poor execution... IMO I think we needed to let him pass more in that game....

Date: September 19, 2010 11:00AM

TheFutt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cry, cry, cry.
>
RESPONSE: And we all would have had the Vikings used that extra timeout to put 7 points on the board and we had lost.

I don't think the announcers were calling it a bad call for nothing.

Our coaches do too much of this crap!

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 19, 2010 11:02AM

Dan Henning had a bad game....and we won in spite of his atrocious play calling.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Hokie Phin ()
Date: September 19, 2010 11:03AM

Our head coach wears sunglasses in a dome. Not even good looking sunglasses either.

Date: September 19, 2010 11:03AM

Oh so what the announcers say is the right call, I think they all thought the Vikes where going to win this game.... Where they right then? I am not 100% behind all the play calling, but one first down and game was over.... he makes that throw and we all say how great that call was....

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 19, 2010 11:04AM

The real problem is that we are too conservative with our play calls...dump off's and check downs are not getting it done for us. We ned to start calling more quick hit passes and more intermediate routes. We call alot of routes that take more than five seconds to develop and the O-line is not giving Henne the time to get the ball there on those plays with regularity.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 19, 2010 11:06AM

A completion ends the game. And the Vikings have had the best run defense in the NFL over the last 5 years. And that's one of the reasons you gave up all that you did to get Brandon Marshall, to have a go to guy in those situations. Now, in that situation, I'm not crazy about calling a pass where Henne has to stand in the pocket and throw over the middle. You know their defense is going to be sending pressure up the middle, and it makes for a tough play to find a throwing lane. I would rather call a roll out with a moving pocket, but I don't have a problem with calling a pass. If it was a weaker run defense, yes, I'd have a problem with it. But, we couldn't run the ball at all in the second half. No way were we running for that first down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2010 11:06AM by dolfanmark.

Date: September 19, 2010 11:07AM

Ken Wrote:
> The real problem is that we are too conservative
> with our play calls...dump off's and check downs
> are not getting it done for us. We ned to start
> calling more quick hit passes and more
> intermediate routes. We call alot of routes that
> take more than five seconds to develop and the
> O-line is not giving Henne the time to get the
> ball there on those plays with regularity.

I agree with that.... we had success running the ball and we should not get away from that but we need to have better pass calls...

Date: September 19, 2010 11:08AM

And add to that, Hartline, Bess, Fasano, Brown and Williams really need to step up in the passing game.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 19, 2010 11:15AM

I feel our offense nearly cost us this game. They need to gel better for next week...I hate divisional losses more than any other.

Date: September 19, 2010 11:18AM

We can play the IF game all day, but the fact is...we won....quit bitching.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 19, 2010 11:21AM

Date: September 19, 2010 11:23AM

So when we win we should all have nothing to say about it...no matter how the team played? Give me a break! We dodged a very large bullet this week and the play of the offense was the reason along with very conservative and questionable play calls and rather large mistakes from key players.

Issues like those beg airing out and discussion.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: September 19, 2010 11:31AM

Yeah, I'm all for enjoying victories and not having meltdowns on the forum after a win, but to imply that there should be no criticism because the team won is absurd.

The offensive playcalling has been pretty questionable the last two weeks. They need to retire the Wildcat, for one thing.

Date: September 19, 2010 11:34AM

So if criticism is crying then we should agree on every call and play made? What the heck fun would that be??? If you agree with every play and call then you are a drone.....

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 19, 2010 11:40AM

my heart's just not in criticizing the team today. 2-0 and a really great tough win!!

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: September 19, 2010 12:25PM

My opinion is mixed on coaching.

Here is what I don't like:
- Offensive playcalling is predictable - any down and long is going to be a screen or draw on offense.
- Running the WC when there is momentum out of the base set early in the game.
- Clock management makes no sense.
- 12 Men on the field over and over again.
- Tony Sparano doesn't know how to use the red flag.

Here is what I like:
- Offensive and defensive gameplans seems solid.
- Our offensive line seems to execute blocking schemes very well.
- Defense playcalling is anything but predictable.
- Defense seems very well coached for a lot of different scenarios.
- Penalties are few and far between.

My conclusion on all of this is that the preparation portion of coaching is a lot better than the gameday coaching. For the most part this is a good thing, but if an opponent forces us out of a gameplan or makes halftime adjustments, the offense doesn't usually respond well. Combine this with poor clock management and a lack of willingness to challenge close, momentum changing plays, and it is a recipe for losing games we should win.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: September 19, 2010 12:40PM

OK lets clear the air. It was 3 and 3 with 2:06 and the viks had a time out. When henne got to the line both safeties were about 5 feet from the line (9 in the box!!) and single man converage on the outside. We were not going to pick up the first by running so they made a call that would have won the game if we coverted. If people are complaining that they were play calling to concervatively how can you also complain about that call? THey were going for the win and even when they did not convert I wrote that was a good call because they knew a first down would have sealed the win.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: September 19, 2010 01:01PM

Miami Reppa Wrote:
> OK lets clear the air. It was 3 and 3 with 2:06
> and the viks had a time out. When henne got to
> the line both safeties were about 5 feet from the
> line (9 in the box!!) and single man converage on
> the outside. We were not going to pick up the
> first by running so they made a call that would
> have won the game if we coverted. If people are
> complaining that they were play calling to
> concervatively how can you also complain about
> that call? THey were going for the win and even
> when they did not convert I wrote that was a good
> call because they knew a first down would have
> sealed the win.

I don't condemn that call at all. I saw the same thing. I think doing it in Buffalo late in the game last week was stupid, because we could have convert a 3rd and short against the Bills if they had 11 on the line. Against the Vikes, different story.

My main problem with play calling is that the way to stop this offense is to make a 5 yard sack, or force a holding penalty. Any down and more than 15, we are always going to punt, because the playcalling is going to be a draw or screen and everyone knows it. And the Wild Cat should be used a lot less than it has.

Date: September 19, 2010 02:58PM

Date: September 19, 2010 03:13PM

Date: September 19, 2010 04:11PM

Dude. We WON. Go wash the sand out of your...you know. Again, you want to play this stupid "IF" game, and I am telling you that I straight up refuse.

Yes, there is room for improvement, but I refuse to psychoanalyze every little detail about this game IN HINDSIGHT.

What would I do if we lose? Avoid this board like the plague because you guys are crybabies enough when we win...I won't waste my time reading your football sorrows written by the tears that hit your keyboard.

Date: September 19, 2010 04:12PM

Because you have no answer and you know it.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: September 19, 2010 04:12PM

LOL

Date: September 19, 2010 04:24PM

"written by the tears that hit your keyboard."

Mia1, I must confess I do like a good turn of a phrase myself.

Good One, The Futt!!!!!

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: September 19, 2010 04:26PM

Jesus guys your as bad as me and you know who.

Posted by: NDDolFan ()
Date: September 19, 2010 04:50PM

The problem is Henne. He is almost always late in his throws. Just before the 2 minute warning he had Marshall open but he threw it late. This was the play where he scrambled right and was hit as he threw. But as I said the ball should have been thrown eariler. If you watch other pass completion replays the Miami receiver has already taken his cut and THEN Henne throws the pass there is no anticipation. I hope he gets better at this in time and do like his arm strength. The wildcat is not going away. It is a good formation with Miami's personel. They will throw out of it again, count on it. Go Dolphins. I am in ND with all Viking fans so what a GREAT day at work tomorrow!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.